1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)

First
 
Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next
 
Last
  1. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Can you give me a hint? [​IMG]



    It probably won't be of too much interest for you [​IMG]
     
  2. Armaegis
    Has anyone here heard the Nuforce headphones? They bear a strong resemblance to the Ultrasone Zinos (and I think use similar drivers?)
     
  3. jjsoviet
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    It probably won't be of too much interest for you [​IMG]



    LOL I get it now. [​IMG] That's fine, I just want to see that comparo come along.
    BTW, can you also include the Senn HD25-1 to the list? A lot of Head-Fi'ers say this is one of the best closed portable cans around. [​IMG]
     
  4. bubsdaddy
    I purchased the JVC SA700s and the Flats and I am really enjoying both of them. Both provide pretty decent isolation for their size and I enjoy the sound signature on each. I also appreciate that you included a lot of low priced sets in both of your giant comparison threads.
     
  5. Palpatine
    HD25 I II are awesome portables!
     
  6. bubsdaddy
    I also pulled out my AKG 26Ps and my HP460s to compare. I prefer the s700s by a pretty large margin.
     
  7. grokit
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    HD25 I II are awesome portables!



    Not to nitpick, but why are these considered portables?

    Do the earcups even fold flat?
     
  8. Napilopez
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Not to nitpick, but why are these considered portables?

    Do the earcups even fold flat?




    I don't think they do, but you can completely remove the earcups =P Plus, they seem to be very small.

    Joker, perhaps you should change the street price on the CAL!s to 55? Since everyone seems to get them from costco at that price. That makes them a much more attractive value; I'd buy them if I had an excuse to make for buying another set of headphones XD. Am quite happy with my PX200-IIs though thankfully.

    EDIT: I've always been curious about grados. On one hand, on paper they sound like a sound signature I wouldn't stand. Small soundstage, on the harsher end of things, and lack of bass boom some genres, but they seem so praised. Seeing as I listen to alot of rock, I'mma have to try them sometime =P
     
  9. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Not to nitpick, but why are these considered portables?

    Do the earcups even fold flat?




    I wouldn't use Grados or the AKG K181Dj outside of my own volition but I wear the HD25 regularly. Portability is relative - would flat-folding cups really make them that much more stowable? And yeah, the HD25 comes apart into bits and pieces [​IMG].

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Joker, perhaps you should change the street price on the CAL!s to 55? Since everyone seems to get them from costco at that price. That makes them a much more attractive value; I'd buy them if I had an excuse to make for buying another set of headphones XD. Am quite happy with my PX200-IIs though thankfully.



    I didn't change it because it was supposed to be a temporary sale. I'll change the price with the next update, if I don't forget.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    EDIT: I've always been curious about grados. On one hand, on paper they sound like a sound signature I wouldn't stand. Small soundstage, on the harsher end of things, and lack of bass boom some genres, but they seem so praised. Seeing as I listen to alot of rock, I'mma have to try them sometime =P



    Yes, Grados are something that every Rock listener needs to experience at least once. I got hooked with the SR125 and have had a Grado of some sort in my collection since. If I had to narrow my home phones down to one I would probably keep the MS2i, if only because the K601s require $500 worth of equipment to even approach their full potential. The Grados sound great straight out of my iBasso D10.
     
  10. theKraken11
    Hey Joker, are the headphones in parentheses, in your sig, lower than all the others or just unranked?
     
  11. ljokerl Contributor
    Unranked. The only headphones I rank are ones that I've owned for a long time and have developed definite preferences for. I should put that in my sig or something. Or stop ranking them altogether. I don't often bother updating it anyway.
     
  12. grokit
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Portability is relative - would flat-folding cups really make them that much more stowable? And yeah, the HD25 comes apart into bits and pieces [​IMG]



    I think the Hd-25s are great headphones, but I also think that if you have to disassemble them to transport them safely when they are not on your head, then they should not be classified as portable. And yes, flat-folding cups are much easier to stow in a briefcase, and there are many more options for protective cases when the cups fold flat as well.

    So I guess I am nitpicking [​IMG]
     
  13. Napilopez
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I think the Hd-25s are great headphones, but I also think that if you have to disassemble them to transport them safely when they are not on your head, then they should not be classified as portable. And yes, flat-folding cups are much easier to stow in a briefcase, and there are many more options for protective cases when the cups fold flat as well.

    So I guess I am nitpicking [​IMG]




    Well to be fair, fro all I hear, they are built like a tank, so I doubt they would have issue being transported without dissembling them =P
     
  14. jjsoviet
    So... would the HD25's be included in this list? If not truly "portable" that you can swivel the cups or fold them completely, at least they can withstand daily wear inside a bag.
     
  15. Napilopez
    The CAL! is on this list, and those aren't foldable. At least on the HD25 you can remove the cups if you really needed to fit it into a tight space.
     
First
 
Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next
 
Last

Share This Page