1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. HungryPanda
    Would that be EMX500S?

2. j4100
    Speaking of EMX500S, is there any particular one that is recommended? There are a few out there.

3. subwoof3r
    j4100 likes this.
  4. Willber
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. Willber
    DBaldock9, HungryPanda and groucho69 like this.
  6. Willber
    Duplicate post deleted.

7. groucho69
    Swing it brother!

Danneq likes this.
  8. Sgt. Ear Ache
    Just regarding the whole "Burn In Thing", I'm not necessarily a true believer really. However, I have a few sets of Monk + buds I got a couple months back. Right out of the package I enjoyed the SQ. I love the mid-rangey energy they have - great for punk/alt-rock/folk music. But then I got a set of the Panda PK2 buds, and found them to be a bit more open and airy so I sorta started using them mostly. I did leave the Monks plugged into my PS4 controller and used them for games and Netflix so they continued to get burn-in time but not for critical music listening. I'd say they probably have 25 hours on them at this point. Anyway, last week I felt like a change from the Pandas so I plugged the Monks (now having had maybe 20 or so extra burn in hours than the last time I listened to music through them) into my BTR1 and put some music on them. I'd swear, they sound considerably more airy and open than they did before I started using the Pandas. The veil seems to have lifted a fair bit. They really sound great actually! I've been using them almost exclusively for the past week and really enjoying them. So, there may actually be something to the whole burn-in idea...

KevDzn and j4100 like this.
  9. HungryPanda
  10. RodRevenge
    What makes me wonder if burn in actually exist is that almost never ends up in a negative result, the sound alwyas end up where the person wants it to end up (more mass, less peaks, more airy), placebos exist and can be quite powerful, also how are makers able to tell if a headphone meet or is going to meet the quality standard if burn in was real?

cathee, rkw and darmanastartes like this.
  11. Qualcheduno
  12. HungryPanda
  13. waynes world
    Before they broke, when I had the Graphenes (old $29) in my ears, they were the best buds under $50.

Now though, when I have the RY4S in my ears (or the Kube 1.0's) , they are the best buds under $50.

But when I have the Willsound MK2's in my ears, they are definitely the best buds under $50.

And when I have the Fengru diy PK1 2.5mm 150ohm's in my ears (aka Linsoul 150's), there is no doubt that they are the best buds under $50.

Hmm, I think that my ears are very subjective!

Having said that, all of the above buds are awesome imo.

14. Willber
    I know what you mean! There are a few that I currently rotate (the red ones in my sig) depending on mood and music, and each one seems to be 'the best' in some way while I'm listening to them even though they range from $4 (Sony) to $200 (AKG).

But my EB2 will definitely be The Best when they arrive. :wink:

15. Sgt. Ear Ache
    Yeah, that's true of course. Like I say, I'm not a true believer. But, I can definitely hear a difference between the Pandas and the Monks, and I remember finding the Pandas significantly more open sounding originally which was why I started listening primarily to them. But now, I really find the Monks competing nicely with the Pandas. The Monks still have more middy grunt, which I like, but the divide in the higher frequencies no longer seems as significant as it was originally..