Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 7, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #39,841 of 75,375
I guess I lucked out when I got my Yincrow RW-9's for $15. They are regularly closer to $30. They are worth $30.

I see that they are still on sale at a few places. For example, $14.38 here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...arbud-Metal-Earphone-Headset/32869530104.html

What I am trying to enable all of you to do is to BUY THEM :smiling_imp:

@ClieOS, please don't post a nice picture in the Radsone thread of the RW-9's recabled with a nice 50cm 2.5mm cable. It'll kill me lol!

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #39,842 of 75,375
Feb 7, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #39,843 of 75,375
Feb 7, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #39,844 of 75,375
Difference btw yincrow and sl plus?

Here ya go:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2649#post-14759845

To be clear, I love them both. But the RW-9's have been captivating me lately.

Listened to these nifty tunes:

Both are great, but the Yincrow RW-9's bass takes the cake for me: more presence, more detailed, better textured. Also, the drums have more impact. I now cannot get Geddy Lee's bass lines out of my head thanks to you!

For just pure sub-bass I listened to James Blake's Limit to your love, and I think the RW-9's subbass is better as well.

Having said that, the Snow Lotus 1.0+ Commemorative are excellent. But the RW-9's are actually pretty darned special.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #39,846 of 75,375
I really didn't like the Zen L tbh, very odd tonality and a bit veiled sounding. But that's just me.

Infact I pretty don't think I liked any of the VE earbuds i the 'lite' shell. But I think the tuning on both the zen lite and monk lite is really not my taste. I preferred the monk plus and I'd probably prefer the 2.0 over the lights I would imagine.

I too do not enjoy the lite versions of the VE earbuds as well. If I have to choose and live with them, only the bundled Zen LL and Monk Lite 120ohms are good.

It's also odd for me to add that I also prefer then standard versions of the Zen and Asura over their Omega Editions.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #39,847 of 75,375
last time i purchase an audio gear from carousell Singapore, i rather fly there and meet the person for COD. waiting for shipment is unbearable, had to have it immediately :dt880smile:

Too bad I don't get to enjoy that kind of luxury... In fact the item was shipped 2 days ago, but tracking is still not reflected on Pos Indonesia... :sweat_smile:

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #39,848 of 75,375
I too do not enjoy the lite versions of the VE earbuds as well. If I have to choose and live with them, only the bundled Zen LL and Monk Lite 120ohms are good.

It's also odd for me to add that I also prefer then standard versions of the Zen and Asura over their Omega Editions.

Those 120's are quite good aren't they!

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #39,849 of 75,375
Those 120's are quite good aren't they!

Yes! Those are pretty good, especially when you got the cheaper "limited" versions with the white cable.

I supposed the more expensive SPC version should sound better? Since I like how standard Asura 2.0s sound with the same SPC cable.
Aside from the yellowing of the cables near the shells and stiffness that's less manageable.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #39,851 of 75,375
Feb 8, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #39,852 of 75,375
Yes! Those are pretty good, especially when you got the cheaper "limited" versions with the white cable.

Yes, that's the one that I have. They like a little juice, and they sound great off of a good amp.

Do you prefer them to the Sabia V6?

Asking me which I prefer is like asking which of my kids I love the most lol.

The Sabia V6's have a more V-shaped signature, and the bass is epic, and I love them for electronic music. The RW-9's are more U or W-shaped and more "balanced", and for rock or vocal oriented music where more presence in the mids is a benefit, the RW-9's sound amazing.

In summary, I love all of my kids :)

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #39,854 of 75,375
AAF87ADE-E015-42C7-8736-3FBD908A0DD9.jpeg

Ok I got these tianderenhe wooden buds home and let them burn in overnight, initial impressions were way tooo sibilant for me to listen to, after burn in its better but still not really for me.

I stuffed the ports at the back with a little bit of muji cotton, this definitely tamed the highs a bit but these things have like 0 bass to my ears. I also tried putting scotch tape over the port with cotton in and that sounded horrible, even thinner sound.

It doesn’t sound bad, but currently snares/vocals are very shouty and overall sound is kind of thin with the lack of bass. Tried stock DM6 cable and Fiio 2.5mm cable, settled with my lz copper 2.5mm but tbh they didn’t make much of a difference. Listened to them through my Jotunheim multibit and hiby r6 (**EDIT** sounds way better with some bass heavier sources FiiO q5 bass boosted + Allen heath xone 43 lows cranked up both amped with my jot but still meh for me). Test track was D’evils by SiR.

Hope that helps anyone who was also looking at these. And if anyone has any mods I could try without opening these (I’m sure they’re glued to hell) would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back