Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Feb 11, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #241 of 4,593
|joker| I am starting to find it odd that you haven't reviewed the HD25 yet. Are you trying to keep them a secret? Not that that would be possible. Did you loose your HD25? Do you have an allergic reaction to your "favorite portable"? Wait I know.....your afraid if you review the HD25 they will sell out everywhere and you won't be able to get another one?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #242 of 4,593
Awesome thread!
biggrin.gif
I just picked up a pair of the KSC75s and I'm looking forward to modding them.

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #243 of 4,593
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
|joker| I am starting to find it odd that you haven't reviewed the HD25 yet. Are you trying to keep them a secret? Not that that would be possible. Did you loose your HD25? Do you have an allergic reaction to your "favorite portable"? Wait I know.....your afraid if you review the HD25 they will sell out everywhere and you won't be able to get another one?
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL, you're maybe right.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #245 of 4,593
Sorry guys, I somehow got unsubscribed from my own thread.

@kshelton: I find it odd that I have not yet reviewed the HD25 as well. I don't work well when there's no time pressure. I need to set a deadline and then I'll get them done.

@jung: yes. I tried this and the beast still sounded like the portapros...

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #246 of 4,593
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kshelton: I find it odd that I have not yet reviewed the HD25 as well. I don't work well when there's no time pressure. I need to set a deadline and then I'll get them done.

lol I am just teasing man. I just think its funny you haven't reviewed the best portable yet
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #248 of 4,593
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja_racoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no px100-II?

I returned a PX200-II because I preferred the sound of my PX100, I can't find a PX100-II locally, so I would value a review before I order a PX100-II>>
atsmile.gif

LQQK

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #250 of 4,593
Sorry, no plans for a PX100-II at the moment. Still got two Senns to add before I even think about them. Same goes for the Phiatons although they look darn good. Mmm... dual drivers.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #251 of 4,593
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, no plans for a PX100-II at the moment. Still got two Senns to add before I even think about them. Same goes for the Phiatons although they look darn good. Mmm... dual drivers.

I'm actually from Culver City and I believe DXC Store on Washington carries Phiton. You could probably check them out there.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #252 of 4,593
Any chance of you reviewing the MDR-V150s? Surely the most ubiquitous of portable headphones... I see at least five pairs a day.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #254 of 4,593
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZigZig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually from Culver City and I believe DXC Store on Washington carries Phiton. You could probably check them out there.

Thanks, I've been meaning to visit them again. I don't remember them having any Phiaton models the last time I was there but I could've missed them. Wish their prices were at least half decent - can't exactly write a review while demoing some phones in-store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any chance of you reviewing the MDR-V150s? Surely the most ubiquitous of portable headphones... I see at least five pairs a day.

They are nowhere near as ubiquitous around here. I don't think I've ever seen a pair outside of Guitar Center. I guess they might have made a good baseline but I already have the parts-express mini headphones and I sincerely hope the Sonys are better than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dual drivers for headphones? i dont think ive heard of that before

They aren't the only ones, either. IIRC they use a pair of nested coaxial drivers. I think there's a $50 set by Acoustic Research with the same configuration. There's also a Chinese company that makes canalphones with dual coaxial dynamic drivers. Don't think they ever reached the US market and I've forgotten the name, but they're out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back