1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. HungryPanda
    Svara is not banned to my knowledge, and the banned merchants are banned from head-fi for nefarious posts. The NiceHCK EBX sounds more like what you describe than the Rose earbuds

2. dwil
    Thanks. The ebx won't sound sibilant at all, right?

3. HungryPanda
    No the EBX is a really good earbud

DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. herzhz
    It's been a long time since the last time i post something here.
    hello, how are you doing??
    #TeamRED is here.

Stenso likes this.
  5. exavolt
    Sorry. It was for the next item, Y****o BK2, not the Svara L. The brand is banned from this forum https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Panda already got you covered. EBX is an all-rounder but I haven't heard the porta pros though so I can't be sure if it'll match.

6. exavolt
    It's been in my whishlist for some time at toped. It got some good reviews there.

7. assassin10000
    So got my Ourart ACG's working (mmcx center pin was the problem), burned them in. Wow these have a really sweet mid's and good treble. A little lacking in sub bass/bass but I was able to EQ them enough to be happy.

Too bad the cable I got with them is garbage.

20190107_155411.jpg
    20190107_155713.jpg
    20190107_155737.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  8. exavolt
    One of my buds is mute sometimes. I only need to rotate the connector to get it working again.

Ordering the new NiceHCK's 8-core high-purity copper for them.

9. assassin10000
    If you have the steady hands to do it, the center pin in the earbud MMCX is 'split' and if it's too spread/loose that can cause it to loose contact with the MMCX cable center pin. You can use a pick or extremely small pliers (basically tweezers) to close it up and get them to work better. It doesn't take much so be careful. Mine were spread so far that they weren't making any contact unless I found a sweet spot.

My ACG's are currently on my BT20, burned them in using the cable from my PT25.

I ordered a new cable for mine as well, only a 4 core but it has an angled connector and non-memory wire ear guides that I prefer currently:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...-2pin-or-Weston-W4R-U16-UE18/32953041901.html

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    exavolt likes this.
  10. exavolt
    Thanks! I'll try that. I thought that it's caused by poor internal wiring / soldering as happened to my V80, which fortunately, I've got it fixed by resoldering the wire.

Edit: reporting in. it's working! the connection is reliable now. thanks a bunch @assassin10000 :beerchug: . I think it is the same problem hit by HungryPanda when he was modding his MH755.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    assassin10000 likes this.
  11. Ira Delphic
    What's inside of the rectangular part of the ACG or what it its purpose? My guess a tiny circuit board?

12. assassin10000
    That houses the MMCX connector.

[​IMG]

Ira Delphic likes this.
  13. MelodyMood
    Hi Guys. I am looking for an earbud which is one step ahead of TP16. I have Monk+, MX500S, TP16 etc. TP16 sound is good but is there anything which is slightly better than this in terms of overall sound. I prefer bass and smooth high and the earbud should have Mic also as I use it with my phone. Also, budget is not high. Around same budget of TP16 but few $$$ here and there is fine. Suggestions are welcomed in advance :) .

14. MelodyMood
    Forgot to mention that I have Yincrow X6 also. That is good. But I like the cable and build quality of TP16. So something which is having good quality build and great in sound will be good :)

15. MelodyMood
    Also, I would like to have some high impedence bud but should be loud enough. Monk+ was 64 Ohms but poor build quality that it broke down in few days only. And there was no Bass at all. So 64 Ohms or more is good but again with Mic pls. Thanks