Earbuds Round-Up
May 22, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #75,541 of 75,859
Don't worry about doing that, just thought if you knew off the top of your head that it would help narrow down which one I want to build next. That's a good point, are there any posts about how different parts such as adhesive foams and tuning papers affect sound? Or does it just depend mostly on the driver and shell you're using?

I completely agree about learning from your mistakes, my problem is that I'll work on something way beyond when I should've stopped and said that what I wanted to do wasn't going to work. Your builds give me more confidence that I won't get into that situation and your tuning preferences reassure me that even if one of your builds isn't exactly to my tastes it won't be to the point where I dislike it or be unable to stand listening to it.
Info on tuning cotton, horseshoe tuning foams and manipulating the sound.

Here's more information about tuning.

Tuning becomes a bit easier if you understand this basic information. The rest is up to you to have fun and experiment. You'll definitely learn as you go.

Drivers and shell synergy are important in how your buds will sound and need to be tuned. AFAIK, the only way to find good driver and shell combinations is through trial and error.

May 23, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #75,542 of 75,859

Tuning becomes a bit easier if you understand this basic information. The rest is up to you to have fun and experiment. You'll definitely learn as you go.

Drivers and shell synergy are important in how your buds will sound and need to be tuned. AFAIK, the only way to find good driver and shell combinations is through trial and error.
Tell this to 300 BG, 500ohm and 600ohm 😉 ,
Even 400ohm have something to say about this

May 23, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #75,543 of 75,859
May 23, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #75,547 of 75,859

Thank you so much for those links, I don't think I would've found those posts through search.

I've got a couple different shells picked out, now I just need to figure out which drivers I want. Found one through the DIY earbuds thread that I want to try but I would like to have a couple of options to choose from. I'll make a post over on that thread and see if anyone has any suggestions, thanks again for your help.

May 23, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #75,548 of 75,859
A few weeks ago there were some posts about people's daily drivers that I meant to make a post about but wasn't feeling well at the time. Here's my daily driver that I use when I'm out and about or working on something where I don't want to risk damaging my more expensive earbuds:

IMG20240521081426.jpg
IMG20240521081400.jpg

This is the OpenHeart Nightingale connected to TRN's BT3S Pro in their cheapest case. For around $45 (or $35 on a good sale) you get a great sounding setup that rivals good TWS adapters such as the UTWS3 at a much cheaper cost with better battery life to boot. And if you buy two of the BT3S Pro you can swap your earbuds to the other adapter when the battery of the first one runs out. I even think there's enough room for another pair of earbuds in the case if you want to carry a couple different sets of earbuds. The one downside is that it uses a proprietary magnetic charging cable but since it works so well I'm willing to live with it. For a setup that's only slightly larger than the cases that come with most TWS adapters and cheaper than the better sounding options I'm very happy with it.

May 23, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #75,549 of 75,859
I have a dongle e1da and portable amp. I listen pop and orchestra. I think I'll change to the desk Dac-Amp later, may be fiio K7 or something like that.
Since you seem to be looking for a cheap immediate change, I would recommend the Moondrop U-2 and the Qigom S130A (using 130 bery driver) or the Temperament X3 at Aliexpress.

Or, a little more expensive, I recommend the Blox TM11 with usd180 at "http://bloxearphone.com/".

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #75,550 of 75,859
Since you seem to be looking for a cheap immediate change, I would recommend the Moondrop U-2 and the Qigom S130A (using 130 bery driver) or the Temperament X3 at Aliexpress.

Or, a little more expensive, I recommend the Blox TM11 with usd180 at "http://bloxearphone.com/".
how about the blox TM11 with Rikubuds GAS 3 and TGX serratus? And also Blox TM11 is not included the cable? :frowning2: I'm also think about find some old newbsound earbuds but it's quite hard to find.
And also is Qigom s130A is as good as my newbsound 32pro?

May 23, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #75,551 of 75,859
how about the blox TM11 with Rikubuds GAS 3 and TGX serratus? And also Blox TM11 is not included the cable? :frowning2: I'm also think about find some old newbsound earbuds but it's quite hard to find.
And also is Qigom s130A is as good as my newbsound 32pro?
I have not heard Rikubuds GAS 3 and TGX serratus but I don't think they can compete with TM11.
You should buy separately a cable for the TM11, such as RY-c12 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977439182.html).
I think Qigom S130A is superior to your newbsound 32pro.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #75,552 of 75,859
I have not heard Rikubuds GAS 3 and TGX serratus but I don't think they can compete with TM11.
You should buy separately a cable for the TM11, such as RY-c12 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977439182.html).
I think Qigom S130A is superior to your newbsound 32pro.
Thanks for your suggestion. How long have you used TM11? Could you give me some reviews about it? And is Quigom suitable for the portable device? it's 130 ohm?

May 23, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #75,553 of 75,859
May 23, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #75,554 of 75,859

Users who are viewing this thread

Back