Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #5,611 of 5,854
I love coming back to this thread and reading all the positive comments from new Head-Fi folks.  Takes me back...when I first joined Head-Fi, the first thing I did (after posting my introduction, of course) was to read David's review of the 50 flagship HP's.  To this day, I still reference the reviews that David posted here.

In fact, today I was here learning about the Fostex TH900 from reading David's review.

True, there have been many new cans introduced since David's review on 10/31/2012.  Still, many of the cans he reviewed are in production today and remain relevant to the market and to enthusiasts like us.

Cheers all,
RCBinTN

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #5,612 of 5,854
Please tease if it's just a simple copy and paste of the UE10 review.  Would love to read your thought process  regarding the UE10s.  No need to try to fit in the main column, just a simple reply or PM.  Cheers mate.

The concept of including the UE10 in this review, initially seemed as though it served a purpose back when I began writing it over two years ago. At that time, the UE10 was only recently discontinued, but today it seems to be almost a tease to include it.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #5,613 of 5,854
  Please tease if it's just a simple copy and paste of the UE10 review.  Would love to read your thought process  regarding the UE10s.  No need to try to fit in the main column, just a simple reply or PM.  Cheers mate.

I'm not sure I have it anymore actually. But I love the UE10.  I have a nostalgic place for them.  They were my first serious investment into headphone land.  I joined HF back in 2007 in part because of them.

:)

May 7, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #5,616 of 5,854
Just found your thread, it's a good, extensive read...
In the end dude, did you manage to get a demo of the Sennheiser HE 1?
If you have (or havent?) do you ever plan on procuring one?

May 22, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #5,619 of 5,854
Hello all new Head-Fiers to this thread,

David has already posted his current situation, where he is, and his plans to update this thread. Just FYI.

Enjoy your music!
RCBinTN

May 23, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #5,621 of 5,854
Jun 17, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #5,622 of 5,854
What would you guys all recommend as a good closed headphone for about £500? I would like one that I can listen to all sorts of music on. As open a sound as possible

Jun 17, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #5,623 of 5,854
What would you guys all recommend as a good closed headphone for about £500? I would like one that I can listen to all sorts of music on. As open a sound as possible

I can recommend one that is a bit more than GBP500, I'm sure you will get recommendations closer to your target, but... I can strongly recommend the AEON in the GBP625 range.

The AEON from MrSpeakers.com is a really fine closed headphone (USD799). Assuming you are purchasing in, or from, UK so you will have to check availability and any other costs involved. Advance orders were completed recently and the HPs are in stock now. Rather than give you additional details here, you can go to the AEON thread.
This was my post at time I was comparing the AEON with the Sony Z1R (much more expensive), excuse the enthusiasm. :)

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...netic-headphone.833820/page-124#post-13533618

I will say here that the isolation is very, very good, as is the comfort, but the soundstage is remarkable. Of course, go back to beginning of the thread for best info.
You will also find some comparisons in the thread to the PM3, much less expensive (USD399), that might serve your purpose, it is a very good HP but not in the same class as AEON IMHO.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #5,625 of 5,854
DAVID!
Please share some insight as to where you have been!
Also, are you planning on updating the list?

A David Mahler recommendation is as GOOD AS GOLD :D. I like in his bio, that he has/had perfect pitch matched with his experience with all those mystical cans of exotic materials and engineering, and the fact he's directly working in the studio and making music, and like

WA WA WEE WAH.
giphy.gif

I am like you waiting for his updates !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back