Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Jul 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #3,301 of 4,593
Quote:
I am looking for a headphone in the range of $ 50-60. Currently i have a cyclone pr1 pro iem which i had bought reading your review.

I want good detail and soundstage but i like bass too which is controlled and doesn't extend into the mids.

I have read about the superlux hd 668b and takstar 2050 but can't decide which one from these. What are the differences between these 2.

There are also other superluxs and takstar models too but i dont know much about them. I also read somewhere that Jaycar Pro audio are also good for the price but can't find a review anywhere.

I mostly listen to classic rock and house music. I won't be using an amplifier to drive these but just my cowon d2. 

I have heard the Sennheiser hd 439 and they weren't bad. So i am confused which one to go for. Superlux, takstar or jaycar. Or sennheiser which i can buy locally. Are there any other headphones that i chould be considering?

While I'm not familiar with Takstar or Jaycar, I do think the HD668B fits your requirements and is still one of the better <$60 sets I've heard.

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #3,303 of 4,593
Jul 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #3,304 of 4,593
I'm torn between the coby cv 185 and the Sony mdr zx100. They're both 10 dollars and have heard great reviews for both of them. Can anyone who has listened to these help me btw I listen to hiphop/rap so I'm slightly biased towards bass :p

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #3,305 of 4,593
ljokerl, I just noticed you have a P3 for sale, so can I assume your P3 review is about to "surface"? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,307 of 4,593
Jul 25, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #3,309 of 4,593
Quote:
Hey Joker, do you find Etymotics (specifically the HF3/2/5) to be colder and just as analytical as the DT1350s?

Yes, although it's worth mentioning that I have custom tips for my Etys that go to the 2nd bend of my ear canal so I don't find them to be as bright as many of the impressions I've read. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,310 of 4,593
Thanks for the response Joker. Would you say the DTs are more detailed than the HF3 or on the same level? I myself don't find them particularly bright - I'd call them neutral to my ears - and I have the triflanges with these. I feel that something like the HD25 is more on the bright, slightly edgier side in comparison.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #3,311 of 4,593
Quote:
Thanks for the response Joker. Would you say the DTs are more detailed than the HF3 or on the same level? I myself don't find them particularly bright - I'd call them neutral to my ears - and I have the triflanges with these. I feel that something like the HD25 is more on the bright, slightly edgier side in comparison.

About the same level except that the DT1350 is more dynamic, Agreed on the HF5 being neutral, maybe even a touch warm compared to some other IEMs out there.

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,314 of 4,593
Hey Guys, time for new headphone / earbuds!.  Recommendations greatly appreciated.

Previous Favorite Headphone:  Sennheiser CX500, Sennheiser IE6 (my favorite so far, but lost them :frowning2:, and Koss Porta Pro. While I feel the porta pros don't sound as good as the Sennheisers, they are more comfortable.

Earbuds or Headphone: Preferably Earbuds, since these are for my portable rig

MP3 Player in Use: Sony A series 16gb.

Type of Music: Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Soundtracks (Instrumental),  Pop, Soft rock, Taylor Swift, Bollywood, Vocals.  Evenely divded

Price Range - $200ish and under.

Tried, but don't like so far: Logitech Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 , Sony Extra Bass line, Sennheiser HD280.

Once again, thank you

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #3,315 of 4,593
Quote:
Hey Guys, time for new headphone / earbuds!.  Recommendations greatly appreciated.

Previous Favorite Headphone:  Sennheiser CX500, Sennheiser IE6 (my favorite so far, but lost them :frowning2:, and Koss Porta Pro. While I feel the porta pros don't sound as good as the Sennheisers, they are more comfortable.

Earbuds or Headphone: Preferably Earbuds, since these are for my portable rig

MP3 Player in Use: Sony A series 16gb.

Type of Music: Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Soundtracks (Instrumental),  Pop, Soft rock, Taylor Swift, Bollywood, Vocals.  Evenely divded

Price Range - $200ish and under.

Tried, but don't like so far: Logitech Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 , Sony Extra Bass line, Sennheiser HD280.

Once again, thank you

The in-ear thread is here. If you liked the IE6 I would recommend looking around for a used IE8 - not at all unreasonable with that budget. Alternatives would be the Radius TWF11 DDM (if you can find one) or maybe the Yamaha EPH-100. Really depends on what exactly you're after signature-wise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back