Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Aug 10, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #5,281 of 5,854
  I recently noticed that headphone I need is have to be euphoric.
TH900 is my most euphoric headphone currently.
I really need a most euphoric headphone ever made ranking table.
Does anyone know the most euphoric headphone ever made? 
Thank you.

In the first posts of this thread, on the main review, use your browser to search for "euphonic" and "euphoric" and locate the headphones that are described as such.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #5,283 of 5,854
In the first posts of this thread, on the main review, use your browser to search for "euphonic" and "euphoric" and locate the headphones that are described as such.

The Audeze line would fill the euphonic need as well.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #5,285 of 5,854
now i know 
#4 SONY: MDR-R10 (bass-heavy) is ​
one of most euphonic headphone ever. 
but used MDR-R10 is too expensive for me.
so I did EQed my SR-009 to bass heavy. EQing seems work very fine.
Bass boost digital EQing make sound very euphonic.

Aug 11, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #5,286 of 5,854
Now that I think about it.... Whouldnt is be smart for sennheiser to make the Orpheus again?
With todays improvments in production, its possible the set would be chaper than when originally sold.

Aug 11, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #5,287 of 5,854
  Now that I think about it.... Whouldnt is be smart for sennheiser to make the Orpheus again?
With todays improvments in production, its possible the set would be chaper than when originally sold.

You'd think, right? They could even partner with the current makers of electrostatic amps.

Ditto for Sony and the R10.

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #5,288 of 5,854

Aside from the rumors of the successor to the Orpheus costing $40,000-50,000...it seems unlikely that Sennheiser would start making the original Orpheus again, much less at a lower price. Plus that could drive down the value of the original units, which sell for over $10,000 for the headphone alone nowadays.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #5,293 of 5,854
Im quite curious on David List of how low (according to some people) the STAX 507 lands.
I was expecting it to be at the level of the HE-6, Senn hd800, but above LCD 2 and and beyerdynamic T1.
I know that this list is not to be taken too literally, but still :D.

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #5,294 of 5,854
  Im quite curious on David List of how low (according to some people) the STAX 507 lands.
I was expecting it to be at the level of the HE-6, Senn hd800, but above LCD 2 and and beyerdynamic T1.
I know that this list is not to be taken too literally, but still :D.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses, which are graciously covered in detail here. Which ones matter the most to you will determine your personal ranking for headphones. Transparency and realism (especially sounding like real instruments) are most important to me, so that's one reason I like the SR-207 more overall than non-electrostatic flagships. A few of its weaknesses are that it doesn't have quite enough bass (but still almost there), it's slightly bright, and it lacks physical impact and weight of texture. EQ may solve some of these problems. However, I found that with my STAX SRM-212 amp, it distorts when I boost the bass substantially with EQ. Probably just needs a stronger amp. Anyway, the SR-507 is ranked 18th in David's review.

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #5,295 of 5,854
Aside from the rumors of the successor to the Orpheus costing $40,000-50,000...it seems unlikely that Sennheiser would start making the original Orpheus again, much less at a lower price. Plus that could drive down the value of the original units, which sell for over $10,000 for the headphone alone nowadays.

Senenheiser could really care less about resale value on a discontinued item. They are focused on maximizing revenue and profit for their shareholders, if they can make an Orpheous successor, that will profit the company, they will do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back