Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 9, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #39,902 of 75,224
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #39,904 of 75,224
They looked comfortable. They were touting them as sleep worthy buds. Was trying to wrap my mind around the record function? What would that be for? Recording phone convos? LOL

Record function? I am ignoring the mic/control thing. I use daps (or even my desktop system) not phones so mics are useless and annoying. I broke my rule about never getting another cable with a mic.

...and yes, I was thinking I could sleep with these. They feel more secure than my other pod the Memt T5... and no, I have not compared them. Last night at this time I had never even heard of them. The wonders of same day delivery. It's such a nice change from aliexpress where most of my buds come from.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #39,905 of 75,224
Listened to these nifty tunes:

Both are great, but the Yincrow RW-9's bass takes the cake for me: more presence, more detailed, better textured. Also, the drums have more impact. I now cannot get Geddy Lee's bass lines out of my head thanks to you!

For just pure sub-bass I listened to James Blake's Limit to your love, and I think the RW-9's subbass is better as well.

Having said that, the Snow Lotus 1.0+ Commemorative are excellent. But the RW-9's are actually pretty darned special.

What about mods and brightness?

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #39,906 of 75,224
Now that we've seen DLC diaphragm on iem I wonder when earbud will adapt it. It is technically possible right.? We do have graphene coated.

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #39,909 of 75,224
Hi. I'm interested in buying my first pair of earbuds. Looking for something that is well made, built to last and feels premium. In terms of tonal balance, I'm looking for something similar to the porta pros (with better bass extension and slightly more present treble), if possible. I also need the cable to be detachable. Looking to spend ~$100. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks.
Some sub-100 buds with detachable cable I know: Toneking TO 65/150/200 / Unicorn / TO400s / TY2, OURART Ti7 / ACG, Svara L, (banned brand) BK2 . Other buds around $100 (which could go down to sub-100 on sales): TO600, NiceHCK EBX, Rose Masya. Otherwise, there are some tuners, like WillSound, which would provide option for detachable cable.

I can't make any suggestion as I only have the ACG for the sub-100 with detachable cable. I really love it but it's probably not for everyone.

Feb 10, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #39,910 of 75,224
Now that we've seen DLC diaphragm on iem I wonder when earbud will adapt it. It is technically possible right.? We do have graphene coated.
What we haven't seen is buds with planar magnetic drivers

My guess, it'll be Toneking which will put planar into buds.

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #39,911 of 75,224
I went to listen to the ATH-CM2000Ti today. I dunno, it has one of those really particular sounds that is interesting and makes all your music sound new and interesting, but you definitely don't feel like this is it, your final earbud.

I was thinking about it today, and it just hit me. It sounds like the Final Audio Piano Forte 8! It has that super distant and wide sound stage.

That being said, overall the mids tend to sound cleaner on the CM2000, but I find the fit MUCH better on the Piano Forte series. The CM2000 shell is really big, even compared to the MX500 shell, and has a strange rigidity to the shell that is hard to place. It is also fit dependent, and you have to fiddle with it to get the best sound.

If I were super rich though, I dunno what I would do. If money were no object I might get the Piano Forte instead for the fit, and might get a modder to re-cable it.

Maybe it's time to DIY a Piano Forte with my un-used earbuds!

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #39,912 of 75,224
I went to listen to the ATH-CM2000Ti today. I dunno, it has one of those really particular sounds that is interesting and makes all your music sound new and interesting, but you definitely don't feel like this is it, your final earbud.

I was thinking about it today, and it just hit me. It sounds like the Final Audio Piano Forte 8! It has that super distant and wide sound stage.

That being said, overall the mids tend to sound cleaner on the CM2000, but I find the fit MUCH better on the Piano Forte series. The CM2000 shell is really big, even compared to the MX500 shell, and has a strange rigidity to the shell that is hard to place. It is also fit dependent, and you have to fiddle with it to get the best sound.

If I were super rich though, I dunno what I would do. If money were no object I might get the Piano Forte instead for the fit, and might get a modder to re-cable it.

Maybe it's time to DIY a Piano Forte with my un-used earbuds!
Foams or no foams? No foams looks like little pizza cutters. Very sharp edges. Reviews that I have been reading are all saying they are really good at vocals and basically have that AT house sound that we all either hate or love.

Been thinking about picking them up. AMS has them for $50 a month for 8 months. Makes it easier to hide big purchases from unapproving spouses.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #39,913 of 75,224
Feb 10, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #39,915 of 75,224
Listening to -

with TY Hi-Z HP-650. Not bass monsters - laid back, good mids, and very good resolution. I'm not sure if even spending and extra $300 (HP-650 cost $100) on ATH-CM2000Ti would reveal anything else in the the acoustive guitar, vocals or mix. At least or my ears

And for this -

An $11 SL 1.0+ CE is superior!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back