The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 3, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #6,286 of 12,991
The bass is pretty comparable between the fostex and denon line, the real difference is in the mids, highs, treble and soundstage. The th900 is superior to all of them, but not by a huge margin and definitely not for the price

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #6,288 of 12,991
This m-100 paired with the cayin is a lot of fun. I'm glad you guys talking me into getting this instead of the ath m-50x. I've been using them at work for the last 2 days and was smiling the whole time.

Congrats. That is a very nice combo!
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #6,289 of 12,991
+2, Cayin C5 with the M100 is a fantastic bass head combo.

Scratch that, the C5 paired with almost anything can be a good combination.

And before I get crucified by rest of headfi, even the HD800 seems to hit hard from it. A very mellow sounding combo.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #6,293 of 12,991
Some of Momma's faves for the Basshead Weekend - Always Pac in Da House

The classic...He wanna be loved like Pac...I loved this one: Fiddy In Da Club. This is how I test all my headphones. When it comes to headphones: You no pass Fiddy, you no come in my house! ROTFLOL

Indulge me here: I know we've come to love the electronic enhancement of bass production. But I'm also a bass player lover basshead. Here are some homies in the persons of Graham Central Station led by iconic bass player great, Larry Graham. A buddy of mine Butch Sam is killin' the keyboards (Butch was an original member and sadly passed away in 2010. RIParadise)! Larry Graham's fingering is a bass lover's dream. He is the father of Thump. Larry Graham is one of my 3 all-time bass player faves. The other two are Stanley Clarke and a buddy of mine from Queens...Marcus Miller. I just love 'em!!! Larry Graham's Graham Central Station: Release Yourself!

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #6,294 of 12,991

The classic...He wanna be loved like Pac...I loved this one: Fiddy In Da Club. This is how I test all my headphones. When it comes to headphones: You no pass Fiddy, you no come in my house! ROTFLOL

Indulge me here: I know we've come to love the electronic enhancement of bass production. But I'm also a bass player lover basshead. Here are some homies in the persons of Graham Central Station led by iconic bass player great, Larry Graham. A buddy of mine Butch Sam is killin' the keyboards (Butch was an original member and sadly passed away in 2010. RIParadise)! Larry Graham's fingering is a bass lover's dream. He is the father of Thump. Larry Graham is one of my 3 all-time bass player faves. The other two are Stanley Clarke and a buddy of mine from Queens...Marcus Miller. I just love 'em!!! Larry Graham's Graham Central Station: Release Yourself!

Thanks for sharing.  Just added more to the collection. 

Love that funk!

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #6,295 of 12,991

Didn't know MM was from Queens!  I'm a NY native myself - and LOVE his music!  Absolutely my favorite bassist.  Thanks for sharing. 

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #6,296 of 12,991

Didn't know MM was from Queens!  I'm a NY native myself - and LOVE his music!  Absolutely my favorite bassist.  Thanks for sharing. 

Yes he is! So are Lenny White (Drummer, Return To Forever etc) and Omar Hakim - Drummer w/Sting, and Journey; Tom Browne - Trumpet (Dave Grusin etc), 'Nard Wright - Keyboard prodigy - They were all a part of the "Cats" from Jamaica Queens.  Here is a cut from Tom Browne's hit Funkin' for Jamaica that features Marcus Miller on Bass and 'Nard on keyboards

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #6,298 of 12,991
Don't think that this list is up to date.. Have tried quite a few bass headphones and think that the Sony Sony MDRV55 are great - which are actually made for DJs and music professionals - and have been ranked highly at cnet.com and http://headphonescompared.com/best-bass-headphones/  Cheers Marc.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #6,299 of 12,991
This m-100 paired with the cayin is a lot of fun. I'm glad you guys talking me into getting this instead of the ath m-50x. I've been using them at work for the last 2 days and was smiling the whole time.

Gratz!

You're in for a world of FINE!  (Like Velma from Scooby Doo without that STUPID sweater...)

JINKIES!

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #6,300 of 12,991
  Don't think that this list is up to date.. Have tried quite a few bass headphones and think that the Sony Sony MDRV55 are great - which are actually made for DJs and music professionals - and have been ranked highly at cnet.com and http://headphonescompared.com/best-bass-headphones/  Cheers Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back