The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #6,256 of 12,991
Thanks for the response mate. So what phone would you recommend? Or based on a phones specs how can I know? Is it a hardware thing or a software thing like the eq you mentioned? Compared to that video review how similar would the bass go with that amp and new device? Also I'm really curious to know what Jet Effects is aha. Excuse my questions and Thank you :)
I can't recommend a phone specifically, I can only give you my experiences with phones I have. My wife has an iPhone 6+, I have a an s6 edge, and I use an htc m8 for a dedicated music player. I spent a few hours the other night comparing them. I used my cayin c5, xb90 iems & sony mdr500, with varying quality music.

The iPhone had the clearest and most fun sound. Everything from every source just popped and I spent less time thinking about the sound and just enjoying the music. I didn't have to fiddle with eq settings to get a sound I liked.

The s6 was very close behind the iPhone and would have taken the top spot but lower quality music didn't sound as nice. I had to adjust eq a little to get the bass I like.

The m8 came in last by a long shot. Everything wasn't as clear as the other phones and bass wasn't tight and controlled. I couldn't get the bass to tighten up even with eq. BUT, and this is a huge but, this is a completely different story when I rooted and used viper4android. After doing this and messing with the settings I got the sound quality of the iPhone and the fantastic bass of the s6.

So, moral of the story? Choose a phone you can root so you can use viper4android, or find an dap that's android based. Check out hbb's video on viper4android, it has more settings than you'll know what to do with. For me, this set up is the final step before getting a quality dac.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #6,257 of 12,991
Calling someone a dicc..must be some bitchassnigga's who got no game and no balls. Who gives a fucc what their audio source is and which headphones they use. Haters gonna hate..

Chris recommends the best affordable audiogear for bassheads and replies to every user queries asked on this thread and that's what we like. He's devoted and true to the game and on the other side people spend few hundred dollars on audiogear and act like they are wizards..so funny!

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #6,261 of 12,991
My apologies for misinterpreting what you said.

We all good

But yeah this was the wild wild west back then
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still a dick bro.

When I got Contributor all the other Contributors sent me a PM asking how I got it.

Noticed they were congratulating each other in open thread when they got it but a basshead ...nah, I just got private PM's from folks that never liked me and still don't. I got banned for a week btw and cb got perma banned.

So **** you!

Give me a hug now.

Ask my 4th grade teacher...she called me a dick. It was pretty clear at a young age. I'm good at it though.

And a CONTRIBUTOR on Head-Fi....... how the haters feelin' ?
Aaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!

February list coming up

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #6,263 of 12,991

I'm still a dick bro.

When I got Contributor all the other Contributors sent me a PM asking how I got it.

Noticed they were congratulating each other in open thread when they got it but a basshead ...nah, I just got private PM's from folks that never liked me and still don't. I got banned for a week btw and cb got perma banned.

So **** you!

Give me a hug now.

Ask my 4th grade teacher...she called me a dick. It was pretty clear at a young age. I'm good at it though.

And a CONTRIBUTOR on Head-Fi....... how the haters feelin' ?
Aaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!

February list coming up

What a ******* *******.....
biggrin.gif

I read his comment the same way you did, almost said something, then reread and understood what he meant. Bassheads rock!!! One big happy fam!

Yup felt like an ******* after I came back and reread it..... Little bit of HB rubbed off on me

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #6,266 of 12,991
I can't recommend a phone specifically, I can only give you my experiences with phones I have. My wife has an iPhone 6+, I have a an s6 edge, and I use an htc m8 for a dedicated music player. I spent a few hours the other night comparing them. I used my cayin c5, xb90 iems & sony mdr500, with varying quality music.

The iPhone had the clearest and most fun sound. Everything from every source just popped and I spent less time thinking about the sound and just enjoying the music. I didn't have to fiddle with eq settings to get a sound I liked.

The s6 was very close behind the iPhone and would have taken the top spot but lower quality music didn't sound as nice. I had to adjust eq a little to get the bass I like.

The m8 came in last by a long shot. Everything wasn't as clear as the other phones and bass wasn't tight and controlled. I couldn't get the bass to tighten up even with eq. BUT, and this is a huge but, this is a completely different story when I rooted and used viper4android. After doing this and messing with the settings I got the sound quality of the iPhone and the fantastic bass of the s6.

So, moral of the story? Choose a phone you can root so you can use viper4android, or find an dap that's android based. Check out hbb's video on viper4android, it has more settings than you'll know what to do with. For me, this set up is the final step before getting a quality dac.

No offense, but this very much sounds to me like wishful thinking. M8 sounds worst to you, but you wanted to justify your choice, so you found a way how to be biased about it.
If viper4android improves the sound for you on M8, then it will improve it even further with S6. Also, based on numerous output sound measurements, all of these phones have pretty much flat freq response (when EQ is turned off in settings). So by messing with it you might perceive it as better SQ, but you're technically making it worse.
If your headphones aren't natural sounding or you don't like their signature, then that's yet another factor.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #6,268 of 12,991
No offense, but this very much sounds to me like wishful thinking. M8 sounds worst to you, but you wanted to justify your choice, so you found a way how to be biased about it.
If viper4android improves the sound for you on M8, then it will improve it even further with S6. Also, based on numerous output sound measurements, all of these phones have pretty much flat freq response (when EQ is turned off in settings). So by messing with it you might perceive it as better SQ, but you're technically making it worse.
If your headphones aren't natural sounding or you don't like their signature, then that's yet another factor.
I don't understand what choice you think I'm justifying. The m8 was my old phone and rather than have it collect dust in a drawer I use it as a music player. That way I'm not constantly draining the battery on my phone (the s6).

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #6,269 of 12,991
I don't understand what choice you think I'm justifying. The m8 was my old phone and rather than have it collect dust in a drawer I use it as a music player. That way I'm not constantly draining the battery on my phone (the s6).

The choice of using it as your music player?

Bottom line, you can play with EQ on any phone, but comparing EQed phone to untouched one is unfair and very inaccurate to say the least and it actually has nothing to do with the actual SQ (FR doesn't alter the quality of output).

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #6,270 of 12,991
Oh man! I thought that the Kannons were coming in for a tie at the #1 slot...Sharing a spot with the undisputed king of thump..the SZ2000's. No, huh?

I gotta hold it in my hands and play them both again with the intent to compare. As it was and stated in my vid it feels an equal and has better mids but it's not in production yet and when it is made I will buy it at the discounted price that pre sign up list offers.
What if ....God forbid...the item gets jammed up and stalled/delayed or altered? Then the list is a joke.
If it does what it did....it will go where it should...next to the Sz2k.

No shame in sitting next to the XB1000..70mm Godfather of Bass headphones. It's taxiing to the runway (on the list).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back