Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Mar 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #4,246 of 4,593
Mar 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #4,249 of 4,593
Joker, how's your backlog looking like these days? I have some relatively higher-end semi-portables here that I wouldn't mind sending to you to get an idea of how they sound through the lens of your ears - over-ear Momentums, NAD HP50s, and an incoming Sony 7520. Seems like this thread is a bit lacking in the high end compared to your IEM review thread so I thought I'd make the offer
devil_face.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #4,250 of 4,593
Unfortunately collectively the two threads have my hands full - there's only a few things queued up for this thread but lots of IEMs. 

Thanks for your offer though! 

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #4,251 of 4,593
Thanks Joker for all the time spent here and your seemingly impervious dedication.  On a side note I would like you to review the noontec Zoro or the Zoro HD I think they deserve some attention

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #4,252 of 4,593
  Thanks Joker for all the time spent here and your seemingly impervious dedication.  On a side note I would like you to review the noontec Zoro or the Zoro HD I think they deserve some attention

Yeah lots of people have requested them. I still haven't gotten a set but they're in the back of my mind 
redface.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #4,253 of 4,593
Hey joker, I was wondering if you tried out the Focal Spirit Classic headphones? I have been looking everywhere, but I am still undecided on what to buy. I want something that is comfortable and sound quality must be efficient. I am a newbie looking to buy headphones for traveling and home-use, so I really need something efficient and accurate; but I also want it to be fun-sounding without it being too analytical. Source: Nexus 5 and my laptop. Definitely going to get an amp. My budget: <£200. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #4,255 of 4,593
  Hi all!
Please recommend some on/over Ear portable Headphones for Deep Dubstep and EDM to upgrade my TF10 IEMs. I always use a portable Amp.
Thanks.

Budget?

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,257 of 4,593
  Hey joker, I was wondering if you tried out the Focal Spirit Classic headphones? I have been looking everywhere, but I am still undecided on what to buy. I want something that is comfortable and sound quality must be efficient. I am a newbie looking to buy headphones for traveling and home-use, so I really need something efficient and accurate; but I also want it to be fun-sounding without it being too analytical. Source: Nexus 5 and my laptop. Definitely going to get an amp. My budget: <£200. 

I haven't tried them, or most other cans people tend to recommend in that price range. I would say the Sennheiser HD25-II if you don't mind on-ears but there might be newer options. You'd probably be better off asking in the recommendation forum.

Hi all!
Please recommend some on/over Ear portable Headphones for Deep Dubstep and EDM to upgrade my TF10 IEMs. I always use a portable Amp.
Thanks.

Same as above, my experience with cans $150 and up is pretty outdated. I've always though the Ultrasone Proline cans sounded like the TF10 (especially the PRO650 and PRO750). I also quite like the HF25 with electronic music. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4,258 of 4,593
Thanks for the reply. I am glad to say I have found some really good headphones -- the MDR-7520! The best I've heard,
since the other headphones, namely the Focal Spirit Classic, in the showroom were lacking in bass and clarity.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #4,259 of 4,593
Thanks Joker, once again a really helpful review/comparison. 
I would love you to try the Superlux HD-681 EVO, they are really cheap and I have heard some great things about it.
I know it's just huge, but it has some handy features like a 'detachable' cable.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #4,260 of 4,593
  Thanks Joker, once again a really helpful review/comparison. 
I would love you to try the Superlux HD-681 EVO, they are really cheap and I have heard some great things about it.
I know it's just huge, but it has some handy features like a 'detachable' cable.

Thanks!

No plans to review it at this time but maybe in the future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back