Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Apr 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #1,907 of 4,593

Quote:
BTW, how does the bass compare on the two?

HD25 is quicker and more impactful than it is rumbly. The MS400 is a bit slower and more powerful.

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #1,910 of 4,593
Added Sennheiser PX90 and PX100-II

Quote:
He's already implied he will, I believe. Give him some time. The man reviews... a lot of headphones.

I can confirm that this is true 
redface.gif

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #1,911 of 4,593
Your impressions of the PX100-ii pretty much match my own. I could barely hear any difference between the two; slight enough for me to think it's placebo. I only upgraded because I missed the PX100 after gifting it away and couldn't find any originals left for sale (or rather, finding the originals up in Canada winds up being more expensive than the newer ones).

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #1,912 of 4,593
Nice to read new impressions Joker, I didnt knew about the PX90, looks nice tho. but for what you described it, the Meelec HT21 sounds like a better option, IMO.

The PX100-II reminds me of the time i tried to buy one at newegg with a promo code, it was 30$ IIRC...
but then they emailed me that it was only for US citizens... *sigh*

and I was plannng to paint them like Armaegis did 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,913 of 4,593
Your impressions of the PX100-ii pretty much match my own.

Yes, too bad Sennheiser chose to push the PX100-II into a higher price tier.

Nice to read new impressions Joker, I didnt knew about the PX90, looks nice tho. but for what you described it, the Meelec HT21 sounds like a better option, IMO.

The PX100-II reminds me of the time i tried to buy one at newegg with a promo code, it was 30$ IIRC...

rolleyes.gif

PX90 and HT-21 are different beasts entirely. PX90 is soft, laid-back, smooth, a little less detailed. HT-21 is loud and aggressive. There's merit in both and if given a very powerful DAP and no outside noise I'd be tempted to choose the Sennheisers but the HT-21 is still my favorite closed ultraportable in that price range.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #1,914 of 4,593

Quote:
Yes, too bad Sennheiser chose to push the PX100-II into a higher price tier.

If they could have kept it at the $50 price point, it would be a fantastic deal and I would heartily recommend it above others in the bracket. As you mentioned though, it's currently sitting in a more expensive/competitive bracket. Plus they took away that really handy hard case. I actually picked up a sunglasses case from the dollar store which fits it just right except for being a smidge too thick. It really would not have been a big expense for them to include some sort of case; anything better than a cheap feeling bag that does nothing to protect them.

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Ah, but do you have a girl to give the hypothetical painted headphones to?
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #1,916 of 4,593
Well I earned major brownie points with my girl for giving her a hand painted gift, so that's something to consider...

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #1,917 of 4,593
My new px200-ii's didn't arrived today and had no case. I was  hoping they still had them. I'll browse cheap shops to find a fitting case, but im looking forward to being on my bus to work in the morning with them on and not having to listen to others chattering, though my bus today was eerily silent

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,919 of 4,593
edit.. wrong thread.
- - - - - -
I definitely hear a bit more mid-bass. To my bass-hater ears, these are basshead level & a guilty pleasure. But the clarity of the mids seem a bit improved. Anyway, sound quality is not the reason I love these. I find them to have supreme long-term wearing comfort, and I could easily wear them all day at work. Being open is another plus, because I won't miss the footsteps of a co-worker walking by and catching me posting on a forum instead of er... working. If I could describe these in one word it would be effortless.

Quote:
Your impressions of the PX100-ii pretty much match my own. I could barely hear any difference between the two; slight enough for me to think it's placebo. I only upgraded because I missed the PX100 after gifting it away and couldn't find any originals left for sale (or rather, finding the originals up in Canada winds up being more expensive than the newer ones).

I use a cheap psp/ds case. A hard pencil case would also work. Man... I miss that cheapo plastic case with it's stupidly simple yet brilliant built-in cord management.

Quote:
My new px200-ii's didn't arrived today and had no case. I was  hoping they still had them. I'll browse cheap shops to find a fitting case, but im looking forward to being on my bus to work in the morning with them on and not having to listen to others chattering, though my bus today was eerily silent

The px100-II were $52 shipped to California from electronics expo with various 40% off coupons, but none of my old coupons seem to work now =(. OB models turn up every once in a while for around $35-$40 dollars.

Quote:

If they could have kept it at the $50 price point, it would be a fantastic deal and I would heartily recommend it above others in the bracket. As you mentioned though, it's currently sitting in a more expensive/competitive bracket. Plus they took away that really handy hard case. I actually picked up a sunglasses case from the dollar store which fits it just right except for being a smidge too thick. It really would not have been a big expense for them to include some sort of case; anything better than a cheap feeling bag that does nothing to protect them.

Ah, but do you have a girl to give the hypothetical painted headphones to?
cool.gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #1,920 of 4,593
Any chance of getting the Beyerdynamic t50p and AIAIAI TMA-1 added to this compilation?

No such plans at the moment although I do have one Beyer headphone I'm planning to add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back