Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Aug 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #2,328 of 4,593

Quote:
i thinking of buying the hd 25 of sennheiser :)
are they good with hip hop and electronic music ? or should the audio technica or beyer dt 770 a better choice ?
thanx a lot for this fantastic review

I don't have long term impressions yet, but I am just listening to my new hd 25-1's and the bass hits really nicely on this dubstep I'm jamming to right now. I've read from others that yes, they are great for fast type music

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2,329 of 4,593
voila i would a good headphone i thought about the ultrasone pro 900 but it 400 euro ( as it is worth there is no problem but if i can find something good like the sennheiser hd 25 for the half price ... :d )
thanx for answering

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #2,330 of 4,593

Quote:
i thinking of buying the hd 25 of sennheiser :)
are they good with hip hop and electronic music ? or should the audio technica or beyer dt 770 a better choice ?
thanx a lot for this fantastic review

I think they are most excellent for these genres. I have only tried the 250 ohm version of the Beyer DT770 and wasn't a huge fan. A little harsh and not any more controlled than the HD25 down low. Definitely preferred the 880/600.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #2,332 of 4,593

Hey ljokerl I just read your review on the Marshall Major I honestly thought it would have gotten a much lower score.  This guy reckons they are just about ok for listening to speech but definitely not recommended for listening to music, strange eh!  I haven't heard them myself but it's a pretty damning review don't ya think, best avoided I'm guessing 
wink_face.gif
   I haven't heard them myself but I     

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2,334 of 4,593
If the Majors sound anything like the Minors, I would have to agree with Inner-Fidelity's take on them.  They would be brighter in the mid-highs, and softer on the bass and (especially the treble).  Guitars seemed to shine with them.  Bass would be exactly how Joker explained it, doesn't extend that deep, a little thump, that's as much as you'll get though.  What I won't agree with is that they are total garbage for music, they work, but only so far.  There are better choices though.  Again, this is if the Majors sound anything like the Minors.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2,335 of 4,593

Quote:
Hey ljokerl I just read your review on the Marshall Major I honestly thought it would have gotten a much lower score.  This guy reckons they are just about ok for listening to speech but definitely not recommended for listening to music, strange eh!  I haven't heard them myself but it's a pretty damning review don't ya think, best avoided I'm guessing 
wink_face.gif
   I haven't heard them myself but I     

I don't read/watch other reviews but I suppose it depends on what you're comparing them to. There are much better options for that sort of money but I've also heard much, much worse (e.g. the Urbanears). Everything has a price and the Major overshoots its 'good value' price point by a bit. It's not garbage, though.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #2,336 of 4,593
Agreed on the Major. if the Major sounds like that, I dont want to listen to the urban ears.

I got it as a quick-on-the-go side option for the HD25 but I prefer the ES7 for it, or the V6 still like 20$ less. honestly got carried for the look and the folding mechanism. 
biggrin.gif
. not worth the 100$ for sure, I would recommend it if it were priced at 60 or 70, I think.

nice write up as usual, Joker.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #2,337 of 4,593
I actually agree w/ Joker's review of the Majors.  Me and Tyll exchanged a few posts about it on the Majors thread and I don't it so much that they sound bad.  They really don't sound bad.  It's whether they sound bad for the price.  For $50 I wouldn't mind saying have a go if you like the design.  They don't deserve to be categorized as bad phones IMO.  I have yet to hear the DT48 but I would guess the Majors slaughter them in the low end.  Just a guess.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #2,338 of 4,593

Quote:
I actually agree w/ Joker's review of the Majors. 

Whoa there - that's not allowed these days.

~$50-60 is what I would pay for them as well, but I actually like the looks and construction. Really all of the Zounds headphones need to be knocked down a notch. Major should be at the Plattan pricepoint, Plattan should be at the Coloud Colors price point, and the Colouds should all be gathered up and recycled into Lego bricks. Waste of colorful plastic is what they are now.

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #2,339 of 4,593
Hi Joker! Nice reviews, I have spent a lot of time reading them. Will you review the AIAIAI TMA-1? I have read other head-fiers reviews but i´d like to know how well they compare to other headphones on their price range. Keep the good work!

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #2,340 of 4,593

Quote:
Hi Joker! Nice reviews, I have spent a lot of time reading them. Will you review the AIAIAI TMA-1? I have read other head-fiers reviews but i´d like to know how well they compare to other headphones on their price range. Keep the good work!

I'm going to be sending them to him soon to review... Been preparing to move for the past month and a half, so I've been busy. I hope to remedy that soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back