Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Dec 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #3,721 of 4,593
Quote:
Huh, that'd weird, your local Radio Shack doesn't have a headphone demo section?

Yours does? (In Puerto Rico?)

I've been to four locally, and none have one.

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #3,727 of 4,593
Oh I agree, first RS I visited (closest) had a jacked security cord on the M-80 that wouldn't unwind, so I couldn't put them on without leaning down awkwardly into the shelf... I asked if someone could fix it or unlock it for a few minutes and they basically brushed me off, not in a very apologetic way either.

The sales reps around the phone section are obnoxiously pushy too, and always hovering around the door (something I was taught not to do when I worked retail).

I was actually walking OUT (not even in) of the store during the summer, holding an EVO LTE that had come out a month earlier (and they sell it themselves so they should know this), and the sales rep goes "hey chief, wanna upgrade that phone?". Seriously? It's a small miracle if that guy scores any sales whatsoever.

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #3,729 of 4,593
I have been there buying resistors and had them try to force a phone down my throat. I. said that iI would never return if it didn't stop. I dealt with the manager once, who explained that it comes from corporate. I always deal with him now, he's more of the old radio Shack, that wants to help you build stuff.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #3,730 of 4,593
I'm in the southwest.  Ratshack people are always kind and helpful, if a little dumb on occasion around here.  I rarely stop by, usually only for parts to repair something.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #3,733 of 4,593
I went to the RS near me today and it wasn't as bad as before. They surprisingly did have the M-80 on the floor, and they only carry the black and red, and the LP in black and white only. Got a pair to try out and see how I like them. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #3,734 of 4,593
Hey joker, any plans to review the K618Dj (or K619 - mic version)? Or even the K67? (Tiesto branded version, possibly tuned differently) Came across them recently but there's not a lot of comparisons out there, they look like an interesting update to the old K518, not sure it's worth the price premium tho, since at this point the K518LE are like half as much on Amazon...

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #3,735 of 4,593
Quote:
Hey joker, any plans to review the K618Dj (or K619 - mic version)? Or even the K67? (Tiesto branded version, possibly tuned differently) Came across them recently but there's not a lot of comparisons out there, they look like an interesting update to the old K518, not sure it's worth the price premium tho, since at this point the K518LE are like half as much on Amazon...

I don't know what a tiesto is, but the K67 is pretty, as is the K619!

AKG makes some of the best looking cans around (in my humble opinion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back