Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 9, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #39,889 of 75,220
I see that Rholupat has Willsound MK3 VJC for sale now. Ugh. I'm trying not to buy anymore buds, but I go all Pokemon about the Willsounds.......

Tempting...

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #39,890 of 75,220
https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/15b63bfb15592af7/index.html
did AT released a flagship Earbuds???
was this old news? have anyone tried it?
kIjbvygoy8YZOvw5.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #39,891 of 75,220
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #39,894 of 75,220
My daughter threw a pair of Monks that I sleep with on the floor and I stepped on them. Ruined one of the drivers...so I took the cable and recabled a pair or MH755's. My first recable! More of a proof of concept as I actually purchased a couple of extra pairs and some new cables in anticipation of causing a lot of damage. It was frustratingly simple. The soldering wasn't too pretty but what is done is done.

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #39,895 of 75,220
My daughter threw a pair of Monks that I sleep with on the floor and I stepped on them. Ruined one of the drivers...so I took the cable and recabled a pair or MH755's. My first recable! More of a proof of concept as I actually purchased a couple of extra pairs and some new cables in anticipation of causing a lot of damage. It was frustratingly simple. The soldering wasn't too pretty but what is done is done.

Would you like to share a photo?

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #39,897 of 75,220
Absolutely! Didn't think about closing the strain relief opening but I'll probably go back and seal them with some tacky.

Looks good. The black cable looks nice with the green tips. My husband did mine with an inexpensive cable from aliexpress. Left those white parts on mine but he didn't think about it with his. He has a blue braided cable on his and put on tips with blue cores:)

Here is mine... one of mine... bought three... lol.

10237590.jpg

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #39,898 of 75,220
Looks good. The black cable looks nice with the green tips. My husband did mine with an inexpensive cable from aliexpress. Left those white parts on mine but he didn't think about it with his. He has a blue braided cable on his and put on tips with blue cores:)

Here is mine... one of mine... bought three... lol.

10237590.jpg
Nice. Blue braided sounds great also. I have two more pairs sitting out in my car hiding from my wife. Now that I know I can do it, I'm thinking of flashier looking cables to try. Then there's the Kubes and Vidos I got last week...

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #39,899 of 75,220
Nice. Blue braided sounds great also. I have two more pairs sitting out in my car hiding from my wife. Now that I know I can do it, I'm thinking of flashier looking cables to try. Then there's the Kubes and Vidos I got last week...

I am leaving the Kubes as they are... I like how the cable matches. I have a purple one and my husband has blue. I am supposed to also have orange but it has been at Heathrow airport for 10 days so I am getting worried about it. We have wrecked a few drivers recabling buds so I don't want to risk it anyway. I think maybe some of the earbud drivers are more delicate than this MH755.

Here is my recabled Vido... one driver fell apart but because the same happened when he recabled his, he still had the good one left from that project to use for mine... people do suggest having more than one Vido before beginning the project... those things just want to fall apart. His has entirely different drivers in it now.. so I guess it is not a Vido anymore in spite of what the shell says.

10231982.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #39,900 of 75,220
I am leaving the Kubes as they are... I like how the cable matches. I have a purple one and my husband has blue. I am supposed to also have orange but it has been at Heathrow airport for 10 days so I am getting worried about it. We have wrecked a few drivers recabling buds so I don't want to take risk it anyway. I think maybe some of the earbud drivers are more delicate than this MH755.
Yeah, I've seen you all post about ruining Vidos. I just got my first pair of them and they are really amazing! I want to have a pair to show off like jewelry. I like the Kubes cable color (blue) but it is soooo flimsy. Maybe you're right, they might be too special to mess with...or I need to order another pair as a backup first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back