The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #6,271 of 12,991

I gotta hold it in my hands and play them both again with the intent to compare. As it was and stated in my vid it feels an equal and has better mids but it's not in production yet and when it is made I will buy it at the discounted price that pre sign up list offers.
What if ....God forbid...the item gets jammed up and stalled/delayed or altered? Then the list is a joke.
If it does what it did....it will go where it should...next to the Sz2k.

No shame in sitting next to the XB1000..70mm Godfather of Bass headphones. It's taxiing to the runway (on the list).

Makes sense. You can't give a final review on something that may have changes made before it drops at launch. As for me, the XB's would be a no, due to aesthetics. I'm not into the Princess Leia look in my cans...I mean, I like Star Wars and everything...I just don't want to look like a cast member! ROTFLOL (J/K). At least the KANNONs have another shot once they are launched. May the Force be with them. The only thing is, I wish that they were bluetooth 
frown.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #6,273 of 12,991
  Makes sense. You can't give a final review on something that may have changes made before it drops at launch. As for me, the XB's would be a no, due to aesthetics. I'm not into the Princess Leia look in my cans...I mean, I like Star Wars and everything...I just don't want to look like a cast member! ROTFLOL (J/K). At least the KANNONs have another shot once they are launched. May the Force be with them. The only thing is, I wish that they were bluetooth 
frown.gif

Final tweaks and adjusts can be huge in a good and bad way. I don't know anything more than you with regards to what a final production unit will look or sound like. Looking forward to it but last minute changes are not rare. After all that is done and it does what it did then it gets the list love.

So I am with you....waiting
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #6,274 of 12,991
After exactly one year of near daily use my HA-SZ2000s just broke. The joint that attaches the left earcup to the headband snapped and it sounds like **** now since it's not creating a proper seal. Anyone have experience getting them shipped back to Japan? I bought them from the J-Made vendor on Amazon and their reply was basically that I'm gonna have to pay for repairs.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #6,275 of 12,991
After exactly one year of near daily use my HA-SZ2000s just broke. The joint that attaches the left earcup to the headband snapped and it sounds like **** now since it's not creating a proper seal. Anyone have experience getting them shipped back to Japan? I bought them from the J-Made vendor on Amazon and their reply was basically that I'm gonna have to pay for repairs.

whoa the first reported broken pair it's not even the drivers... As hard as we drive these can't believe there's no driver failure yet. I say just get a new pair. They are relatively cheap now

Well I Hurst is how much they charge first. Its about 20 to ship it to Japan from US

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #6,276 of 12,991
whoa the first reported broken pair it's not even the drivers... As hard as we drive these can't believe there's no driver failure yet. I say just get a new pair. They are relatively cheap now

Well I Hurst is how much they charge first. Its about 20 to ship it to Japan from US

Only 20?!
eek.gif
man every time I look at intl shipping it seems absurdly expensive... who do you use?

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #6,277 of 12,991
I think the weight restriction for first class international just went up a little bit, but you'd still be paying nearly $50 to send them to Japan from the USA.

I still need new pads on mine... I thought about getting the cheap ones with the recommended pads and giving those with the SZ2000 pads on it away, but I'd be a horrible person for giving anyone else SZ2000 pads on a headphone...

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #6,279 of 12,991
Man has anyone ever fit Beyer pads on a sz2k? I felt like my dt990 pads would have if I stretched them just slightly... didn't want to damage them and velour isn't the best for bass anyway.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #6,280 of 12,991
Man has anyone ever fit Beyer pads on a sz2k? I felt like my dt990 pads would have if I stretched them just slightly... didn't want to damage them and velour isn't the best for bass anyway.

Yes, somebody did do that. If you look through the image gallery of the SZ thread you can find em. They barely fit but they did fit.

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #6,285 of 12,991
The bass goes up in price with Fostex but not by huge amounts so I wouldn't say it's worth the additional cost. You may want different pads as I found the stock X00 ear holes too small and the stock 600/900 ear holes too big. I'm using Lawton Audio pads with no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back