Earbuds Round-Up
May 24, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #75,572 of 75,870
It's like the Qigom S130A with its bass and power vs the Moondrop U-2 with its great wide soundstage.
Both are great models, so buy both!
I just ordered the Qigom S130A. So God forbid if I experience disappointment 😄 But joking aside, can I expect something qualitatively on the level of FF3? Won't someone try to review them or at least briefly describe or compare them just to FF3?

May 24, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #75,573 of 75,870
I just ordered the Qigom S130A. So God forbid if I experience disappointment 😄 But joking aside, can I expect something qualitatively on the level of FF3? Won't someone try to review them or at least briefly describe or compare them just to FF3?
Qigom S130A uses the same 130bery driver as FranQL BlueMoon.
So, for those who have FranQL BlueMoon, could you please compare it with FF3?

By the way, you can find a review of QIGOM S130 (MX500 Shell version) here.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/qigom-s130.24503/reviews

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #75,574 of 75,870
Absolutely TOTL earbuds, great subbass,deep soundstage, sounds like a close back headphones
1000008125.jpg

May 24, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #75,576 of 75,870
I just received the NiceHCK WhiteSky cable to go with my DB1e today, the fit is perfect for me when using donut foams and I don't feel like I need earclips to get the best sound anymore. The shades of blue don't quite match but they're close enough that they don't stand out too much. I also ordered this cable from Hakugei since it was one of the few cables I could find with curved 2-pin connectors and a 4.4mm plug but it's not here yet so I'll report back when it gets to me.

@metrics I know you said you've tried earclips before, were they solid plastic ones or was the piece that goes behind the ear made of silicone? I can't remember if I linked the 10 mm clips I found or not but I just got them today as well and they're much more comfortable than the plastic ones I had before. Hopefully either the WhiteSky cable or these clips will be more comfortable for you and keep the DB1e in the correct position for the best sound.

May 24, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #75,577 of 75,870

I had no choice but to do a quick sound comparison between my ff5 (I don't have ff3) and my DIY Qigom S130A.

Bass : ff5 < S130A
Vocal : ff5 > S130A
Treble: ff5 = S130A
The results are as above.

1000017737.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #75,579 of 75,870
Guys, how confortable is Ksearphone temperament DB1E? I have Yinman for three years now, I can't find any earbuds that as comfortable as Yinman.
I've worn it for several hours multiple days in a row with the stock cable and then switched to Fiio's LC-RC with MMCX to 2-pin adapters for a couple of days in addition to several days with it connected to Moondrop's Littlewhite and have never felt any discomfort. Considering how much trouble I had with the RW-2000 which is the same diameter I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. It must come down to the shell design, as the DB1e's 2-pin connector is placed very close to where the Yincrow Rhino's MMCX connector is which is another very comfortable earbud for me. Do note that I've only worn it with the cable going over my ear so I can't comment on comfort or fit for it when worn cable down, and the same goes for the RW-2000 and the Rhino.

What I noticed immediately about the Yinman is that the shell behind the driver was smaller than the driver cover and sits inside of the plastic cover rather than covering the outer lip like most earbuds do. It's the only earbud I've used where foams tend to get caught under the lip of the driver cover which is how I noticed the design of the shell in the first place. Maybe with how it sits in your ear you're noticing the smaller shell size and it's not putting as much pressure on your tragus (flap in front of your ear canal)? It could also be due to how shallow the cup for the driver is so it doesn't protrude out as far which reduces that pressure even more? I'm not an expert on earbud fit by any means so this could be way off the mark but other people might have some better ideas as to why it fits the best for you.

I had the thought that Moondrop's U-2 might have a somewhat similar shell design based on the pictures I've seen (specifically the picture from this post) but I would confirm that with people that have actually used it. And whether you want to take a gamble on the unique stem design is another issue to consider as the stem of the Yinman could also be contributing to how comfortable it is for you. But it does have a smaller driver at 14.8mm which might increase the chances that it's more comfortable for you.

May 25, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #75,580 of 75,870
Guys, how confortable is Ksearphone temperament DB1E? I have Yinman for three years now, I can't find any earbuds that as comfortable as Yinman.
Have you tried Rikubuds?

May 25, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #75,581 of 75,870
I've worn it for several hours multiple days in a row with the stock cable and then switched to Fiio's LC-RC with MMCX to 2-pin adapters for a couple of days in addition to several days with it connected to Moondrop's Littlewhite and have never felt any discomfort. Considering how much trouble I had with the RW-2000 which is the same diameter I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. It must come down to the shell design, as the DB1e's 2-pin connector is placed very close to where the Yincrow Rhino's MMCX connector is which is another very comfortable earbud for me. Do note that I've only worn it with the cable going over my ear so I can't comment on comfort or fit for it when worn cable down, and the same goes for the RW-2000 and the Rhino.

