The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 7, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #6,303 of 12,991
Should we drown or kill the witch HBB?

That list is so  ****ed up.

The SZ would not be top 20 without an amp and based on the list it (the list) was not using an amp so they just gleaned the net and gathered their own little list.

Very bizarre.

No burn or kill....the list gets the burn

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #6,307 of 12,991
I think Velma has been moonlighting.
tumblr_nmkasweFFV1tfy194o2_500.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #6,308 of 12,991
Pay no mind to that guy.  He made an account yesterday and his first post was in here.  He is either a troll or someone trying to drive traffic into their site.

The Top 10 on this thread is unique.  It was created based on using an amp.  All the other lists out there are based off of non-amping.  Amping headphones is still new to the mainstream.

Amps and Cars, goes hand in hand.

Amps and headphones, What?!

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #6,309 of 12,991
I think Velma has been moonlighting.
tumblr_nmkasweFFV1tfy194o2_500.gif

LOL

Ummm.... Velma's "pre-teen" little sister maybe?

Bottom line. This gear is going to turn heads and change attitudes on what sounds "good". One day, when I win the lottery, I'll see what the next level sounds like. But I seriously don't see an Orpheus in my near future.

But dedicating my photo studio to double as a music room, THAT can happen now. I'm thinking of setting it up to shake so hard that I'm going to nickname it "The San Andreas Room". :D

I need serious help, don't I?

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #6,310 of 12,991
LOL

Ummm.... Velma's "pre-teen" little sister maybe?

Bottom line. This gear is going to turn heads and change attitudes on what sounds "good". One day, when I win the lottery, I'll see what the next level sounds like. But I seriously don't see an Orpheus in my near future.

But dedicating my photo studio to double as a music room, THAT can happen now. I'm thinking of setting it up to shake so hard that I'm going to nickname it "The San Andreas Room".
biggrin.gif

I need serious help, don't I?

Help? As in you need help to build your room, of course

Help, as in we have a Bass problem?

Only doctor for that problem is this guy

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #6,312 of 12,991
Well, I just remembered this thread. Long time no see!

In case you missed it, a few weeks ago I released Version 4.0 of my EQ presets with 2 sets of 590 of them. It sounds a lot better, has a lot more options, and is a lot easier to use.

To sum it up, the V-Moda M-100 headphones naturally have an 8-dB low-end sub-bass boost by themselves, the Cayin C5 amp boosts the low end by 5.5 dB, Rockbox firmware on an iPod Classic has a +12 dB bass feature, and on top of all that -- separately -- DiscoProJoe’s Rockbox EQ Presets can boost the low-end sub-bass by as much as 36.5 dB. 8 + 5.5 + 12 + 36.5 = up to 62 dB of possible low-end sub-bass boost with good clarity and soundstage! It’s awesome. 
L3000.gif

If you have Rockbox firmware on your music player (which I have on my iPod Classic), you can have the best basshead experience in the world with awesome sound quality to go with it!  Here's the link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/795363/discoprojoe-s-rockbox-eq-presets-version-4-0-complete-user-guide

Happy Bassheadin'....

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #6,313 of 12,991
Feb 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #6,315 of 12,991
My doctor prescribed a more powerful amp, and voila no more itching!

All it takes is wattage :D

I got a new power amp for my home stereo - 255 watts per channel - after 4 hours of sitting in front of it with the aggressive sub-bass boost I was so exhausted from the bass rattling my chest I had to try it with no EQ. the bass was still unbelievable!

i remember with the SZ2000 using sub bass eq + a powerful amp would have those cans awful close to vibrating off your face!!!

The amp's frequency response extends to 5Hz so it was really pumping out the sub bass
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back