Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 26, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #34,021 of 75,447
I have heard that Lee himself recommends using the Zen with no foams. I have a Zen Lite but that is different. I have foams on it.

How would you describe Zen Lite? What type of music do you like it for? I really like the fit and shape of my Qian39 so if I could get a bud with the same shell but more clarity and still decent bass it would be nice.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #34,022 of 75,447
i think i should make my own earbuds(good stating point due to availability of material)

but where do i source a really good driver???

@slappypete @Slater @ClieOS @CoiL and everyone
(miss hidden expert @mbwilson111 )

help me and guide me

-i would be going for MX500 shell(3D printed carbon fiber)
-MMCX ready
-Air release port like AIWA v99(actually i was drawing a design and i realised that mx500 has one more vent near the cable entry point, i can do slappypete mod with one hole open(ZEN v1 mod by @slappypete ) and attach a plastic tube which goes from this opening near cable entry of iem), it will fix the bass issue with @slappypete VE Monk+ mod and can increase bass response without muddying mids.

@audionab i think earbud business is even crazier than the iem one....

i will fix your RFNF iem.....would you be helping me on this one.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #34,023 of 75,447
i think i should make my own earbuds(good stating point due to availability of material)

but where do i source a really good driver???

@slappypete @Slater @ClieOS @CoiL and everyone
(miss hidden expert @mbwilson111 )

help me and guide me

-i would be going for MX500 shell(3D printed carbon fiber)
-MMCX ready
-Air release port like AIWA v99(actually i was drawing a design and i realised that mx500 has one more vent near the cable entry point, i can do slappypete mod with one hole open(ZEN v1 mod by @slappypete ) and attach a plastic tube which goes from this opening near cable entry of iem), it will fix the bass issue with @slappypete VE Monk+ mod and can increase bass response without muddying mids.

@audionab i think earbud business is even crazier than the iem one....

i will fix your RFNF iem.....would you be helping me on this one.

If you find some biocellulose drivers, I'd be interested in buying a set :wink:

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #34,024 of 75,447
Bassheads rejoice......... I received the "VUNBUD" this week, and am blown away. These $47 buds have the best bass I have heard from an earbud, except maybe the ZoomFred which is not in the same price range. The quantity and thumpy-ness of the bass is equivalent to the K's Samsara, but it is cleaner and more detailed. Because of the bass emphasis, the overall tonality is a tad dark, but the treble is very accurate without a hint of sibilance; high hat cymbals are crisp, and it is possible to hear the pluck of individual strings on an acoustic guitar.

The "VUNBUD" is Rholupat's mod of Elibuds' Sabia V6. The VUNBUD has a detachable VJC cable with MMCX connectors and an upgraded plug. I'm curious to try these out with a balanced cable, but the stock cable is pretty impressive.

doggiemom, doggiemom, doggiemom. I just wrote that my itch was cured, and here you are, getting me itchy again :)

Please do not provide a link so that I get even more tempted. Ah, forget that... Link please!

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #34,025 of 75,447
How would you describe Zen Lite? What type of music do you like it for? I really like the fit and shape of my Qian39 so if I could get a bud with the same shell but more clarity and still decent bass it would be nice.

After you posted that I decided to listen with them. They are high impedance... 300 ohm... so they are meant to be used with an amp. I have them hooked to my desktop dac/amp using Foobar2000 to play Flac albums stored on my PC. All I can say at the moment is that I feel like I have invisible headphones on:) I listen to all types of music. I don't choose certain buds for specific music.. I just expect to listen to what I want with any of them.

You used to be able to get them paired with an amp on the VE site. Now you have to pay almost as much to just buy the bud. I did not buy the bud/amp combo because I have a few amps already. I also did not buy them alone for high retail price. I bought mine (slightly) used from another headfi member who had a spare. I am very happy with them especially for the deal I got. I probably would not have them otherwise.

The Zen LL is lower impedance (same shell and cable) but I do not see it being offered right now. Buying from VE can be complicated... but interesting.

Others might have some better less expensive ideas for you.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #34,026 of 75,447
doggiemom, doggiemom, doggiemom. I just wrote that my itch was cured, and here you are, getting me itchy again :)

Please do not provide a link so that I get even more tempted. Ah, forget that... Link please!

You are hopeless....lol.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #34,029 of 75,447
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #34,030 of 75,447
pk1 ( and even in your link ) did not have a biocellulose driver...you linking that just shows how clueless you are, you can see from the pictures its just film and not biocellulose
I never said pk1 was biocellulose....I just tagged him because he was interested

Dammit

bro chilll, I know what I am doing..

Yuin pk1 was a polyestrene reinforced with micro strand ccaw voice coil with 160ohm average compensated impedance at 1.1kHz..

And 0.08% profiled distortion....they mention 150ohm +/-20ohm at 1kHz with 0.1% distortion.

And think before you mention somebody clueless.

And if you really dont believe me the .you can ask anybody with instruments to check the measurement...

I think there would be 10% error of chance, not more than that, I can guarantee you that

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #34,031 of 75,447
I never said pk1 was biocellulose....I just tagged him because he was interested

Dammit

By the way I worked with sonion so bro chilll, I know what I am doing..

Yuin pk1 was a polyestrene reinforced with micro strand ccaw voice coil with 160ohm average compensated impedance at 1.1kHz..

And 0.08% profiled distortion....they mention 150ohm +/-20ohm at 1kHz with 0.1% distortion.

And if you really dont believe me the .you can ask anybody with instruments to check the measurement...

I think there would be 10% error of chance, not more than that, I can guarantee you that

I honestly doubt you know what you are doing, he only had one "spec" he was interested, the driver being biocelullose, and you said you found something with the same "spec". I have seen your replies in the thread and they are all exaggerated. Do w/e you want but stop spreading misinformation.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #34,032 of 75,447

Dammit

By the way I worked with Sonion... so bro chilll, I know what I am doing..

I think you are unaware that if you come into a thread and suddenly become a self proclaimed expert, it puts people off.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #34,035 of 75,447
It would be fine if he actually knew what he was talking about. But mistaking film for biocellulose? That just shows how much of an "expert" he is
I thought he was interested in project so I just told him I found pk1 drivers on Ali

Nothing more and nothing less

Bro.....OK, I liked lyra....but I never over exaggerated it.. I just said it does things right for me..

I did over exaggerated niceHCK graphene because I liked it

And when he said that he is interested if I have biocellulose, I just told him I found yuin pk2 drivers....that's all

I never in any post said yuin pk1 was biocellulose

Stop your wild interpretation of things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back