The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #2,146 of 12,991
I was lounging just catching up on some Jennifer Lawrence news on the net... you know... ... when my replacement pads came in after 2 wks/$ 8.00 shipping .

This was the first track I played and my cans were like .

The end.

Epilogue: You might want to put the volume up gradually .

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #2,147 of 12,991
 I was lounging just catching up on some Jennifer Lawrence news on the net... you know... ... when my replacement pads came in after 2 wks/$ 8.00 shipping .

This was the first track I played and my cans were like.

The end.

Epilogue: You might want to put the volume up gradually .

What replacement pads you get for what headcans dude?

edit: not so keen on the Deftones track but liking the Deadmau5 remix track 
cool.gif

SOFI needs a ladder - hell yeah 
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #2,150 of 12,991
I have only recently come to the realization that I am a basshead at heart. I look over my collection and it is pretty well canted in the direction of solid low frequency reproduction.... (all you have to do is look at the collection in my sig or profile)

My dilemma...

Everything I own is IEM - I have thousands invested in TOTL CIEMs and IEMs.... I have absolutely ZERO full size headphones. Let me tell you why... I love the slam that I get from a high end BA or DD or Hybrid Inner Ear Monitor...

I know dick about full sized cans... But I find myself at my computer for 75% of the time I listen to music through headphones and I think it is maybe time to branch out. What I do know is I need them to be closed back - I cannot crank up a set of open cans at home - for one, it would be a distraction to others in the household. It also might be disconcerting to my children who have a different picture of Dad - he isn't one who would be blasting "Bodies" by the Sex Pistols or any of a number of Iggy Pop tunes... (Raw Power & **** In My Pocket are favorites)

But seriously, I would like to find a full size set with bass that rivals the impact and speed of my 1plus2's and JH16's - I figure I would also need a nice amp to drive them - any amp should be able to have a gain setting that allows for my IEM collection .....

$1000 - $1500 for the both could be had with a little shifting of priorities (and maybe a sale of an IEM or two)

I love the immediacy and impact of my IEMs - is that available in a full size closed back can?

Sounds like you've had what alcoholics call a "moment of clarity" - :beerchug:

I'd recommend you audition the FOSTEX TH600, though unsure of what amp to recommend that would be suitable for your IEM's.​

aka: The Dark Destroyer :veryevil:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/9p1LzXRTedk[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ABYgPOmpm1o[/VIDEO]

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #2,152 of 12,991
Searching the internet and I come across some other top bass headphones list, and what I find shocks me.

How in the world did the X10 make a list?

I think the X10's are the same as the 910's which are a credible basshead can, but what I find shocking is Momentums at No.2 and SONY MDR-1R's at No.3 on their chart - like What?

Pretty ironic they've listed V-MODA M-100's at No.1 after recent events - maybe they should have auditioned the Kraken Pro's beforehand :D

Whomever collated that bogus bass chart - they just ate cheezburger :D

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #2,153 of 12,991
I think the X10's are the same as the 910's which are a credible basshead can, but what I find shocking is Momentums at No.2 and SONY MDR-1R's at No.3 on their chart - like What?

Pretty ironic they've listed V-MODA M-100's at No.1 after recent events - maybe they should have auditioned the Kraken Pro's beforehand
biggrin.gif

Aaaaah ya beat me to it!!
biggrin.gif

Did one person compare them?
What was the universal test track?
What was the hardware?
What were the settings?

On the bright side...yeah....​
KRAKEN just took the top spot !!! 
L3000.gif
 ​

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #2,154 of 12,991
Aaaaah ya beat me to it!!:D

Did one person compare them? Probably not as chart creator was likely a space cadet, not bass cadet:popcorn:
What was the universal test track? [COLOR =red] Justin Bieber's Greatest Bass Schiits?[/COLOR]:confused_face_2:
What was the hardware? ? NONE GIVEN - THINK ITS A GUESSING GAME :blink:
What were the settings? SEE ABOVE ^:confused:

On the bright side...yeah....​
KRAKEN just took the top spot !!! :L3000:

Notes: WhoTF are these bass shysters trolling the interwebs with bogus bass cans lists?

