Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
May 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #3,166 of 4,593
Hi ljokerl,

would you be getting the sennheiser amperior's anytime soon? I would like to hear your thoughts on those as I am currently trying to choose a portable headphone, either the hd-25-1-II or dt1350, but I want to wait and see if the amperiors are going to be worth it. 

Thanks

May 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,168 of 4,593
Quote:
Hey Joker,

When are you gonna do an official review of your HFI-780s? After 300+ hours, DT 250 pads, and venting the drivers I think I've found my personal cure for upgraditis -- now it's time to get an amp *cough*.

I guess I just need some validation against the headphones in your review so I don't go crazy mulling over the possibilities! After all, this thread is what spurred me into the Head-Fi craze.

Not sure, I haven't had the time to write anything up for this thread lately. It's a good headphone but I try to review all of my cans factory stock so my results may not be representative of what a modded pair sounds like. 

Quote:
Hi ljokerl,

would you be getting the sennheiser amperior's anytime soon? I would like to hear your thoughts on those as I am currently trying to choose a portable headphone, either the hd-25-1-II or dt1350, but I want to wait and see if the amperiors are going to be worth it. 

Thanks

Wasn't planning on it but I'd be interested in trying them out. Maybe towards the end of summer..

Quote:
How would the Senn PX200 II compare with portapro in A/B comparison ?

You'd have to ask someone who owns both to do an A:B.

May 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #3,169 of 4,593
hey does anyone know if the beats by dre solo sounds different from the beats solo HD. I just listened to the Beats Solo HD, and I gotta say, it wasn't bad, not bad at all. At least compared to what I had expected. I do enjoy bass, so I didn't find that too annoying, but the only big problem I saw was very bad detail retrieval and a few frequency spikes. Oh and transparency isn't the best. Still, I thought it sounded better than what I remember the normal Solo to sound. 

May 31, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #3,173 of 4,593
Is the V-Moda LP a decent option for about $100-$150

I was looking for stylish, bass-heavy, and well-isolating headphones that would impress my friends. 

I would like something sounds very engaging and exciting, with a powerful touch of bass. All for under or around $150.

Should I just get the M50's?

I would go for something like the XB700, but I thought it wasn't quite isolating enough, and looked a little ridiculous. Anything Denon is just not well isolating enough. The Q40's to bulky..

Thanks.

May 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,175 of 4,593
Quote:
Is the V-Moda LP a decent option for about $100-$150

I was looking for stylish, bass-heavy, and well-isolating headphones that would impress my friends. 

I would like something sounds very engaging and exciting, with a powerful touch of bass. All for under or around $150.

Should I just get the M50's?

I would go for something like the XB700, but I thought it wasn't quite isolating enough, and looked a little ridiculous. Anything Denon is just not well isolating enough. The Q40's to bulky..

Thanks.

With those requirements the Crossfade LP will probably work best. The newer Denon D1100 actually doesn't isolate poorly, just not as well as the V-Modas and many other portables.

Quote:
I have used this thread a bunch of times to purchase headphones either for myself or for gifts.

Thanks ljokerl!

Subscribed.

Great, glad the thread was useful!

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #3,177 of 4,593
Quote:

With those requirements the Crossfade LP will probably work best. The newer Denon D1100 actually doesn't isolate poorly, just not as well as the V-Modas and many other portables.

Thanks for replying!

The M50 looks very decent aswell. I could live with it's looks, especially the white one.

Is the M50 bassy enough ( and obviously much clearer) to replace something like the LP?

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #3,179 of 4,593
Quote:
Thanks for replying!

The M50 looks very decent aswell. I could live with it's looks, especially the white one.

Is the M50 bassy enough ( and obviously much clearer) to replace something like the LP?

The M50 is not nearly as bassy as an LP, XB700, or Q40. The clarity is much better, however.

Quote:
Can you please do a review on Sol Republic Tracks HD.....Please

I've got more products in the queue but nothing from Sol.

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #3,180 of 4,593
Joker, have you ever heard the new Philips CitiScape Downtown?
If so, what're your impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back