Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 4, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #37,233 of 75,879
Not as bad as clapping on the wrong beat.

But what if you're into prog rock with weird time changes all over the place? (example 70's prog rock band Yezda Urfa who sounded a bit like like Yes on amphetamine):

Perhaps this song is a better example:

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #37,235 of 75,879
Try clapping your hands to the song The Basis of Dubenglazy While Dirk Does the Dance!

Found it on Youtube. I managed to listen for over a minute... no clapping...no toe tapping either... lol...

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #37,236 of 75,879
Found it on Youtube. I managed to listen for over a minute... no clapping...no toe tapping either... lol...

Then you missed the Harpo Marx car horn honk at 1:09? (Something @groucho69 might like). All good music needs some car horn honk.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #37,237 of 75,879
Then you missed the Harpo Marx car horn honk at 1:09? (Something @groucho69 might like). All good music needs some car horn honk.

Haha... I think I stopped at 1:07

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #37,238 of 75,879
Hi everyone - please forgive me if this exact question has been asked already....but I really am having a hard time following all of the different options out there on earbuds. I'm looking to pick a new set of earbuds and love the idea of grabbing some of these off-brand gems as they are such great bargains. Can anyone advise on a great set of relatively easily accessible earbuds that would sound ok straight out of an iPhone? I would like something warm and nicely balanced. Comfort is also important as my ears are sensitive/get sore when having larger earbuds in my ears for extended periods of time. Thank you all!

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #37,240 of 75,879
The topic is really about stereotypes: Asians can't dance... white folk got no rhythm...
My husband and I went to see The Lone Bellow last night. They are a great Americana band that always put on an incredible live show. They encourage the audience to clap out rhythm patters, sing along with refrains, etc........ at one point they initiated a clapping pattern where every fourth clap was on an off beat...... OMG...... nothing worse than seeing an audience of white people with an average age of 55+ trying to understand syncopation. :joy::pray::raised_back_of_hand::raised_hand::pray::wave::thinking:

Other than that, :wink: it was an excellent show, and they hung around after to meet the fans:
The Lone Bellow.jpg

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #37,241 of 75,879
But what if you're into prog rock with weird time changes all over the place? (example 70's prog rock band Yezda Urfa who sounded a bit like like Yes on amphetamine):

Perhaps this song is a better example:

Wow - they're great!

I was out all day, doing yardwork and dancing in my spastic way to Gentle Giant (the neighbors must have love it!).

But I think that these Yezda Urfa folk "out Gentle Giant" Gentle Giant lol!

Edit: Whoa - "The Basis of Dubenglazy While Dirk Does the Dance" is pretty nuts lol!

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #37,242 of 75,879
Hi everyone - please forgive me if this exact question has been asked already....but I really am having a hard time following all of the different options out there on earbuds. I'm looking to pick a new set of earbuds and love the idea of grabbing some of these off-brand gems as they are such great bargains. Can anyone advise on a great set of relatively easily accessible earbuds that would sound ok straight out of an iPhone? I would like something warm and nicely balanced. Comfort is also important as my ears are sensitive/get sore when having larger earbuds in my ears for extended periods of time. Thank you all!

For starters, specifying a budget would help.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #37,244 of 75,879
Thanks for the response. I’m hoping to stay under $50 - but would go to $75. These really will be my beaters that I take around (walking around, listening at work, occasional use at home). Thank you again!

Svara L (32 ohm) sound awesome, are well built, and have MMCX cable connectors (so you can get different cables if desired). The shells seem more comfortable than mx500 shells, so maybe they are a bit smaller. Also, you can wear them over ears which helps keep them in place.

11.11 sale price is $54:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...or-Earbud-Earphone-With-MMCX/32810127070.html

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #37,245 of 75,879
After chaiyuta's post, I'll personally wait before grabbing any Svara.

If you are looking for best bang for the buck earbuds for mobile under $50, I think most people here agree that RY4S is the current king. They are warm with foam / good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back