Just No.3 MDR-1R *facepalm* - it's a decent can in its own right, as are the Momentums, but basshead basscans recommended - just NO

Crazier than hamster mixin on the wheels of steel

2vni71g.gif

Pump Up The Bass Jam?​

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/9EcjWd-O4jI[/VIDEO]

"I wa, a place to stay, get you're booty on the floor tonight, make my day" (etc) :D

*Love this old skooler tune - lyrics - so deep* :wink:

I rec the Yamaha Pro 500's for this track for that "in the club" kinda bass jam :L3000:

You really get that "bass in your face" feel with the Yammy's...:blink:

Me with my Yammy's - these cans should be on any self respecting bass headphone listing as highly recommended.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/oBVHnpR32pM[/VIDEO]​

:cool:THINK BEATS STUDIO's ON STEROIDS & YOU GET THE PICTURE:cool:
FOR MORE INFO ON YAMAHA PRO 500's, GO HERE

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/HUQZfCXzV0M[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/XYwjRuwZa2E[/VIDEO]

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #2,155 of 12,991
Sep 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #2,156 of 12,991
Looks like it is time for someone to give these (NEW SONYS!!) the proper basshead test:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728006/sonys-new-flagship-2014/255#post_10850409

Cool, SONY's press centre finally releases photos of their new Z7 headphone - looks pretty nice IMO - closed back with aluminium coated 70mm drivers :L3000:

Download-File

This post shows driver details off: http://www.head-fi.org/t/728006/sonys-new-flagship-2014/315#post_10851128

But reading posts by HifiGuy528 - the Z7 isn't the flagship - the king apparently is coming :basshead:

These Z7 have serious potential to be something along the lines of TH900 material - or potentially better - closed back design with 70mm drivers - imagine how immense the TH900 would be if it sported 70mm's instead of its current 50's :basshead: :cool:

This could be SONY's most Epic move, though I've a feeling the mystery "king" that's upcoming but shrouded in mystery could very well be a top end open back audiophile type headphone - but I'm just guessing on that front.

Apparently the Z7 will sell for approx €599 / $787 / £478

I say HBB goes all ninja stylee :ph34r: and gets to one of his local headphone emporiums with his rig as soon as the Z7 hits the market and does a bass/paper test in store on a live link to this thread as a world exclusive, as I think Japan get new stuff like this first :cool:

He'll probs have to take along a couple of his mates :ph34r: :ph34r: to fight off security trying to stop him, but it would be all in the name of the Extreme Bass Club :D :wink: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/I4fwZbtrAqE[/VIDEO]​

"Feel the Air"

"Soul Shaking Clarity"

Bass?

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #2,157 of 12,991

Cool, SONY's press centre finally releases photos of their new Z7 headphone - looks pretty nice IMO - closed back with aluminium coated 70mm drivers
L3000.gif

Download-File

This post shows driver details off: http://www.head-fi.org/t/728006/sonys-new-flagship-2014/315#post_10851128

But reading posts by HifiGuy528 - the Z7 isn't the flagship - the king apparently is coming
basshead.gif

These Z7 have serious potential to be something along the lines of TH900 material - or potentially better - closed back design with 70mm drivers - imagine how immense the TH900 would be if it sported 70mm's instead of its current 50's
basshead.gif
cool.gif

This could be SONY's most Epic move, though I've a feeling the mystery "king" that's upcoming but shrouded in mystery could very well be a top end open back audiophile type headphone - but I'm just guessing on that front.

I say HBB goes all ninja stylee
ph34r.gif
and gets to one of his local headphone emporiums with his rig as soon as the Z7 hits the market and does a bass/paper test in store on a live link to this thread as a world exclusive, as I think Japan get new stuff like this first
cool.gif

He'll probs have to take along a couple of his mates
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
to fight off security trying to stop him, but it would be all in the name of the Extreme Bass Club
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

"Feel the Air"

"Soul Shaking Clarity"

Bass?

The Sony Z7 will be tried by me maybe this weekend if it's available for demo.

I assume the "King" will be a flagship where "feel the air" won't be the tagline as audiophiles don't flock to anything that over colors any particular area. I'd assume a shot at HD800 and deep pocket fans would be the "King"

I'll go with the "prince"
biggrin.gif

I wanna know the max input for these. I also wanna know the pad and whether or not it's changeable. It looks like Sony's last year's release pads. Very soft.

