The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 8, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #6,316 of 12,991
All it takes is wattage :D

I got a new power amp for my home stereo - 255 watts per channel - after 4 hours of sitting in front of it with the aggressive sub-bass boost I was so exhausted from the bass rattling my chest I had to try it with no EQ. the bass was still unbelievable!

i remember with the SZ2000 using sub bass eq + a powerful amp would have those cans awful close to vibrating off your face!!!

The amp's frequency response extends to 5Hz so it was really pumping out the sub bass :basshead:

"I got a new power amp for my home stereo..." DESCRIPTIONS MAN. - DESCRIPTIONS! Name, rank, and serial of the amp you're playing with. :wink:
Sounds awesome Sir! My SZ2000s may be getting a new desktop/rack sized playmate, so I'm all about the happy when people are rockin' the sub to great effect.

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #6,317 of 12,991
"I got a new power amp for my home stereo..." DESCRIPTIONS MAN. - DESCRIPTIONS! Name, rank, and serial of the amp you're playing with. :wink:
Sounds awesome Sir! My SZ2000s may be getting a new desktop/rack sized playmate, so I'm all about the happy when people are rockin' the sub to great effect.

Already posted it in one other thread but here it is :)

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #6,318 of 12,991
I orfered the Fiio E17 a few days ago just got it and its awesome. However I mainly wanted it because it had the ability to send a line signal. I wanted this so I could use it with my Vector Research amp which can only take line out signal. What can I do to make this possible?

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #6,319 of 12,991
I orfered the Fiio E17 a few days ago just got it and its awesome. However I mainly wanted it because it had the ability to send a line signal. I wanted this so I could use it with my Vector Research amp which can only take line out signal. What can I do to make this possible?

Use a 3.5 to Y split cable from the line out to amp.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #6,320 of 12,991
Just ordered sz2000, if you see any pads out there, please let me know...
normal_smile .gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #6,322 of 12,991
Just get a set of ham 55x, swap the pads, give the hams with the sz2000 pads away?

Let guests that "You don't want to stay for too long" wear them!  
wink_face.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #6,323 of 12,991
Any of you guys test Innerfidelity hall of fame close back headphones with the paper test?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed

In particular, the Shure SRH1540, Oppo PM-3, or the NAD VISO HP50?
Tyll really likes these headphones, but I can't trust him when he say's the headphone have plenty of bass. To him plenty could mean a slight tickle, not a head shaking experience.

I Loved my Fostex TH-900, but damnit, it was it open back. At best semi-closed.

I need a true closed back headphone & the Fostex triplets are a no go for that. The SZ2000 I owned also felt a tad too veiled for me. Looking for something with higher resolution like the Fostex cans.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #6,325 of 12,991
  Any of you guys test Innerfidelity hall of fame close back headphones with the paper test?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed

In particular, the Shure SRH1540, Oppo PM-3, or the NAD VISO HP50?
Tyll really likes these headphones, but I can't trust him when he say's the headphone have plenty of bass. To him plenty could mean a slight tickle, not a head shaking experience.

I Loved my Fostex TH-900, but damnit, it was it open back. At best semi-closed.

I need a true closed back headphone & the Fostex triplets are a no go for that. The SZ2000 I owned also felt a tad too veiled for me. Looking for something with higher resolution like the Fostex cans.

None of those pound. Heard them all. Ever heard the JVC HP-DX1000? The treble is a lot smoother/subdued compared to the TH900 but it's actually closer and has awesome bass.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #6,326 of 12,991

None of those pound. Heard them all. Ever heard the JVC HP-DX1000? The treble is a lot smoother/subdued compared to the TH900 but it's actually closer and has awesome bass.

I been looking to try a DX1000, but the DX2000 on the classified is a bit too much for me, especially since the extra price for it is just the cosmetics.
The ones on eBay are also all brand new ones at MSRP & the resell on these used aren't that quick from what I gathered since they are kinda of obscure.

I'm hoping I can find another used one, but I haven't seen one in a few months now.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #6,327 of 12,991

I been looking to try a DX1000, but the DX2000 on the classified is a bit too much for me, especially since the extra price for it is just the cosmetics.
The ones on eBay are also all brand new ones at MSRP & the resell on these used aren't that quick from what I gathered since they are kinda of obscure.

I'm hoping I can find another used one, but I haven't seen one in a few months now.

If you find a used DX1000 is good condition, it'll run you ~$450-$500. So yep, you'd be paying $100 extra for the exclusivity and looks of the DX2000.

I like black and already knew I loved the headphone, so I splurged and got the anniversary edition.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #6,328 of 12,991
Im looking at the Vmoda Lp2 and the Sennheiser Urbanite XL. I can get them at 110$. That is my budget, i dont have any FLAC files, and i listen to mostly hip hop, ill be driving with my cell phone. So, do either require an amp to get most out of them? Any advice on those, or any other headphones in the price range of around 100$ would be fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back