Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Dec 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3,781 of 4,593
Dec 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #3,782 of 4,593
ljokerl, have you tried UE6k?
I looks odd, but sounds cool.

Quote:
How do you eat a tiesto?

With frikandel and fritessaus.  Probably downed with Heineken, I suppose.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #3,784 of 4,593
Quote:
ljokerl, have you tried UE6k?
I looks odd, but sounds cool.

No, not yet. Tyll @ InnerFidelity seems to like them so maybe I'll give them a try down the line. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #3,786 of 4,593
just posting to say this thread is awesome. haven't decided on what I'm getting yet since I abuse my iems (toss em in my back pack and wear em for working out only). thanks for making so many reviews in a format that makes sense to me.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #3,787 of 4,593
Quote:
can you do the aviator ? please .

I decided not to do the Aviator after comparing it to my Mix Master. It didn't have the clarity, detail, or bass control of the Mix Master and was pretty lackluster overall. 

Quote:
just posting to say this thread is awesome. haven't decided on what I'm getting yet since I abuse my iems (toss em in my back pack and wear em for working out only). thanks for making so many reviews in a format that makes sense to me.

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3,788 of 4,593
Quote:

I decided not to do the Aviator after comparing it to my Mix Master. It didn't have the clarity, detail, or bass control of the Mix Master and was pretty lackluster overall. 

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

how is aviator against zx700 , is the aviator worth the price tag of $150 ?

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #3,789 of 4,593
Quote:
No, not yet. Tyll @ InnerFidelity seems to like them so maybe I'll give them a try down the line. 

The only thing that I didn't like was the very laid-back soundstage all throughout.
But then dat treble: quite clear yet without any serious emphasis or fatiguing peaks, all with a pillow-soft feel, not even any harshness.  I only had my T50p on hand to compare, and I think the UE6k was a bit more detailed, not sure.
Tight, clear bass, and clear, seemingly balanced mids.  I definitely have got to give it another listen later.

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #3,790 of 4,593
Quote:
       how is aviator against zx700 , is the aviator worth the price tag of $150 ?

Didn't have a ZX700 to compare. 

As for the price, I think the Mix Master would be right at home at $150. Aviator would probably have to be cheaper for me.

Quote:

The only thing that I didn't like was the very laid-back soundstage all throughout.
But then dat treble: quite clear yet without any serious emphasis or fatiguing peaks, all with a pillow-soft feel, not even any harshness.  I only had my T50p on hand to compare, and I think the UE6k was a bit more detailed, not sure.
Tight, clear bass, and clear, seemingly balanced mids.  I definitely have got to give it another listen later.

Sounds like UE/Logitech did a good job. The UE900 is tuned pretty well so I'm not surprised the 6k is worth trying. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #3,791 of 4,593
Hi !

Your post was the best thing ever happened to me before buying a headphone, So THANK YOU very much! It's such a comprehensive post and detailed and categorized and organized... ah just too perfect for any beginner or person who wants to wisely spend on value worthy headphones.

since a lot of headphones that you mentioned were out of stock, esp the Baby Denon's and Sony Piiq.
Son
I wanted your opinion. 
What would be the perfect fit for: 
  1. Good sound quality (I listen to Bass, Alternative, Blues, R&B, Hip Hope, House, Progressive though i am not a Audiophile at all) 
  2. I have pre owned: Skullcandy Skullcrushers, Skull candy basic in ears, apple earphones.
  3. Budget is $10 - $40
  4. Source: Apple iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, laptops
  5. I need tangle free cables
  6. On the go types, Foldable, Portable.
  7. A decent Brand name for decent quality check 
  8. Comfort - Decent enough for 1 hour listening everyday
  9. Quality should be decent so that it lasts at least 2- 3 years
  10. Shouldn't look bulgy and awkward - good looks matter a little.

I know you must be a very busy audiophile, but being from india I don't know anyone here.
I am really dying to hear your opinion, but please don't misunderstand me a desperate spammer.

I looked at these, what do you think? :
Sony DJ Style Headphones (Model number: MDR-V55/WHI)
Link:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666422741 

Please please please do reply !

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #3,792 of 4,593
I've never tried the V55. If tangle-free cables are a must the Sony MDR-PQ2 could be an option. It doesn't fold but it's pretty portable. Otherwise I would go with a Sennheiser PX90 or Koss Portapro (if within price range). 

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #3,793 of 4,593
V55 (which should more or less be equal to V700 in sound, if Sony didn't improve upon it a bit) should be pretty close to ESW9 in sound, but much bassier and less wooly.  Smashing good deal for $40, I think, just be careful with the hinges as they appear to be the same design as the V700's, which are somewhat wimpy.  V55 won't look bulgy or awkward, but I think that it has too much white.  It's worth a try, in any event.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #3,794 of 4,593
Quote:
V55 (which should more or less be equal to V700 in sound, if Sony didn't improve upon it a bit) should be pretty close to ESW9 in sound, but much bassier and less wooly.  Smashing good deal for $40, I think, just be careful with the hinges as they appear to be the same design as the V700's, which are somewhat wimpy.  V55 won't look bulgy or awkward, but I think that it has too much white.  It's worth a try, in any event.

They're suppose to sound a fair bit better than the ZX600, which sound pretty good already given the price range. If the 55's indeed sound better, they're a big bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back