Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 29, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #1,996 of 5,854
Quote:
am not atacking u dear friend...i am just saying whats around..so u made another person very happy huh with that he500? but now u got me curious
biggrin.gif
..what is in ur opinion the thing that made u keep the paradox and sell the he500..and what amp ur using?

I listened to HE-500 and Paradox on schiit stack (bifrost+asgard) and on Anedio D2 (my current DAC+Amp). For me Paradox is just more fun to listen, more engaging headphones, and I'd prefer its treble to HE-500's any day. I wanted to keep both headphones, but didn't find any aspect or genre of music where HE-500 outperforms Paradox.

P.S. Yeah, the person to whom I sold my HE-500 is quite happy with it 
smile.gif
 So was I until I tried Paradox 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #1,997 of 5,854
Quote:

There is some newer version with silver-coloured *something* (cannot remember what was it, maybe the driver?)... I have heard there is a difference in terms of sound but do not know anything else.

The newer silver covered driver was introduced about about 6 year ago, most people have the silver version. They aren't as dark sounding as the earlier black driver version.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #1,998 of 5,854
To get your LCD3 rig, you'll only have to sell both your kidneys and your E17, ipod, htc phone, sony laptop, 
Matrix M-Stage, he400s, and ie80s! LOL I'm aslo saving up for an lcd3 rig and I have to sell just about all my possessions, my laptop, speakers, ps3, etc. It's worth it though, heard them out of the schiit stack a few weeks ago, and it blows your he400s out of the water hehehe 
biggrin.gif

For selling your PS3, your opinion has been diminished by 368%

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #2,000 of 5,854
Quote:
To get your LCD3 rig, you'll only have to sell both your kidneys and your E17, ipod, htc phone, sony laptop, Matrix M-Stage, he400s, and ie80s! LOL I'm aslo saving up for an lcd3 rig and I have to sell just about all my possessions, my laptop, speakers, ps3, etc. It's worth it though, heard them out of the schiit stack a few weeks ago, and it blows your he400s out of the water hehehe 
biggrin.gif

Well I don't own my E17 or IE80 any more, but maybe selling my kidneys could produce enough funds! I'll get right on that, who needs their kidneys anyway? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2,001 of 5,854
Quote:
I listened to HE-500 and Paradox on schiit stack (bifrost+asgard) and on Anedio D2 (my current DAC+Amp). For me Paradox is just more fun to listen, more engaging headphones, and I'd prefer its treble to HE-500's any day. I wanted to keep both headphones, but didn't find any aspect or genre of music where HE-500 outperforms Paradox.

P.S. Yeah, the person to whom I sold my HE-500 is quite happy with it 
smile.gif
 So was I until I tried Paradox 
smile_phones.gif

As flat as the Paradox is - and it's more fun to listen to?
confused_face_2.gif
  Yes, everyone has their own opinion is correct.  Here's mine.  I found the Mad Dogs and the BMF a much more fun headphone to.  listen to. I found the Paradox to be a true to the source type of headphone which in turn for me is not engaging nor seductive at all.  The He-500s are much more engaging much more seductive and much more fun to listen to than the Paradox.  IMO of course.  

By the way I sold the Paradox and the Mad Dogs  - I still have the HE500s though.

Don't get me wrong.  I like the Paradox a lot.  I plan on getting another pair - this time the top of the line one.  However, still when I get it.  I'm not expecting it to be fun.  I want it for monitoring reasons.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,003 of 5,854
Quote:

As flat as the Paradox is - and it's more fun to listen to?
confused_face_2.gif
  Yes, everyone has their own opinion is correct.  Here's mine.  I found the Mad Dogs and the BMF a much more fun headphone to.  listen to. I found the Paradox to be a true to the source type of headphone which in turn for me is not engaging nor seductive at all.  The He-500s are much more engaging much more seductive and much more fun to listen to than the Paradox.  IMO of course.  

By the way I sold the Paradox and the Mad Dogs  - I still have the HE500s though.

Don't get me wrong.  I like the Paradox a lot.  I plan on getting another pair - this time the top of the line one.  However, still when I get it.  I'm not expecting it to be fun.  I want it for monitoring reasons.

