1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Willber
    EQ. :wink:

BadReligionPunk likes this.
  2. DBaldock9
    I've now got a pair of Sparkos SS3602 Dual Discrete Op-amps, and they're currently in my iBasso PB2 amp.
    Playing High Res tracks with JRiver MC24 on my PC (Toslink) -> FiiO Taishan D03K DAC -> PB2 (Balanced Out) -> VE Zen 2.0 ZOE really sounds amazing.

3. mbwilson111

The reason I picked the blue is because my Willsound is red with a red cable plus (kind of a similar look) I have a few other red buds but not much blue.

Only one red RW9 left the last time I looked... I think they will run this sale until they are gone because there are not many total remaining.

DBaldock9, HungryPanda and j4100 like this.
  4. Willber
    I AM RESISTING!

(Unless someone says that they have a better soundstage and separation than the SL 1.0/1.0+ and Kube v1.)

DBaldock9 likes this.
  5. waynes world
    Wow! Would those rw9's ever compliment your sl1.o+'s and kube v1's nicely! He he.

6. Willber
    Sorry, too vague! :wink:

7. mbwilson111
    Who will buy the last red one?

8. Sgt. Ear Ache
    ordered myself a set of red RW-9s earlier today...

mbwilson111 and waynes world like this.
  9. HungryPanda
    My HP760's kick their butt

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. waynes world
    Your powers or resistance are good! Sad for you!

Ha - getting into the fray! Have you heard the rw9's?

11. mbwilson111
    haha ... he will have to wait and hear mine whenever they get here, but the ones he makes do kick butt.

12. chinmie
    HungryPanda's "The Butt Kicker"

now that's a catchy name for an earbud :beyersmile:

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  13. waynes world
    Ok, Little Billy has gotten some more attention now. I forgot how much I like the kid! The RY4S sounds really great.

Like I said, I love all of my kids. But now I kinda want to also adopt HungryPanda's special "The Butt Kicker" kid :)

14. assassin10000
    Got my sub $2 Vido's on the 30th. Started burning in on the 31st and just pulled them off today. For the price, not bad.

20190131_005718.jpg

After 190-200ish hours I find it sounds like the bass/mid-bass/lower mids are too much or too 'warm' a signature for me. Highs are a bit rolled off, mids recessed but again it has plenty of bass. Nothing that EQ'ing can't fix.

I also spent a couple minutes 'fixing' the J-cable. Right bud came apart with ease, just had to snag the cover with my thumbnail.

20190208_162145.jpg

HungryPanda and Dabbaranks like this.
  15. Dabbaranks
    Lol thanks this opened a can of worms for me, I never know when to stop EQ’ing. But I mean I got it closer to listenable atleast, had to add a fake 10” inch sub to fill in the low end and dial the 6hz down atleast 3db.

Wish these didn’t look so good or I’d just give up on them now :floatsmile: