Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Feb 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #2,956 of 4,593

Quote:

Didn't the mods already say no? 
devil_face.gif

actually Jude voted 'yay' but that was it. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,957 of 4,593
So that's where the hope comes from? 
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #2,959 of 4,593

Quote:
I'm so happy to hear that!

BTW denon HP1000 and ATH Pro700 look the same. could they be rebrands?

Yes, I've read somewhere that they are. Not sure if true. I think there was a 3rd sibling as well.

Quote:
Thank you. Nice work. Is there a wireless one coming out? Now that wireless is becoming more and more.

There's a review of the TDK WR700 in the thread and I'll probably post a review of my Sennheiser MM400s at some point as well. No plans for any other wireless sets at this time.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #2,960 of 4,593
Hey |joker| and others, what do you think about the akg k518 vs k181, I guess I want the portability of the k518, but am worried mostly about its long term cable durability and to a lesser extent the increased sq and potential better isolation of the k181. I'm probably going to go with the k518 because it's a better portable overall, but did your k81 cable hold up to the wear and tear for a portable can?

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2,961 of 4,593

Quote:
Hey |joker| and others, what do you think about the akg k518 vs k181, I guess I want the portability of the k518, but am worried mostly about its long term cable durability and to a lesser extent the increased sq and potential better isolation of the k181. I'm probably going to go with the k518 because it's a better portable overall, but did your k81 cable hold up to the wear and tear for a portable can?

I think the K81 is better value for money at <$50 if you can get used to the tight fit. My pair was over a year old with no cable issues whatsoever. The cord is pretty tough. Not sure if that's still true for the K518 as they are meant for consumer use but I would guess the cable is just shorter.

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #2,962 of 4,593
I received my px 100s ii yesterday. I really like em. What i noticed is that after wearin em for a bit, the cushion on the pads, gets kinda embedded to the plastic from the speaker. When i come back it gets partly to normal, but the shape is not totally flat like i guess it should be . Not sure if thats normal or if i should wear em more loose.

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2,963 of 4,593

Quote:
I think the K81 is better value for money at <$50 if you can get used to the tight fit. My pair was over a year old with no cable issues whatsoever. The cord is pretty tough. Not sure if that's still true for the K518 as they are meant for consumer use but I would guess the cable is just shorter.

Thanks, I figured that's what I would hear, but thanks for the reassuring post. With this head-fi stuff it's constantly about "well if I spend this much more then I could look at buying this headphone instead" lol. I think I'll be glad with my choice. I placed an order today for the k518 because they were only $46 shipped and sold from amazon. Should be a strong portable headphone that is budget friendly.

Also, thanks for this amazing portable review thread. I have spent hours reading reviews of different headphones because you give a good amount of impressions without the information becoming too dense. When I have a better cash flow I'll have to look at getting some of the portable kings either the beyer dt1350 or the old champ sennheiser hd25. In the mean time the akg should satisfy.

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2,966 of 4,593

Quote:
I received my px 100s ii yesterday. I really like em. What i noticed is that after wearin em for a bit, the cushion on the pads, gets kinda embedded to the plastic from the speaker. When i come back it gets partly to normal, but the shape is not totally flat like i guess it should be . Not sure if thats normal or if i should wear em more loose.

I never noticed, but then I probably didn't look at the foam when taking them off. 

Quote:
Thanks, I figured that's what I would hear, but thanks for the reassuring post. With this head-fi stuff it's constantly about "well if I spend this much more then I could look at buying this headphone instead" lol. I think I'll be glad with my choice. I placed an order today for the k518 because they were only $46 shipped and sold from amazon. Should be a strong portable headphone that is budget friendly.

Also, thanks for this amazing portable review thread. I have spent hours reading reviews of different headphones because you give a good amount of impressions without the information becoming too dense. When I have a better cash flow I'll have to look at getting some of the portable kings either the beyer dt1350 or the old champ sennheiser hd25. In the mean time the akg should satisfy.

Good buy, hope you like 'em!

Quote:
how bout an over ear 300$ and lower shootout, as good as this one?

Be my guest 
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2,969 of 4,593

Users who are viewing this thread

Back