Yeah, of course it's all about IMO 
smile.gif
 For me HE-500 is boring compared to Paradox 
basshead.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #2,004 of 5,854
Quote:
Yeah, of course it's all about IMO 
smile.gif
 For me HE-500 is boring compared to Paradox 
basshead.gif

Well - the creator of the Paradox said himself - And I quote:

"I can't stress it enough...the Paradox really doesn't sound like anything"  
blink.gif

lol..  That's pretty boring to me
biggrin.gif

The HD500s on the other hand does sound like something and adds a little fun to the sound - Again IMO
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,005 of 5,854
Well - the creator of the Paradox said himself - And I quote:

"I can't stress it enough...the Paradox really doesn't sound like anything"  :blink:

lol..  That's pretty boring to me:D

The HD500s on the other hand does sound like something and adds a little fun to the sound - Again IMO:D

Imho i think he sold his he500 as he didnt pair his pair with the amp maybe? The asgard for sure is not enough..u need at least the lyr to make the he500 shine a bit..the he500 needs power..not asmuch as the he5le or he6.. But still.and the fostxex t50r is much easier to drive! .if u dont give the he500 enoigh quality power its not on his best..and i agree..the paradox is very neutral..not romantic sounding.so a bit lifeless..but..its of course IMHO..and this discusion is already on another thread.. :D both are good phones in their own right..but i think to listen an relax..the he500 is the one to go for ..right preproman? :wink:

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,006 of 5,854
Yeah, of course it's all about IMO :smile:  For me HE-500 is boring compared to Paradox :basshead:

Ur the first one calling the he500 boring... :xf_eek:. As i said..maybe not the right amps? Imho

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #2,007 of 5,854
Quote:

Ur the first one calling the he500 boring...
redface.gif
. As i said..maybe not the right amps? Imho

Just the first on head-fi 
wink_face.gif
 Amps? D2's internal amp is said to be enough for HD800 and LCD-2, so that's not the case. That's just my preference, I'm not an expert to give some rankings... Yes, HE-500 are better when you need to listen to something as background - but that's not what I like - I need to be fully immersed to music and that's what I got with Paradox.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #2,008 of 5,854
Quote:

Even though I haven't heard HE-500, those simply cannot be boring... I would rather call them consistent across the frequency spectrum, at least from what I've seen in the graphs (unfortunately not heard them yet).

Preproman, what's your opinion on T50RP (mods)? From my experience, their rather primitive ortho driver is not able to deliver real high-fidelity experience, regardless what you do with them...

To be fair.  The modders really did an excellent job with their respective mods.  They turned a below average headphone (IMO) into something to be reckoned with.  the build quality is something the modders have no control over.  They pretty much have to go with what the T50RP is.  However, they much improved to sound way above what it is as a stock headphone.

For me.  I just like the HEs, LCDs, HDs better.  

For the money at $300 the Mad Dogs are a no brainier.  The Paradox can clime up there in price - to like $730.  

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #2,009 of 5,854
Quote:

As much as I want LCD-3 and like joking, I don't think it's worth it to sell everything else (including kidneys :-D )... Common, those are just another pair of headphones. And even more, you have already excellent LCD-2 with their newest revision available for half the price of LCD-3 so why don't you consider those (if you do not have them yet)? Read Tyll's comparison between the newest LCD-3 and newest LCD-2.
smily_headphones1.gif

I know that LCD-3 is better but it's rather a perfection of LCD-2 than whole new experience (their FR are extremely similar)... And in my opinion, your enjoyment of music and sound in general is much more important than hearing something a bit more perfectly. I would get something that suites your tastes with its sound signature and be content until you have large amount of money to spend on perfectioning your setup. LCD-2 are pretty much the way in my view here.

I think the HE-6 could go well... Its always good to have 2headphones that are atleast slightlydifferent and not having two almost identical ones :- IMO

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,010 of 5,854
Quote:

I haven't heard HE-6 but I would say that those are fairly different from both LCD-2/LCD-3, in both sound and amp demands... Maybe preproman would say more.

I would rather recommend HE-500 to anyone wanting something similar to Audeze's sound... And then to try HE-6 if Hifimans become preferable.

I agree 100%

Although I'm not sure the HE-500s come close to what the LCDs sound like.  The Audeze house sound and the HiFiman house sounds are pretty different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back