Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Oct 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #3,572 of 4,593
Oct 27, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #3,576 of 4,593
Quote:
Won't hold my breath for Monster or beats, the high end monster iem are maybe good for the money but of course I have only listen to the beats solo hd.

the solos are absolutely terrible. tbh i fell in love with the studios bass when i tried them on; it rattled my cheeks a little
L3000.gif
 <-- *prepares flame suit*

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #3,577 of 4,593
Joker I hope you do indeed get an M-100 to review. You deserve it for all the work you put into your reviews and it would be great to read your input, especially when compared to the M-80.

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #3,578 of 4,593
Quote:
Joker I hope you do indeed get an M-100 to review. You deserve it for all the work you put into your reviews and it would be great to read your input, especially when compared to the M-80.

Time will tell 
wink.gif
. Maybe I'll ask Val for a sample after I clear up my queue a bit more.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #3,582 of 4,593
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #3,583 of 4,593
Quote:
lp2 or studios, both are the same price

I've never heard the LP2. It's supposed to be superior to the original LP, which is about on-par with the Studios.

Quote:
How does the HD25-1 II compare to the ATH-M50?

There's some comparisons to the HD25 in the M50 review in this thread. I don't have the M50 anymore so I can only give broad comparisons from memory, which won't be as useful. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #3,584 of 4,593
So I did buy the DT1350 and have them on my head right now.  But I bought them for the subway on Friday, Bloomberg/MTA shut the subway down on Sunday, and it is unlikely they'll be running again until next week from my location.  In any case I'm having a blast using them given that I'm stuck at home from the hurricane.  I've used them with my iPad, my iMac, and off of my Aikido pre-amp with my Oatley DIY portable tube headphone amp.  Playing vinyl through my Aikido brings me right back to the old days.  Stairway to Heaven never sounded so good.  I've burned through the top 10 of all time classic rock with them, all on vinyl.  (Obviously I still have power, and internet access.  No real problem where I am.)

I haven't tried any classical yet, maybe later.  

"Who'll stop the rain?"  ...  -CCR, playing as I write this on iTunes off my iMac.  

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,585 of 4,593
Quote:
So I did buy the DT1350 and have them on my head right now.  But I bought them for the subway on Friday, Bloomberg/MTA shut the subway down on Sunday, and it is unlikely they'll be running again until next week from my location.  In any case I'm having a blast using them given that I'm stuck at home from the hurricane.  I've used them with my iPad, my iMac, and off of my Aikido pre-amp with my Oatley DIY portable tube headphone amp.  Playing vinyl through my Aikido brings me right back to the old days.  Stairway to Heaven never sounded so good.  I've burned through the top 10 of all time classic rock with them, all on vinyl.  (Obviously I still have power, and internet access.  No real problem where I am.)

I haven't tried any classical yet, maybe later.  

"Who'll stop the rain?"  ...  -CCR, playing as I write this on iTunes off my iMac.  

Glad you like 'em! Nothing like quality listening time with bad weather brewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back