Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 25, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #34,006 of 75,583
upload_2018-8-25_19-29-33.png

Bassheads rejoice......... I received the "VUNBUD" this week, and am blown away. These $47 buds have the best bass I have heard from an earbud, except maybe the ZoomFred which is not in the same price range. The quantity and thumpy-ness of the bass is equivalent to the K's Samsara, but it is cleaner and more detailed. Because of the bass emphasis, the overall tonality is a tad dark, but the treble is very accurate without a hint of sibilance; high hat cymbals are crisp, and it is possible to hear the pluck of individual strings on an acoustic guitar.

The "VUNBUD" is Rholupat's mod of Elibuds' Sabia V6. The VUNBUD has a detachable VJC cable with MMCX connectors and an upgraded plug. I'm curious to try these out with a balanced cable, but the stock cable is pretty impressive.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #34,008 of 75,583
TM9 in West Palm Beach, very close to me now. Should have it by Monday:-D
Every minute of every day I wonder, "has mochill got his TM9 yet??"

I am happy you are excited bro. And boy, are you ever excited :beerchug:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #34,011 of 75,583

Bassheads rejoice......... I received the "VUNBUD" this week, and am blown away. These $47 buds have the best bass I have heard from an earbud, except maybe the ZoomFred which is not in the same price range. The quantity and thumpy-ness of the bass is equivalent to the K's Samsara, but it is cleaner and more detailed. Because of the bass emphasis, the overall tonality is a tad dark, but the treble is very accurate without a hint of sibilance; high hat cymbals are crisp, and it is possible to hear the pluck of individual strings on an acoustic guitar.

The "VUNBUD" is Rholupat's mod of Elibuds' Sabia V6. The VUNBUD has a detachable VJC cable with MMCX connectors and an upgraded plug. I'm curious to try these out with a balanced cable, but the stock cable is pretty impressive.

that VJC cable is nice. it's thick but really soft

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #34,012 of 75,583
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #34,014 of 75,583
i didn't find anything stating that it has dual drivers? also isn't this already been reviewed by @ClieOS

Definitely no dual driver in Svara series. My Svara Pro is the early version. The current version is said to have been retuned and improved.

Aug 26, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #34,016 of 75,583
OK...I was pretty cloudy or not clear when I was telling my preferences about earbuds...

@mbwilson111 I won't be buying all(I dont have money and space to keep and most of the diy looks same, which would be confusing too)

I listen to Korean, Japanese classic ,jpop, k-pop, classical songs, folk and most of the time symphonies by some of the greatest composer like zubin mehta, valery gregiev Marin alsop, Beethoven etc ...

What I need is timbre(representation perfect), soundstaging with precise location and space. Bass boost is welcome but it shouldn't distort things. Same with treble, it shouldn't be shrieky and splashy, it can be boosted though.

Budget is 20$ and can extend up to 25$(not more than that, I ain't rich, just a 64audio u18t guy....lol....I am nearing bankrupt right now)

I have monk ex pack so a diy of mx500 is more welcome but not necessary....

For me, sound has a greater preference....

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #34,018 of 75,583
What, if any, of your earbuds do some of you prefer without foams?

None to be honest, I think foams smooth things out and add a bit of comfort and stability in the ear, aswell as bass, all of which I welcome with the buds I have. If I had to choose, then I would opt for the Qian 39 since they´re tiny and comfortable.

I think foam rolling is a must if you want to extract the best sound from your buds, I currently only delve in VE Thin foams, Heigi Donuts and the thicker foams that come with each bud, but I´m curious about the multi - hole foams Sean and others have posted about here.

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #34,019 of 75,583
What, if any, of your earbuds do some of you prefer without foams?

Zen 2, and an old early Willsound MK1 that i sold long ago and recently repurchase

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #34,020 of 75,583
None to be honest, I think foams smooth things out and add a bit of comfort and stability in the ear, aswell as bass, all of which I welcome with the buds I have. If I had to choose, then I would opt for the Qian 39 since they´re tiny and comfortable.

I think foam rolling is a must if you want to extract the best sound from your buds, I currently only delve in VE Thin foams, Heigi Donuts and the thicker foams that come with each bud, but I´m curious about the multi - hole foams Sean and others have posted about here.

I do agree with what you said most of the time... although I cannot use donuts... they just shift every which way when I am putting them in. Plus they are impossible for me to put on in the first place so I have to ask for help. Regular foams are difficult enough for me. I have spent as long as 20 minutes putting a set on a pair.

At the moment I have two buds that I am using without foams. My Blur Black Panther (uses a Docomo long stem shell) and my Sony Ericsson HPM-64(recabled by Hungry Panda)...not sure foams will fit on it but it is very stable as it is and sounds surprisingly good. Found out about these vintage buds on Earbuds Anonymous. Recabling is mandatory... the stock cable only works with the Sony Ericsson phone.

Maybe I will try foams on my Black Panther at some point. What do other owners use with that one?

Zen 2, and an old early Willsound MK1 that i sold long ago and recently repurchase

I have heard that Lee himself recommends using the Zen with no foams. I have a Zen Lite but that is different. I have foams on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back