Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 11, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #28,906 of 75,320
and my late Cayin N3

I am using my Cayin N3 right now. "late" ? did yours die? Not using buds at the moment (KSC75 with headband mod) but earlier I was using the N3 with the Qian 69. Someone said something this week about it having good bass. I agree. I had not really used them much before. They arrived along with about 5 other buds all at once a few months ago. Now, rather than buy anything else, I want to enjoy the ones I have. The Qian is comfortable for me as well as sounding good.

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #28,907 of 75,320
I am using my Cayin N3 right now. "late" ? did yours die? Not using buds at the moment (KSC75 with headband mod) but earlier I was using the N3 with the Qian 69. Someone said something this week about it having good bass. I agree. I had not really used them much before. They arrived along with about 5 other buds all at once a few months ago. Now, rather than buy anything else, I want to enjoy the ones I have. The Qian is comfortable for me as well as sounding good.

Nope, i sold it after i got the Radsone Earstudio ES100. for my need, between the ES100 and my Ipod Classic, having the N3 is redundant

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #28,908 of 75,320
Nope, i sold it after i got the Radsone Earstudio ES100. for my need, between the ES100 and my Ipod Classic, having the N3 is redundant
Ipod classic has bluetooth?

ahh nvm, you use it with your S7/tab.

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #28,909 of 75,320
Hard to believe that something would change from unlistenable to awesome. I do the burn in to maintain credibility in certain threads :) Just finished putting over 200 hours on my IT01 ibasso IEMs as demanded! No idea what if anything changed.

Lol to the bolded statement - good one! I generally think that some - but not all - stuff benefits from burn in. The Nighthawks, even though they sounded wonderful when I got them, went to a new level of awesomesauce after quite a few more hours.

You got the headband on the ksc75's, and I presume nothing got broken. Good work! Is the headband working as advertised for you?

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #28,910 of 75,320
You got the headband on the ksc75's, and I presume nothing got broken. Good work! Is the headband working as advertised for you?

I had help when my husband came home tonight after a long weekend of work. Still working on shaping the headband... shifts a bit. The clips feel more secure. Pros and cons. Always.

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #28,911 of 75,320
Ipod classic has bluetooth?

ahh nvm, you use it with your S7/tab.

Yes it has :laughing:
Screenshot_20180312-071623.jpg

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #28,912 of 75,320
Just listened to a song I haven't listened to for close to a year using my new gear..

The clarity and musicality of this song now compared to the last time I listened to it is just amazing :beyersmile:

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #28,913 of 75,320
Hard to believe that something would change from unlistenable to awesome. I do the burn in to maintain credibility in certain threads :) Just finished putting over 200 hours on my IT01 ibasso IEMs as demanded! No idea what if anything changed.
You are too funny. :L3000: I really like the other Cypherus buds I have (Black and CampFred2), so I'm optimistic. Fingers crossed!

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #28,915 of 75,320
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #28,916 of 75,320
I have the HifiBoy Dream since 2 days... not really sensitive; quite transparent, Its main focus are mid and treble. Very good treble, clear but not tiring. I'm a bit disappointed at first because the bass is here but very lean and on the back. will see on the long run with time and maybe burn in, but all my electronic music sounds too chill with this unfortunately. Theses earphones are VERY laid back. I think it's more relevant to compare them to the Asura 2.0/Blur than Zen/Samsara. female vocals are forwards and very clear. Upper treble has a peak that is a bit annoying...

EDIT: pass the 150hours burnin, sound changed considerably. The bass really opened up. Quite balanced now, the peaks are tamed even though there are still present. Its still very clear but on a warm end

EDIT: they sucks, tonality is wonky, metallic sounding and the cable becomes horribly stiff after a while.
The price on penon massively dropped from 90 to 40 usd and it's not without reason.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #28,917 of 75,320
Mar 12, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #28,918 of 75,320
Hey guys,

I've been extensively testing the Shozy Stardust versus the Shozy Cygnus. I noticed while browsing this thread at work and an old conversation caught my attention:

Drivers used in the Cygnus and Docomo/NiceHCK DIY PK2 look to be the same, for much lower cost. Now, I look a peek at the Stardust and Cygnus I have on hand and...behold they are the same driver. So my question is, if it's the same driver and YuinPK-styled housing, shouldn't they sound the same [they don't, to me]. I wonder if anyone else can share some info about these drivers used between all three of these earbuds.

i44wHoX.jpg

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #28,920 of 75,320
Hey guys,

I've been extensively testing the Shozy Stardust versus the Shozy Cygnus. I noticed while browsing this thread at work and an old conversation caught my attention:

Drivers used in the Cygnus and Docomo/NiceHCK DIY PK2 look to be the same, for much lower cost. Now, I look a peek at the Stardust and Cygnus I have on hand and...behold they are the same driver. So my question is, if it's the same driver and YuinPK-styled housing, shouldn't they sound the same [they don't, to me]. I wonder if anyone else can share some info about these drivers used between all three of these earbuds.

i44wHoX.jpg
They must have different internals because all three 100% sound different. Maybe the drivers look the same on the outside but have different material compositions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back