Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #34,036 of 75,443
I never said pk1 was biocellulose....I just tagged him because he was interested

Dammit

By the way I worked with Sonion... so bro chilll, I know what I am doing..

Yuin pk1 was a polyestrene reinforced with micro strand ccaw voice coil with 160ohm average compensated impedance at 1.1kHz..

And 0.08% profiled distortion....they mention 150ohm +/-20ohm at 1kHz with 0.1% distortion.

And think before you mention somebody clueless.

And if you really dont believe me the .you can ask anybody with instruments to check the measurement...

I think there would be 10% error of chance, not more than that, I can guarantee you that

I'm pretty sure @DAndrew is not the only one mislead by your post. it's good if you say you have knowledge about it, all that is left now is to master "the art of communicating properly so people don't scratch their heads an take you the wrong way"

after that you're golden :wink:

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #34,037 of 75,443
I'm pretty sure @DAndrew is not the only one mislead by your post. it's good if you say you have knowledge about it, all that is left now is to master "the art of communicating properly so people don't scratch their heads an take you the wrong way"

Agreed, my fault...

But he should have asked me instead of launching his anger... I cleared his doubt and then he thinks that I think film is biocellulose

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #34,038 of 75,443
I thought he was interested in project so I just told him I found pk1 drivers on Ali

Nothing more and nothing less

Bro.....OK, I liked lyra....but I never over exaggerated it.. I just said it does things right for me..

I did over exaggerated niceHCK graphene because I liked it

And when he said that he is interested if I have biocellulose, I just told him I found yuin pk2 drivers....that's all

I never in any post said yuin pk1 was biocellulose

Stop your wild interpretation of things...

It feels like I am talking with a wall, how can you misinterpret a single sentence? He asked for biocellulose drivers and you replied with a random film driver...how is that what he asked?

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #34,039 of 75,443

Its not about the art of communicating properly anymore, he just randomly spammed a link with a random driver that had nothing related to what the other guy asked for.

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #34,040 of 75,443
It feels like I am talking with a wall, how can you misinterpret a single sentence? He asked for biocellulose drivers and you replied with a random film driver...how is that what he asked?
I cleared it after you comment....that should have the end of the story...dont drag it...

Share something valuable
Ask something
Learn something

Dont waste time on something trivial

I admit it was my fault

And I know difference between biocellulose and film

Thanks for mentioning my mistake

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #34,043 of 75,443
I cleared it after you comment....that should have the end of the story...dont drag it...

Share something valuable
Ask something
Learn something

Dont waste time on something trivial

I admit it was my fault

And I know difference between biocellulose and film

Thanks for mentioning my mistake

"dont drag it"

Are you seriously saying this? Look at how you are spamming this thread....

"Dont waste time on something trivial"

We are talking about earbuds , and in this case, earbud drivers. I dont think its trivial

By the way @DAndrew do you know where can I get 15.4mm cellulose driver

I found a dual circuit graphene (HF and lf) driver that fits in mx500 shell

Yeah I know how to get biocellulose drivers

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #34,044 of 75,443
Aug 26, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #34,045 of 75,443
After you posted that I decided to listen with them. They are high impedance... 300 ohm... so they are meant to be used with an amp. I have them hooked to my desktop dac/amp using Foobar2000 to play Flac albums stored on my PC. All I can say at the moment is that I feel like I have invisible headphones on:) I listen to all types of music. I don't choose certain buds for specific music.. I just expect to listen to what I want with any of them.

You used to be able to get them paired with an amp on the VE site. Now you have to pay almost as much to just buy the bud. I did not buy the bud/amp combo because I have a few amps already. I also did not buy them alone for high retail price. I bought mine (slightly) used from another headfi member who had a spare. I am very happy with them especially for the deal I got. I probably would not have them otherwise.

The Zen LL is lower impedance (same shell and cable) but I do not see it being offered right now. Buying from VE can be complicated... but interesting.

Others might have some better less expensive ideas for you.

Thanks for the input, it's hard to find any reviews on these. I'd be using them mostly with my ES100 but I think it will be able to drive them well enough. :)

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #34,046 of 75,443
Thanks for the input, it's hard to find any reviews on these. I'd be using them mostly with my ES100 but I think it will be able to drive them well enough. :)

Are you willing to pay $148? at that price there are so many choices.

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #34,047 of 75,443
Maybe I will try foams on my Black Panther at some point. What do other owners use with that one?

I tried my thinnest foam with multiple hole (I use solder tips to burn the hole). Nope still bloat the bass a little. Naked so far for docomo.

I suspect docomo doesn't like seal. Maybe different ear hears differently but my all my friend a agree docomo best sound when naked.

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #34,048 of 75,443
I thought he would be interested in so called yuin drivers because I was not able to find bio celluloses
upload_2018-8-26_13-49-43.jpeg

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #34,050 of 75,443
Just got these delivered... on a Sunday too!
PArU9VW.jpg

5QhVlCf.jpg

I haven't listened to them, but they are comfortable. MUCH more comfortable than the VE Monks+. Will report back after burn in/kids go to bed so I can do a more thorough comparison with my gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back