Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,011 of 5,854
Quote:

I haven't heard HE-6 but I would say that those are fairly different from both LCD-2/LCD-3, in both sound and amp demands... Maybe preproman would say more.

I would rather recommend HE-500 to anyone wanting something similar to Audeze's sound... And then to try HE-6 if Hifimans become preferable.

Agree with you there :) That is a more reasonable solution :D

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,013 of 5,854
Have sold HE500 because in comparison to LCD2,they are not engaging at all(both balanced on a Phoenix amp).....just tooo nice!
Have had modded Fostex and they are quite lively and interesting but one can hear that they are lacking in terms of resolution.....but good buy for the money!
On a sidenote,right now I am enjoying my Grado HF2.....they have a superb and airy imaging and a good bass....no harsh treble here!

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,014 of 5,854
I was really hoping to love the hifimans and to save money by getting either he-500s, or he-6s, but I just flat out hated both of them, just couldn't stand the treble, they sounded way too different from the lcd3s, maybe I'll give em a chance again at the next meet but for now, the lcd3s are far more enjoyable to me. Oh well.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #2,015 of 5,854
Quote:
I was really hoping to love the hifimans and to save money by getting either he-500s, or he-6s, but I just flat out hated both of them, just couldn't stand the treble, they sounded way too different from the lcd3s, maybe I'll give em a chance again at the next meet but for now, the lcd3s are far more enjoyable to me. Oh well.

Oh well, I love the highs and treble they do :D I dont find anything wrong with it... Extended, crisp and natural IMO...
Oh well. Each his own :) I hope you enjoy the LCD-3 as I do the HE-6 :D

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #2,016 of 5,854
Dec 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2,017 of 5,854

I dont know what people are talking about that extra tremble on the he500...on my 337 it sounds velvetly..not at all tremble heavy..its completely in balance! As i said before..a good and strong tube amp will do wonders with the he500. Maybe a less stronger or a ss amp will give the he500 that tremble people are talking about..as on my 337 it sounds completely in balance. :D

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #2,018 of 5,854
Quote:
I dont know what people are talking about that extra tremble on the he500...on my 337 it sounds velvetly..not at all tremble heavy..its completely in balance! As i said before..a good and strong tube amp will do wonders with the he500. Maybe a less stronger or a ss amp will give the he500 that tremble people are talking about..as on my 337 it sounds completely in balance.
biggrin.gif

TREBLE =/= TREMBLE :D
Man! Please dont use "tremble" instead of "treble" anymore :D
Tremble is actually prduced by deep bass impact :) It might be slightly confusing for some if you substitue it :)

I emanI dont mind cause I know what you re trying to say but for others sake :)

Cheers mate :D Luke

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #2,019 of 5,854
HE500 sounds great on a Rudistor  amp (bass is solid and deep, highs just right, resolution very good, spaciousness excellent, subjectively extremely musically satisfying).
Leaves me trembling :) ...

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2,020 of 5,854
Quote:
HE500 sounds great on a Rudistor  amp (bass is solid and deep, highs just right, resolution very good, spaciousness excellent, subjectively extremely musically satisfying).
Leaves me trembling :) ...

id be curious to hear a lot of my phones with Rudistor's line.

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2,021 of 5,854
Quote:
Have sold HE500 because in comparison to LCD2,they are not engaging at all(both balanced on a Phoenix amp).....just tooo nice!

Thanks, but I was hoping for a more specific impression. I had LCD-2 (Rev 1) and currently have HE-500 but, like you, can't seem to get on with it; it seems somewhat cold and sterile. I'm still trying to figure if I need a super-duper amp or if the Hifiman sound just doesn't suit me. Currently I find myself reaching for the DT880Pro far more often than the HE-500.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #2,023 of 5,854
Quote:

Thanks, but I was hoping for a more specific impression. I had LCD-2 (Rev 1) and currently have HE-500 but, like you, can't seem to get on with it; it seems somewhat cold and sterile. I'm still trying to figure if I need a super-duper amp or if the Hifiman sound just doesn't suit me. Currently I find myself reaching for the DT880Pro far more often than the HE-500.

Try pleather pads instead of velours on the HE500s, maybe. IMO it spices up the sound quite a bit.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2,024 of 5,854
Quote:

Cold and sterile compared to the DT880s? 
blink.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #2,025 of 5,854
Quote:

TREBLE =/= TREMBLE :D
Man! Please dont use "tremble" instead of "treble" anymore :D
Tremble is actually prduced by deep bass impact :) It might be slightly confusing for some if you substitue it :)

I emanI dont mind cause I know what you re trying to say but for others sake :)

Cheers mate :D Luke

It's a good thing you caught this early, the last thing we need is for ''tremble'' to become the new ''scroe''
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back