Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 7, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #39,811 of 75,146
@golov17 , @mbwilson111 You have Zen Lite (not LL)... Is it worth 80$ for new ones ? On VE website was even for 148$, but unavailable now.

Are they step up over Asura 2.0s ? Are they significally worse than full Zen 2.0 ? Especially in terms of soundstage and "pretending" full open cans :)

Thank you in advance for your impressions.

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #39,812 of 75,146
Tell me about it... :weary:
My Liebesleid is coming from Indonesia as well and they're know to take a while even for a neighbouring country.

last time i purchase an audio gear from carousell Singapore, i rather fly there and meet the person for COD. waiting for shipment is unbearable, had to have it immediately :dt880smile:

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #39,814 of 75,146
Can someone who owns or has tried both tell me what is better between Snow Lotus 1.0 and 1.0+ versions? Plus version seems harder to track down and has a standard cable unlike the regular 1.0

From what I have heard, SL 1.0+ is slightly more V or U -shaped than regular 1.0 and soundstage on 1.0+ is bigger than on regular 1.0.

I only have regular 1.0 but I'm liking it.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #39,817 of 75,146
Coincidence!

My K's 64s are my work buds and currently enjoying my Bandcamp collection with them on my Samsung S8.

Two years ago I got the silver cable version of the K's 64. The cable is freakishling long - and the sound muddy and bland compared to my other earbuds. Maybe I got a bad copy?

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #39,818 of 75,146
From what I have heard, SL 1.0+ is slightly more V or U -shaped than regular 1.0 and soundstage on 1.0+ is bigger than on regular 1.0.
I agree with your first point but not your second.
Happy to hear you like the 1.0, though. It's still one of my favourites.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #39,819 of 75,146
I agree with your first point but not your second.
Happy to hear you like the 1.0, though. It's still one of my favourites.

You are better at comparing them as you have both, I only have the other one.

I find regular 1.0 a sweet spot for me: it is not too bright, vocals are not recessed, bass is not boomy but it is there when needed. There could be little more sub bass but usually then sound signature gets more U-shaped.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #39,820 of 75,146
You are better at comparing them as you have both, I only have the other one.

I find regular 1.0 a sweet spot for me: it is not too bright, vocals are not recessed, bass is not boomy but it is there when needed. There could be little more sub bass but usually then sound signature gets more U-shaped.
Yes, I find it very well balanced and natural sounding. 'Sweet spot' is a good way of putting it. With some phones I find myself analysing the details (good and bad). With these I just get lost in the music.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #39,821 of 75,146
Hello everyone. I spent years and a small fortune searching for the perfect IEM, only to end up with an earbud that I love more than any IEM I've ever heard! Now the new search begins I suppose. My earbud journey originally ended in the early 90's, so I was completely shocked when I heard the Moondrop VX Pro for the first time. All I really want so far to improve on is bass quantity, if even only slightly. My question for anyone who can answer is, how does the K's White Ling or the HiFi Boy Dream compare to the VX Pro? I'm looking for a mostly balanced, but airy sound with good bass and sub bass. Full disclosure, I've already made a blind purchase of both. Just would love any opinions while waiting a couple weeks for them to arrive.

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #39,822 of 75,146
@golov17 , @mbwilson111 You have Zen Lite (not LL)... Is it worth 80$ for new ones ? On VE website was even for 148$, but unavailable now.

Are they step up over Asura 2.0s ? Are they significally worse than full Zen 2.0 ? Especially in terms of soundstage and "pretending" full open cans :)

Thank you in advance for your impressions.
For me Zen2.0 much better than Zen L.
And Zen LL better than Zen L.
Asuras have other sigs

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #39,823 of 75,146
Willy was nice enough to send a preview:

HEpgz6d.jpg

The red one is WillSound MK1 and the white is MK2. I'm really stoked to get these!

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #39,824 of 75,146
Guys,

This is the Herry response:

Looking on what you describe it is quite common on earbuds, because of the prezuried membrane during the shipment
here is how you fixed it. When playing a music, You can suck the front cover of the earbuds using your mouth. Keep repeating until the membrane flex to the normal position and you hear no rattle noise on the low freq

I did as he said and... It worked!!!!! Everything is working. This is a nice tip for anyone with a problem like I had. I will keep an eye in Penon and I will keep everybody informed.

Thank you guys!

Yeah, he knows his stuff.

He also warned me about putting the grills of the ZoomFred against eachother, since the magnets are stronger than what he normally use. If the magnets are exposed to too strong magnetic attraction, they might become displaced (as far as I understand it).

Looking forward to reading more of your impressions on your ZoomFred Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back