Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 11, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #39,932 of 75,171
Also, I would like to have some high impedence bud but should be loud enough. Monk+ was 64 Ohms but poor build quality that it broke down in few days only. And there was no Bass at all. So 64 Ohms or more is good but again with Mic pls. Thanks

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #39,933 of 75,171
Hi @MelodyMood, welcome to the forum.

I don't have many buds with a mic but the best I have is this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...With-Mic-For-Phone-PC-Tablet/32828298514.html

Don't be put off by the low price. I prefer it to the Monk+, EMX500S and Yincrow X6 that you mention (I don't have the TP16). Sound and build quality are excellent, with a very large soundstage due to the vented back. I would say that the signature is similar to the X6. It is in my top 5 favourites, beating lots of earphones costing many times more. Highly recommended by me.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #39,934 of 75,171
Hi @MelodyMood, welcome to the forum.

I don't have many buds with a mic but the best I have is this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...With-Mic-For-Phone-PC-Tablet/32828298514.html

Don't be put off by the low price. I prefer it to the Monk+, EMX500S and Yincrow X6 that you mention (I don't have the TP16). Sound and build quality are excellent, with a very large soundstage due to the vented back. I would say that the signature is similar to the X6. It is in my top 5 favourites, beating lots of earphones costing many times more. Highly recommended by me.
Thanks. Let me review it. One query, due to vented back, does it leak sound when you listen? When you say it is similar to X6, what difference we can notice?

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #39,935 of 75,171
Yes, there is likely to be some leakage. Not sure how much more than other buds, though.

The similarity is in the balance between the various frequencies (lows - mids - highs). I use EQ and the profiles I have set up are very similar for both of them. The MS16 has a bigger soundstage (which is my main priority) and I think tighter lows. I am not in a position to A/B them at the moment.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #39,936 of 75,171
Yes, there is likely to be some leakage. Not sure how much more than other buds, though.

The similarity is in the balance between the various frequencies (lows - mids - highs). I use EQ and the profiles I have set up are very similar for both of them. The MS16 has a bigger soundstage (which is my main priority) and I think tighter lows. I am not in a position to A/B them at the moment.
Ok. I also noticed that you have Snow Lotus earbuds. ow are they? I guess thee is an Iris earbud too. Are they good in Bass and smooth on high?

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #39,937 of 75,171
Both the SLs I have are excellent throughout the frequency range but different to each other. There are lots of good impressions on this forum for them. Both are also in my top 5 but don't have mics.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #39,938 of 75,171
Both the SLs I have are excellent throughout the frequency range but different to each other. There are lots of good impressions on this forum for them. Both are also in my top 5 but don't have mics.
Ok. So it seems it is not easy to find better earbud than TP16 or Yincrow around same price range? Especially which has higher impedence and have mic too.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #39,939 of 75,171
I'm just one person and these things are subjective. Hopefully you will get more replies. But I have given you an option that IMO is better than the X6 you like, and which has a mic, for less than $6 - I would say that's a pretty good start! :wink:

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #39,941 of 75,171
Good luck, lots of knowledgeable people on here. I'm off to bed now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back