Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Sep 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #5,627 of 5,854
A David Mahler recommendation is as GOOD AS GOLD :D. I like in his bio, that he has/had perfect pitch matched with his experience with all those mystical cans of exotic materials and engineering, and the fact he's directly working in the studio and making music, and like

WA WA WEE WAH.
giphy.gif

I am like you waiting for his updates !
So which one is the best for an Audiophile basshead ?

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #5,628 of 5,854
So which one is the best for an Audiophile basshead ?

I'm trying to figure that one out as well, but in the basshead thread anyway, the highest ranking "hi-fi basshead" can is the th900. Also the Z1R can move paper (basshead test), there is evidence. I say all this with tongue in cheek :p b/c the paper test is only taken seriously by bassheads. Though, the new KANNON is basshead KING, and prob doesn't move paper, and not "hi-fi", like t1,hd800 hi-fi :D

DAVIDMAHLER4PREZ

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #5,629 of 5,854
I'm trying to figure that one out as well, but in the basshead thread anyway, the highest ranking "hi-fi basshead" can is the th900. Also the Z1R can move paper (basshead test), there is evidence. I say all this with tongue in cheek :p b/c the paper test is only taken seriously by bassheads. Though, the new KANNON is basshead KING, and prob doesn't move paper, and not "hi-fi", like t1,hd800 hi-fi :D

DAVIDMAHLER4PREZ
Ooo I had the z1r and its bass is good but not great. Sold it and ended up buying five TH900s.
20170719_113526.jpg

Still keeping an eye if a new headphone can beat it.

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #5,630 of 5,854
Ooo I had the z1r and its bass is good but not great. Sold it and ended up buying five TH900s.

I just bought my first and and am REALLY looking forward to hearing them. I've always drooled over owning the TH900 and I finally can wet my appetite in about a week.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #5,631 of 5,854
I just bought my first and and am REALLY looking forward to hearing them. I've always drooled over owning the TH900 and I finally can wet my appetite in about a week.
Each of mine has its own cable. Two have been modded by Lawton.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #5,632 of 5,854

My FRIEND, did you say 5 th900????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

source.gif

LAWDaMerCY, that is pure BAWSSS (i bow down to you) :D
I still giggle mentally when I imagine ppl with k1K w/ woofer combo. That is in a way the BASSHEAD summit-fi/hardcore BASSHEAD

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #5,635 of 5,854
My FRIEND, did you say 5 th900????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

source.gif

LAWDaMerCY, that is pure BAWSSS (i bow down to you) :D
I still giggle mentally when I imagine ppl with k1K w/ woofer combo. That is in a way the BASSHEAD summit-fi/hardcore BASSHEAD
FB_IMG_1497933779617.jpg

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #5,636 of 5,854

Probably best you didn't put pics for 18s 21s and 32$.

In all seriousness is there big difference between th900 and markl mods. I ve read often on markld7k being amazing but short of attaining Sony magic *cough cough do I need to mention model* :p but wondering how marklth900 stacks up to the ole vets. Please share your experiences more about how close this is to perfection. Sir David Mahler wasn't very fond of these cans even placing the senny brothers (650/600/800) ahead of them etc so wondering also if mr Mahler heard the markl modded version with museum cups n damping. Because the Lawton cups big mang. Thanks sir :D

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #5,637 of 5,854
Mahler review of headphones is without competition and is the best there is..... All audio freak know that.... And like you i wait that M. Mahler go on with some new headphones... The truth is M.Mahler is not reproducible by any imitation.... Intelligence with ears that can write with experience is rare....:beerchug:

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #5,639 of 5,854
Probably best you didn't put pics for 18s 21s and 32$.

In all seriousness is there big difference between th900 and markl mods. I ve read often on markld7k being amazing but short of attaining Sony magic *cough cough do I need to mention model* :p but wondering how marklth900 stacks up to the ole vets. Please share your experiences more about how close this is to perfection. Sir David Mahler wasn't very fond of these cans even placing the senny brothers (650/600/800) ahead of them etc so wondering also if mr Mahler heard the markl modded version with museum cups n damping. Because the Lawton cups big mang. Thanks sir :D
Number one isnt number one for eveet listener or style of music. I love the stock and the Mod. Mod majes the mids and treble thicker sounding.

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #5,640 of 5,854
Number one isnt number one for eveet listener or style of music. I love the stock and the Mod. Mod majes the mids and treble thicker sounding.

So, would you say in a way this thicker sound helps make this a more pleasant headphone than stock? If you HAD to have only one, would it be the marklth900 or the stock? I can understanding loving two cans at the same time, but in a way, since they are different enough, one can be "more technically accurate". Does markl magic work for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back