Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Dec 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #4,142 of 4,593
go_quote.gif

Panasonic HTF600s, only $22!

Yay for Black Friday!

4.5 stars, 296 reviews, 25$...... what is exactly is this beast ?

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #4,143 of 4,593
$35 now, though.

Joker has a review of them on the first page.  They are the best phones around $30 IMO.

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #4,144 of 4,593
Yeah, at that price the Panasonics are near unbeatable.  Strong, good quality bass and a pretty decent soundstage, likely due(in part) them being semi-open headphones.  Clarity is solid too.  The only downside is the treble is a bit grainy and not that refined...plus they are almost purely for use at home with their lengthy cable and leaking a fair bit of sound.  Very comfortable though with almost no clamp, I found them a pretty good match for relaxing and watching movies.

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #4,145 of 4,593
  Yeah, at that price the Panasonics are near unbeatable.  Strong, good quality bass and a pretty decent soundstage, likely due(in part) them being semi-open headphones.  Clarity is solid too.  The only downside is the treble is a bit grainy and not that refined...plus they are almost purely for use at home with their lengthy cable and leaking a fair bit of sound.  Very comfortable though with almost no clamp, I found them a pretty good match for relaxing and watching movies.

+1

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #4,146 of 4,593
To the OP:
I truly commend you for your ability to convey something abstract in words.  I own a few KSC75's, the Bose Triport, and just picked up a set of ATH-M50's.  I agree with your reviews of these for the most part but believe you were being way too generous with the Triports.  If someone didn't give them to me for free, I would be horribly disappointed.  The mid is so muddy and sounds are so inaccurate I can't listen to them for too long.  The KSC75's are far superior in all respects except the very lowest bass.

However, your review of the ATH-M50's is absolutely spot on!!  From the sparkle of the highs to the rumbles and accuracy of the lows and murky mid lows without an amp.  I listened to these things for 5min and got lost for another 45min.  Absolutely phenomenal!  One point though, I don't think an amp is needed with these.  I only hear moderate gains on my friends basic amp (don't remember what it was) but I also don't know the quality of the amp...

Thanks, great work!

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #4,147 of 4,593
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #4,149 of 4,593
  @ljokerl 

Could you review the Logitech UE 6000's. I picked up a pair for $11 yesterday and I'm excited to receive them but your opinion on them would be awesome.

Was that from the ridiculous rebate sale? Those are a steal.
For under $100, they are the best bang for your buck. At $11...

I love mine. They are comfortable, slim, and they do well with noise isolating. 
[These are my first headphones]

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #4,151 of 4,593
This is an absolutely insane deal.

The NVX Audio XPT100 is a re-branded Fischer Audio FA-003.  They are ~$200 headphones that stand toe-to-toe with the Sennheiser HD 25 1's and blow ATH-M50s out of the water...but are on sale for $80.  And look at all of those accessories...

I picked up a pair yesterday.  Not a chance in hell I was letting those get away.

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #4,152 of 4,593
This is an absolutely insane deal.

The NVX Audio XPT100 is a re-branded Fischer Audio FA-003.  They are ~$200 headphones that stand toe-to-toe with the Sennheiser HD 25 1's and blow ATH-M50s out of the water...but are on sale for $80.  And look at all of those accessories...

I picked up a pair yesterday.  Not a chance in hell I was letting those get away.

Can you do a review or impressions when you get them? For $10 more than the Jaycar and an extra cable and ear cups they look like a better alternative. I'm just worried about the headband and wondering if it can take some abuse.

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #4,153 of 4,593
Can you do a review or impressions when you get them? For $10 more than the Jaycar and an extra cable and ear cups they look like a better alternative. I'm just worried about the headband and wondering if it can take some abuse.

I will indeed.  From what I have read, they are VERY durable, and can take falls on the headband without damage.  It looks like the Jaycar is yet another re-brand of the FA-003. lol

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #4,154 of 4,593
Dec 20, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #4,155 of 4,593
Hi joker,

Been on a bit of a spending spree lately. Sales time. So got the Philips l1, ue6000 and actually thinking of the q40.
Ue6000 is nice butroblems with it. So unsure if I want to keep it.
Got Philips l1 as replacement upgrade. Heard it in store and was real happy. But home they are quite disappointing. Bass is not so good. Not sure what's wrong with it.

So I was thinking of getting the q40. People on the q40 thread loves them. And your review seems quite positive. How good are the highs? To shelved. Does it extend and sparkle enough? Are the bass really that good? How good are they compared with newer headphones. Or how does it compare with headphones that I just bought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back