Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2,056 of 5,854
Quote:
Have you heard the T90?

i haven't, but ive heard the T70
Quote:
Love this thread, and I've been referring to the posts a lot in comparing different cans when considering upgrades/new cans. Any chance of AD2000/AD2000x being added to the list? :)

Thanks a lot for writing this up! Read it in full.

thanks!!! i was planning on adding them so soon, but its possible

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #2,057 of 5,854
i like how after reading this, it seems i have the some of the best headphones around, excluding electrostats, discontinued rare headphones,  HE-6, and the LCD-3....

guess i made good choices as i upgraded 
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2,058 of 5,854
Quote:
i like how after reading this, it seems i have the some of the best headphones around, excluding electrostats, discontinued rare headphones,  HE-6, and the LCD-3....

wink.gif

well yes, but you knew they were great to begin with I'm sure :)

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #2,061 of 5,854
Quote:
I will be adding a few additions to this review throughout the year.  When it reaches 60 headphones, I will be making an official PDF.  

can't wait!

would be nice to see audeze LCD-2 rev 2 on there as well as grado ps500 or gs1000, beyerdynamic t5p, dt 990, maybe even the new denons 
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2,062 of 5,854
Quote:
Just want to wish all of you a healthy and happy new year!!

I will be adding a few additions to this review throughout the year.  When it reaches 60 headphones, I will be making an official PDF.  

All the best David, look forward to even more of this really appreciated review/thread.
Quote:

can't wait!

would be nice to see audeze LCD-2 rev 2 on there as well as grado ps500 or gs1000, beyerdynamic t5p, dt 990, maybe even the new denons 
wink.gif

+1 :wink:

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #2,063 of 5,854
Quote:

wink.gif

+1, just substitute T1 for HE6
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #2,064 of 5,854
As a new owner but longtime admirer of Sennheiser HD800s, thanks David for creating this extremely informative thread. While I'm glad I bought them and echo a lot of the comments about them, your overview of such a variety of headphones has been a very informative read.

While I'm already happy with the sound from my HD800s, the savings have started for a higher power amp and possibly even a new desktop DAC. I'm not into the experimentation of tube rolling so I'm leaning towards a nice solid state combo like the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir.

Regardless, thanks again for your efforts, a truly fine source of headphone info.

Dale

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,065 of 5,854
Quote:

can't wait!

wink.gif

:) Tall order
Quote:
All the best David, look forward to even more of this really appreciated review/thread.
+1 :wink:

Thanks you too!
Quote:
As a new owner but longtime admirer of Sennheiser HD800s, thanks David for creating this extremely informative thread. While I'm glad I bought them and echo a lot of the comments about them, your overview of such a variety of headphones has been a very informative read.
While I'm already happy with the sound from my HD800s, the savings have started for a higher power amp and possibly even a new desktop DAC. I'm not into the experimentation of tube rolling so I'm leaning towards a nice solid state combo like the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir.
Regardless, thanks again for your efforts, a truly fine source of headphone info.
Dale

Thanks Dale!

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #2,066 of 5,854
David,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review. Thank you for answering all of our questions, and thank you for adding to the review.  This is truly one of the best reviews/threads that I have read on any forum anywhere.  I read all 140 pages and will continue to do so in the future. My wallet is all ready feeling the sting, I  purchased the He400s, and i am listening to them as I write this.  I would like to spend some time with  LCD2/3's again.   Thanks again!

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #2,067 of 5,854
Quote:
David,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review. Thank you for answering all of our questions, and thank you for adding to the review.  This is truly one of the best reviews/threads that I have read on any forum anywhere.  I read all 140 pages and will continue to do so in the future. My wallet is all ready feeling the sting, I  purchased the He400s, and i am listening to them as I write this.  I would like to spend some time with  LCD2/3's again.   Thanks again!

Thanks!!!  Wow is it really 140 pages?  I don't remember though I did draft it in MS word.  The HE-400 is a great choice.  I gave it an A+ because, even though there's some headphones with a "purer" tonality, very few headphones are as convincingly immersive and fun

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #2,068 of 5,854
Quote:
Thanks!!!  Wow is it really 140 pages?  I don't remember though I did draft it in MS word.  The HE-400 is a great choice.  I gave it an A+ because, even though there's some headphones with a "purer" tonality, very few headphones are as convincingly immersive and fun

I think he means the 140 pages of comments haha.

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #2,070 of 5,854
Thank you VERY MUCH for your excellent reviews! The completeness and detail of the reviews are only enhanced by the polish put on the presentation (copyediting, layout, imagery). I'm very happy I got my hands on a pair of Denon 7000s now, but your reviews are making me ever so slightly itch for the HE-500, d@rn you!
frown.gif

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back