Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 27, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #34,066 of 75,442
Are the Blox TM9s up for sale? It seems that their website has not been updated in a very long time.
Yes, several members have purchased and received the TM9 already. Information about the TM9 has been very informal through word of mouth and posting on this thread. Contact Blox by e-mail, sale@bloxearphone.com. Price is $279, payable with Paypal.

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #34,067 of 75,442
So my VE package finally got delivered today after sitting at the post office over last weekend.
I decided to keep the ZOE and 102ssc cable and only unbox them this Saturday as a birthday gift to myself.

I'm quite surprised that a ZEN LL and Monk Plus were bundled in for free as well... So I'm now using the ZEN LL as a sneak preview.
At about the same impedance as the Asura 2.0s, these are really amazing and great sounding. It's a pleasant surprise!

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #34,068 of 75,442
So my VE package finally got delivered today after sitting at the post office over last weekend.
I decided to keep the ZOE and 102ssc cable and only unbox them this Saturday as a birthday gift to myself.

I'm quite surprised that a ZEN LL and Monk Plus were bundled in for free as well... So I'm now using the ZEN LL as a sneak preview.
At about the same impedance as the Asura 2.0s, these are really amazing and great sounding. It's a pleasant surprise!

Zen LL for free is an incredible deal, they sound absolutely brilliant with all my balanced sources

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #34,069 of 75,442
Zen LL for free is an incredible deal, they sound absolutely brilliant with all my balanced sources

I don't own any balanced source as of yet, so my current purchases are all in SE except for the SWD2+. Perhaps my next DAP purchase will be one capable of doing balanced 2.5mm...

Anyway, I don't know how they did it with the ZEN LL. It's really quite amazing for what it is, so much so I feel they should sell it as product on its own. Much better than the Asura 2.0s that I've had for close to a year. I'm already looking forward to move on to the ZOE this weekend...

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #34,070 of 75,442
This thread needs more love. Been a tough day I see.

images.png

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #34,072 of 75,442
Hi,
I received my EBX two days ago, and after a couple of listening hours, I'm quite impressed with them!
I can't compare to others earbuds, but they sound as least as good as my previous IEM Massdrop PX.
They have the exact quantity and quality of bass I expected for: not tested on electronic music, but for classical, jazz, and rock it's ok.

The only drawback is the EBX are quite big, and not fit/stay in my ears as well as my old 3$ sony earbuds (I can jog without loosing them)
So i'd like to find new tips, and if possible with Bose StayHear form factor
The closest thing I've found is this. But I'm not sure it would be compatible and well designed.
The other solution is to use only "earbud wing".

Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #34,073 of 75,442
Hi,
I received my EBX two days ago, and after a couple of listening hours, I'm quite impressed with them!
I can't compare to others earbuds, but they sound as least as good as my previous IEM Massdrop PX.
They have the exact quantity and quality of bass I expected for: not tested on electronic music, but for classical, jazz, and rock it's ok.

The only drawback is the EBX are quite big, and not fit/stay in my ears as well as my old 3$ sony earbuds (I can jog without loosing them)
So i'd like to find new tips, and if possible with Bose StayHear form factor
The closest thing I've found is this. But I'm not sure it would be compatible and well designed.
The other solution is to use only "earbud wing".

Any suggestion?

I think the first two options you showed are more than likely to negatively affect the sound.
If the earbud wing works for you and fits the bud, that's a decent idea. I have never tried them but always thought they looked uncomfortable.

Option 4 would be to wear them over your ear. I think they are actually designed to be worn that way, looking at some model pictures.
If you want to get something to make it easier to wear over ear you can also get something like this ...

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Earp...b9d2-4791-8cda-8187608ad133&priceBeautifyAB=0

I've used them before, and they will work fine to keep them in place, but they do take some fiddling to get the right length.

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #34,074 of 75,442
Hey guys, I believe the toneking TO400 is on sale at aliexpress now. Is this a good buy?
Toneking TO400 is an excellent sounding, well built earbud. Needs a touch of power as it is 400 ohm

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #34,075 of 75,442
Little mini sale on aliexpress. I suggest using a price tracker extension (on chrome) though to see what the prices have been over the last month. Some sellers have raised prices before the sale to trick people...

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #34,078 of 75,442

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #34,079 of 75,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back