Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Apr 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #1,921 of 4,593
beyer dt1350?  
smile.gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #1,923 of 4,593
I think he means the DTX 300 p since it's in his profile. We should ask someone to loan an Edition 8 for audition. With the Miracle in the other thread, I feel the scores start to be way too out of sync.

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #1,925 of 4,593
say joker!
at the review you mention that the db logic are at $40, where can i get them. cant find them anywhere. only the iem's
btw. i also want to get the spl-adapter and maybe the meter

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #1,926 of 4,593
say joker!
at the review you mention that the db logic are at $40, where can i get them. cant find them anywhere. only the iem's
btw. i also want to get the spl-adapter and maybe the meter

I don't know if the HP-100 has been released in retail stores - I'd check the press releases on dB Logic's site or shoot them an email. The meter is something I wouldn't mind having around myself.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #1,927 of 4,593
Hi sir! Great post. Big help to everyone. :) I got a question though. I am just starting this hobby and planning to buy a portable headphone. My initial choices was the m50, ES7, WS70/50, and the HD25-1. I crossed out the Audio Technicas after auditioning them from other audiophiles. I crossed out the m50, although it had a nice bass, it was too big for my daily commute plus I did not like the coiled cables(the one with straight cables was too long), and the ES7, although it sounds great, i found it hot after just a few minutes and the fit was not great (AFAIK, the metal parts were already adjusted by the owner). I had not auditioned the WS70/50 but there's a review here that it sounds bad(70) and no info on the 50(care to review both of them? :D). So I had my eyes on the HD25-1. However, due to unexpected expenses, I was forced to give up half of my funds. I was thinking of buying the zx700. I use a 4th gen iPod Touch and listen mostly to AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Incubus, and a little of classical, pop, and RNB here and there. Will it be a good choice for it? Are there other ones you recommend? It's kinda hard to choose here in the Philippines as choices are limited and usually overpriced. Online is the only way to go. Thank you sir and more power! :)

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #1,929 of 4,593
Hi sir! Great post. Big help to everyone. :) I got a question though. I am just starting this hobby and planning to buy a portable headphone. My initial choices was the m50, ES7, WS70/50, and the HD25-1. I crossed out the Audio Technicas after auditioning them from other audiophiles. I crossed out the m50, although it had a nice bass, it was too big for my daily commute plus I did not like the coiled cables(the one with straight cables was too long), and the ES7, although it sounds great, i found it hot after just a few minutes and the fit was not great (AFAIK, the metal parts were already adjusted by the owner). I had not auditioned the WS70/50 but there's a review here that it sounds bad(70) and no info on the 50(care to review both of them? :D). So I had my eyes on the HD25-1. However, due to unexpected expenses, I was forced to give up half of my funds. I was thinking of buying the zx700. I use a 4th gen iPod Touch and listen mostly to AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Incubus, and a little of classical, pop, and RNB here and there. Will it be a good choice for it? Are there other ones you recommend? It's kinda hard to choose here in the Philippines as choices are limited and usually overpriced. Online is the only way to go. Thank you sir and more power! :)

The ZX700 is very large - bigger even than the ATH-M50 (though the cord is far more manageable). Don't know what pricing is like or if they're even available but the Phiaton MS300 or AKG Q460 may be worth looking at.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,930 of 4,593

Quote:
So i decided something had to be done with the V6 cord

the worst part was mount the jack, i had to remove a small part of plastic because the jack connector wont reach the outerside to screw on, i peeled a bit of the aluminium cup but thanks to sharpie its hard to nitice. Im quite happy with the results and its sure more portable now 
biggrin.gif

Brilliant, I've been thinking about a similar solution for some time. I don't think I saw this mod on V6 before… Any chance you have pics from the operation?

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #1,931 of 4,593
@ joker Thanks sir! Anything else sir from the around $100 to $120? I am probably getting the headphones from amazon through one of my friends in the US. I prefer it closed BTW. Thanks again. :D

Apr 26, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #1,932 of 4,593

Quote:

Brilliant, I've been thinking about a similar solution for some time. I don't think I saw this mod on V6 before… Any chance you have pics from the operation?

no i dont, but it was fairly simple. even for a guy with not skills like me.
the hardest part was that the jack i chose had a very short extension and i had to sanpaper the plastic part of the cup.

good luck.

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,934 of 4,593
Hmm...

I may just have to go buy a pair of ZX700... Running at only 20% of the cost of the Z1000s I got yesterday, would be interesting to hear how the sound compared to their bigger brothers...

This is a dangerous game we play here... To my ears the Z1000 makes the Senn HD25 sound grainy, with bloated bass, harsh treble, and non existent mids... And, this from someone who has worshipped the HD25s - until yesterday anyway lol...

The P5 is laughably bad in comparison, and the T50p... Not on the same page even...

Go on ljokerl... You know you want to demo the Sony flagships!! :wink:

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #1,935 of 4,593

Quote:
Go on ljokerl... You know you want to demo the Sony flagships!! 
wink.gif

I think I admitted as much in the conclusion of the ZX700 review 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back