What I noticed immediately about the Yinman is that the shell behind the driver was smaller than the driver cover and sits inside of the plastic cover rather than covering the outer lip like most earbuds do. It's the only earbud I've used where foams tend to get caught under the lip of the driver cover which is how I noticed the design of the shell in the first place. Maybe with how it sits in your ear you're noticing the smaller shell size and it's not putting as much pressure on your tragus (flap in front of your ear canal)? It could also be due to how shallow the cup for the driver is so it doesn't protrude out as far which reduces that pressure even more? I'm not an expert on earbud fit by any means so this could be way off the mark but other people might have some better ideas as to why it fits the best for you.

I had the thought that Moondrop's U-2 might have a somewhat similar shell design based on the pictures I've seen (specifically the picture from this post) but I would confirm that with people that have actually used it. And whether you want to take a gamble on the unique stem design is another issue to consider as the stem of the Yinman could also be contributing to how comfortable it is for you. But it does have a smaller driver at 14.8mm which might increase the chances that it's more comfortable for you.
Thanks! This is one of the most complete response I got in headfi since forever. Appreciate it.

May 25, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #75,582 of 75,870
Moondrops U-2! Got it in and honestly, its ok.

I personally prefer the EB2S but one thing I took notice on the U-2 is that the bass vent that is featured doesn't seem to be the most useful. Mainly because there's a pretty large vent already underneath the shell/driver. It may do something, but this is what I wanted to talk about. The bass is ok.

There's not a lot of impact, it feels ok and it doesn't have a large presence in the overall sound. This may be good news to some. The mids and vocals are pretty nice, not incredibly smooth and a bit laid back. Treble is dark with foam, and ive been seeing people recommend donut foams on these so im going to try that later.

Fit is amazing thankfully. Snug as a bug! Definitely going to be a beater for now.

May 25, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #75,583 of 75,870
Moondrops U-2! Got it in and honestly, its ok.

I personally prefer the EB2S but one thing I took notice on the U-2 is that the bass vent that is featured doesn't seem to be the most useful. Mainly because there's a pretty large vent already underneath the shell/driver. It may do something, but this is what I wanted to talk about. The bass is ok.

There's not a lot of impact, it feels ok and it doesn't have a large presence in the overall sound. This may be good news to some. The mids and vocals are pretty nice, not incredibly smooth and a bit laid back. Treble is dark with foam, and ive been seeing people recommend donut foams on these so im going to try that later.

Fit is amazing thankfully. Snug as a bug! Definitely going to be a beater for now.
The U-2 seems to require about 50 hours of burn-in.
After that, you will be able to get enough treble. :relaxed:

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #75,584 of 75,870
Hidden budget gem discovery:

The Audio Technica, Model ATH J100 "juicy".

Currently on sale for 5 Euros shipped so worth a try to me.

Firstly and before the sound:

The fit is excellent. Other than the standard MX shap the double conical shape of the casing actually supports particular angles of positioning in my ear, hangs in more comfortably due the better clearance on the undersid of the "speaker" part with the driver in it...
This is unlikely just my personal ear experience but the shape is there for that cause.

Sound:

THe highs are sparkly but not too bright, the entension is good and spaciousness of the stage is surprisingly airy.

Mids are mildly compressed in stage, but shine in resolution of details and postioning.

Bass:
I am a recoving basshead and still like my beryllium sets for their deep bass extension and timbre/ sustain espite fast attack rate.
If an earbud doesn´t seal it is of no use to me.

That said, i am listening to Eric Prydz "Bergen" and the bass is blowing me away. I have no doubt it extends down to the advertised 18hz, and it does so almost linerly with only a very mild boost. No spills and no boomyness at all, but there is plenty of deep mouth watering rubmle if the source calls for it.

Else than this not much to say about them, the cable is not tangly which is good, the plug is L-shaped which goes well with mobile players.

Sweet little gems, even more so the merely sinle digit pricepoint.

Amazing spectrum and outstanding bass for an earbud, at that price this was quite unexpected - all i wanted was a small toss-able set to fit into the cable compartment of my overears carry case to use in very hot weather.
Those can satisfy "daily rotation" criteria for earbud users so check them out while they last, i feel the low price is probably blowing off old stock and new ones may or may not come after those batches are sold off.

(I got mine on ebay, Amazon has them, too. Colors are black and there is blue and ore as well.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back