Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
May 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #1,951 of 4,593

Quote:
Curious but any chance of getting the Beyer DT1350. The recent youtube video uploaded by Jude got me wondering how good they are.

I imagine the FA-011 would be about as portable as your K601 or K701.

Unless Beyerdynamic really likes my DTX 300 p review (which I am not sure they will), I see that as a very slim possibility. 

May 5, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #1,952 of 4,593
Tyll seems to like the DT1350 very much as well. Does someone want to step up to the plate and send Joker a pair for review?
ph34r.gif

May 5, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #1,953 of 4,593
I received my HT-21 last week. Still haven't gotten around to posting impressions but they were a fantastic deal at $24. I never expected the price to stay at $40, Newegg currently is selling them for $30 + 1.99 shipping.
Quote:
Maybe not this one....but the Oldskool's would be pretty cool.  Don't see anywhere here stateside that they can be purchased though. 

My HT-21 should be arriving today.  It's my very first venture with Meelectronics of any kind.  A whole new sound sig!  Woooohooo!

May 5, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #1,955 of 4,593
I've tried the HD280 but didn't end up buying it. I thought it sounded dark compared to the MDR-V6 and V900HD and was a bit uncomfortable. Either way I'm sure a Senn that old has been reviewed to death while I've got new releases to cover.

May 5, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #1,956 of 4,593
The HD280 is an old workhorse, much like the V6. A bit darker in sound, harder clamp, closed soundstage, but the best isolation I've ever heard (or rather, not heard) in a full sized headphone.

May 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,957 of 4,593
I don't think you'll find a lot of good reviews for the HD280.  The best thing about them is they isolate as well as any full sized headphone.  They're fragile though and have a 6 foot long coiled cord which makes them pretty useless for portable.  They were the first headphone I bought after coming to head-fi because I was looking for isolation during my subway commute.   The cord hung down to my shin and because it's coiled, it's awkward to stuff in a pocket or tie it up.

May 6, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #1,959 of 4,593
Mine still work fine, but all of the plastic on the headband has slowly broken off.  The headband is now bare metal.  These are about 5 years old now and there were more that a few complaints about it back then.  They may have changed the headband design/materials to fix the problem.

May 6, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,961 of 4,593
nice! the KCS35 looks classy.

are the portapro attached to the headband by a ball and clip? (dunno the name for that mechanism) but if they are, they could exchange headband/clip ons with the ksc75, am I correct?

guess I'll find out soon, I won an used portapro at ebay (15$!!) my hair is ready to be scalped!

May 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #1,963 of 4,593

Quote:

are the portapro attached to the headband by a ball and clip? (dunno the name for that mechanism) but if they are, they could exchange headband/clip ons with the ksc75, am I correct?

guess I'll find out soon, I won an used portapro at ebay (15$!!) my hair is ready to be scalped!

Portapro and KSC35 driver housings are interchangeable - those of the PortaPros are just blue instead of black. The KSC75 doesn't work as well with the PP headband as the driver doesn't sit flush with the temple pads. However, it's been a while since I tried it and my KSC75s had a headband back then anyway. I know some people used the Yuin G1A/G2A drivers with PortaPro headband which seems like a solid combination.

May 8, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #1,965 of 4,593

Quote:

Quarter mod the pads.. Superglue the cut outs to the sliders. You will never lose a hair off of your head again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back