"Feel the Air"

"Soul Shaking Clarity"

Bass?

Probably. My concern is them hyping an extended response going up not down and that whole additional area being beyond the human hearing range. Well beyond.

It looks like a D2k on steroids.

I give it a test ride  Fujiya and e-earphone are not even advertising it yet so...it's still in the roll out/let the elites of the headphone review world give it a test drive first ....stage

Sep 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #2,158 of 12,991
Damn just had a look at the new sony range of headphones on the uk website wow 4 new basshead headphones and one is a bluetooth nfc capable need to get that and a new xb950 sony's bringing it this year and the z7 looks sweet also will preorder that.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #2,159 of 12,991

Cool, SONY's press centre finally releases photos of their new Z7 headphone - looks pretty nice IMO - closed back with aluminium coated 70mm drivers
L3000.gif

Download-File

But reading posts by HifiGuy528 - the Z7 isn't the flagship - the king apparently is coming
basshead.gif

These Z7 have serious potential to be something along the lines of TH900 material - or potentially better - closed back design with 70mm drivers - imagine how immense the TH900 would be if it sported 70mm's instead of its current 50's
basshead.gif
cool.gif

I say HBB goes all ninja stylee
ph34r.gif
and gets to one of his local headphone emporiums with his rig as soon as the Z7 hits the market and does a bass/paper test in store on a live link to this thread as a world exclusive, as I think Japan get new stuff like this first
cool.gif

He'll probs have to take along a couple of his mates
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
to fight off security trying to stop him, but it would be all in the name of the Extreme Bass Club
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

"Feel the Air"

"Soul Shaking Clarity"

Bass?

The Sony Z7 will be tried by me maybe this weekend if it's available for demo.

I assume the "King" will be a flagship where "feel the air" won't be the tagline as audiophiles don't flock to anything that over colors any particular area. I'd assume a shot at HD800 and deep pocket fans would be the "King"

I'll go with the "prince"
biggrin.gif

I wanna know the max input for these. I also wanna know the pad and whether or not it's changeable. It looks like Sony's last year's release pads. Very soft.

"Feel the Air"

"Soul Shaking Clarity"

Bass?

Probably. My concern is them hyping an extended response going up not down and that whole additional area being beyond the human hearing range. Well beyond.

It looks like a D2k on steroids.

I give it a test ride  Fujiya and e-earphone are not even advertising it yet so...it's still in the roll out/let the elites of the headphone review world give it a test drive first ....stage

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FPp4qb-phrA[/VIDEO]​

:D :p :popcorn:

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #2,160 of 12,991
 ​
 ​
 ​
Quote:​

Originally Posted by Nomax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All i can say to everyone the Z7 is okay in value

Keep your eyes open 2015 will be very very expensiv and for all Guys who Loves REAL FLAGSHIP's Save your MONEY

Sorry my english is to Bad

Regards NOMAX​

Folks are skipping over this in the thread for these but if they are audiophiles they should maybe holdup.

This (The Z7) may well be a basshead can...I really wanna know the max input.
Sony.jp /e-earphone, /Fujiya Avic are not even mentioning these yet.
confused.gif

There is a Fall Headphone meet in Tokyo where they may debut these. 
Japanese get 2 annual bonuses and one comes around December/January and a lot of stuff goes on in the big ticket realm as folks can sign away or make down payments on large items from headphones to Hummers. Nomax is probably Japanese and an audiophile. These are not the big gun for that community 
I do know this guy should be talking about it or another few regular Japan personal audio otaku's.
Very low noise considering they are taking pre orders for a release date I'm not sure of?
If I can get my fingers on some this Sunday I will or ASAP but this is a bit odd.

For the record....click that link and e-earphone is stuffed with Beats vids and they love the stuff for "fun" and the hate in America or other places is simply not shared. As individuals maybe but a money maker is a money maker and that's what it's all about. It's an item to be consumed and we are consumers. They don't put much thought to who the f___ does Dre think he is? or stuff like that.

If these are around 5man and rated to at least 1,500 - 1,800 input I'm jumping in with both feet
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back