Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Jan 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #3,827 of 4,593
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I didn't have time to swing by today but I'm totally picking a pair up tomorrow if they have them here. I wanted to try a pair for comparison's purpose at some point anyway, tho I'll probably turn it into a gift later.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #3,828 of 4,593
Quote:
Looking forward to your next review, ljokerl! With so many new closed portables out there, I think this is the single thread i'm looking forward to seeing updated the most! 

(Besides, trying them out myself is expensive. I like it much more when you do it for us! :)

If only there were 36 hours to a day! There's so many new phones I wouldn't mind hearing. 

Quote:
yeah they've been 110ish for a while. It looks like they've stabilized between 80-120 bucks for about 3 months now.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/product/B003BYRGKY

Ok, will add it to the list of things to change with the next update. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #3,829 of 4,593
Quote:
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I didn't have time to swing by today but I'm totally picking a pair up tomorrow if they have them here. I wanted to try a pair for comparison's purpose at some point anyway, tho I'll probably turn it into a gift later.

If they don't have them at yours let me know, and I could probably get them and ship them to you.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #3,830 of 4,593
Hi ,
I read your blog on the headphone lists and based on that i recently bought an Audio technica ath m50.The headphone is really great.Amazing music experience but i have a problem with its style. It applies a pressure around my ear and feel little heavy. Can u give me a suggestion to rectify this problem if not suggest an equivalent headphone with 150 bugs(wired/wireless) that has lighter weight???

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #3,831 of 4,593
Quote:
Hi ,
I read your blog on the headphone lists and based on that i recently bought an Audio technica ath m50.The headphone is really great.Amazing music experience but i have a problem with its style. It applies a pressure around my ear and feel little heavy. Can u give me a suggestion to rectify this problem if not suggest an equivalent headphone with 150 bugs(wired/wireless) that has lighter weight???

The CAL! is cheaper and lighter and sounds spectacular!

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #3,832 of 4,593
If they don't have them at yours let me know, and I could probably get them and ship them to you.

I might take you up on that, gonna check another nearby Marshall tomorrow first tho. The closest one to me just had a couple Uptowns, good discount on those too ($50, as opposed to $100 on Amazon), not really what I was looking for tho (and they only had them in brown/white).

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #3,833 of 4,593
Jan 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3,835 of 4,593
Quote:
Quote:

I might take you up on that, gonna check another nearby Marshall tomorrow first tho. The closest one to me just had a couple Uptowns, good discount on those too ($50, as opposed to $100 on Amazon), not really what I was looking for tho (and they only had them in brown/white).

PM me if you want. The Downtowns are brown at the Marshall's near me. They also have a bunch of Metros for $20. I can provide receipts if necessary to prove that I will make $0 on this.

They also tend to have the SHE3580 for ~$5.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3,836 of 4,593
Quote:
Thank u!!! I also heard the Bose oe2...are they similar to CAL!???

The Bose are reviewed in the first post, I think. Maybe not the OE2, but a Bose model. By all accounts, the Bose will isolate better, but sound worse. The CAL! will sound better, but isolate worse. For what it's worth, I just sent my girlfriend's CAL!s in for warranty service, and they were also very pleasant and helpful.

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #3,837 of 4,593
Quote:
The Bose are reviewed in the first post, I think. Maybe not the OE2, but a Bose model. By all accounts, the Bose will isolate better, but sound worse. The CAL! will sound better, but isolate worse. For what it's worth, I just sent my girlfriend's CAL!s in for warranty service, and they were also very pleasant and helpful.

Right, I reviewed the original OE.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3,838 of 4,593
PM me if you want. The Downtowns are brown at the Marshall's near me. They also have a bunch of Metros for $20. I can provide receipts if necessary to prove that I will make $0 on this.

Thanks man, I ended up finding them at a second Marshall's I went to today (got in right before closing), I appreciate the offer tho. Will probably post a comparison against the Koss DJ100 and the M-80 later. :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #3,839 of 4,593
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man, I ended up finding them at a second Marshall's I went to today (got in right before closing), I appreciate the offer tho. Will probably post a comparison against the Koss DJ100 and the M-80 later.
biggrin.gif

Please do! The price is so great, I'm sort of tempted, though I really don't need them. They look so comfy, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back