The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 21, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #6,347 of 12,992
The following is a comment I typed and opted not to post cuz...meh....
Almost pointless but it was a point being made so I will post it here.

"Aria custom’s sub bass is legendary"

Legendary? Is this company related to another with a legendary bass performance history (kinda like ASG) Honest question because I searched and found just this set.

"extended bass response that avoids venturing into basshead territory"

Got some reviewers in here so this is for everybody.

The Basshead/Bass head   term for folks between 50 and 15 is a porting of the term donned by folks like myself who used dedicated drivers of large size and most often crossed over at 60Hz sometimes up to 80 but often 60 to 45. That is the Sub-bass region.  If somebody wanted to listen to most anything they would cross over up to 120 to play any genre. I played Earth Wind and Fire or Pachelbel  Canon along with Hip hop just fine with a 55Hz x over and my MB quart mids picking up 55+.

Nobody likes bloat.

Bassheads do not like muddy messes that interfere with male vocals as most rappers are male and there is plenty of info there. A snappy drum kick is just as desired by a basshead as an audiophile but we have to eq cut our giant slope in sub bass to go in the flat territory from 250 all the way to 1k depending on the drivers.

I have been watching for 2+ years while folks say "Bassheads would like these" or "These are not basshead"  There are no off the rack basshead IEM or over ear. None. Beats by Dre kids are not bassheads. The very definition of basshead excludes them.

All items that are basshead are amped and EQ boosted. If a company pre tunes drivers to create a bloat that ruins the mids and leaves little amp headroom they appeal to no basshead. FOSTEX and Denon and others are enjoyed by audiophiles and bassheads because it is not about what headphones do but it is about what they can do.

The terms Audiophile and Basshead were around before this site and the internet and one of those 2 has been totally messed up and twisted.

My car had and has silky smooth mids made by MB Quart dedicated drivers.

Sub-bass is basshead not 80Hz...not 90,100 110 Hz

60,50,40,30,35,34,33,.....THAT is basshead.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #6,348 of 12,992
And what you're saying is even more apparent with edm genres so popular nowadays. It's tough being a edm basshead because we're constantly on the search for headphones that are basshead level but can do everything else well too. To quote my mom "that music sounds like a million different sounds in a blender."

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #6,349 of 12,992
Today I was bored so I decided to do a test with my m100 that I bought a few months ago.

I'll try another day to test with some of my favorite songs .
I would like to do the test with the song: On my level but It was already quite seen out there.
Maybe with the song: Oxy cotton or another music from DJ JD.

Cheers!

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #6,350 of 12,992
My sz1k arrived yesterday. Holy long shipping time Batman! It took 30 days on the dot from Japan to Seattle. That's ridiculous. I order ecig stuff from China and usually get it within a week.

Sadly my Cayin is on it's way back to Amazon for warranty so I can't give the sz1k a proper flogging. My new c5 should be here any day. But without an amp they hit harder and reach deeper than my m100's. This thing is exceptional with bass texture especially the type that decays slowly. It's not as good with very fast continuous bass, but remember it's unamped right now so I'll see how it does when my amp comes back. For fast bass I always reach for my xb90's.

If l have to sum the sz1k up in 1 word it's effortless. Where my m100's sometimes feel like they're at their limit the sz1k feels like it's hardly trying. Like it's saying "Give me an amp or let me go back to bed."

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #6,352 of 12,992
What the heck i want these..
biggrin.gif

http://www.sciencealert.com/headphones-that-get-you-high-are-tipped-to-go-on-sale-next-month

What?  I have no words for this, but for some reason I want to try these just to see if it works.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #6,354 of 12,992
what happens if you don't get headphones in the next 24 hours do you turn into a pumpkin?

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #6,356 of 12,992
well got the  JVC HA-SZ2000 a few days ago and gotta say I love them. Threw on the brainwavz pads (cut the mesh out) and these things rock. Listening to electronic music has taken on an entirely different dimension. What happens with these after 100 hours burn-in? 

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #6,357 of 12,992
well got the [COLOR=6A6A6A] JVC HA-SZ2000 a few days ago and gotta say I love them. Threw on the brainwavz pads (cut the mesh out) and these things rock. Listening to electronic music has taken on an entirely different dimension. What happens with these after 100 hours burn-in? [/COLOR]

It's amazing how much better they got when swapping out pads. Kinda can't believe they shipped them with the stock ones. Wish I could comment on the burn in, I ended up selling mine to fund some other IEMS while back. Miss em though.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #6,360 of 12,992
only thing with these JVC's is the cable is so short. What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back