The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 16, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #587 of 12,992
Really sorry for the double post. My browser got frozen, and i pressed the submit twice. 
confused_face.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #589 of 12,992

you know I'm going to do this but,
rolleyes.gif

Takes 15 minutes bruh....anytime you're ready
wink.gif

This thread is displaying a form of low frequency response using some powerhouses in the Headphone arena. SPL meter is not going to give you the golden ring. If you wanna know what cans will make your skull vibrate you're in the right place. If you wanna talk about SPL make a thread and use your meter. (everybody gotta buy a meter?....you just need a 1/2 an A4 for this test) Better than that is to upload just one video. Worth 10 times more than word like "validity" and validity is up to the viewer. CB,Newwave, I and other testers are not going to blow our cans to validate anything....sorry.

Easy to critique a mousetrap design.  Even easier to take a vid of your cans using this tests parameters and you push the gain as far as you are comfortable with.

I ain't mad but...c'mon.....validity?

They were and are calling stuff like Q40 "cannons" on this site without any kind of effort to show it.

Bring it on bro!!
biggrin.gif

Nah Man I'm saying before you tell me the Sz2000 has more slam than the XB 700 [which measures pretty epiicly for bass] I want some numbers, :3

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #590 of 12,992
So I bought the JVC HAM55X headphones used to cannibalize the earpads from. I am afraid of screwing up the sound on my SZ2000s. If I take the pads off the SZ2000 to put the HAM55X earpads on, is it easy to go back and put the SZ2000 pads on if it screws up? Does taking the pads off permanently screw up the HZ2000 in other words? Yeah, sorry for the newbie questions but I've never done earpad mods so want to make sure I am not completely screwing up the SZ2000 by trying to.

Also, I want to verify that the HAM55X, theoretically, should make the bass pound harder on the SZ2000. Is that the case?

Thanks for the help. :)

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #591 of 12,992
So I bought the JVC HAM55X headphones used to cannibalize the earpads from. I am afraid of screwing up the sound on my SZ2000s. If I take the pads off the SZ2000 to put the HAM55X earpads on, is it easy to go back and put the SZ2000 pads on if it screws up? Does taking the pads off permanently screw up the HZ2000 in other words? Yeah, sorry for the newbie questions but I've never done earpad mods so want to make sure I am not completely screwing up the SZ2000 by trying to.

Also, I want to verify that the HAM55X, theoretically, should make the bass pound harder on the SZ2000. Is that the case?

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/rxYxgo_PMVs[/VIDEO]​

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #592 of 12,992

No, you will not screw up the pads unless you pull too hard and break them yourself.
They remove pretty easily from the SZ2000 (not sure about the 55X since I never had them).

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #593 of 12,992
No, you will not screw up the pads unless you pull too hard and break them yourself.
They remove pretty easily from the SZ2000 (not sure about the 55X since I never had them).

The 55X pull right off.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #595 of 12,992

Congrats!!
beerchug.gif

Yeah
Watch the video.
They just spin off. Pull them off gently like in the vid but just spin them off and on

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #596 of 12,992
RAZER Kraken  v.s. SKULLCANDY CRUSHER
 ​
 ​

SKULLCANDY CRUSHER
 ​

​
Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Bass slider on crusher cans set to max

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain​
 ​

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
RAZER KRAKEN
 ​
 ​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: HTC One M8 with boomsound, playing Beatsmusic Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: Auvio Amp with high frequency bass boost ​

​
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
CRUSHER...You lose!!
 ​
 ​
 ​

CURRENT TEST PARAMETERS 

1. You must use this track>>>>>>>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmP7TYtDVUU&feature=kp

1. You must use an A4 sized piece of paper cut exactly in half

1. You must state DAP and AMP settings.

Notes:

Can be copied and pasted by other users and added to this post later.

1. 2 drivers giving serious vibe but 50mm Kraken showing their size with vibe and the "paper wave"

1. (your thoughts/disagreements go here)
@NewWaveAudio

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #597 of 12,992
The 55X pull right off.

Big man
Mountain man

Bring those Q40 and lets see them. This is a collection. The battle is for fun and you can question the judges but it's bass impact on the face ghetto testing. (There was nothing before this)
Join us.  We are in the primitive stages....get primitive with us
biggrin.gif

This is a hidden cam vid of cb trying to get the 700Mk2 vid correct
tongue.gif

@cb3723 

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #599 of 12,992
Nah Man I'm saying before you tell me the Sz2000 has more slam than the XB 700 [which measures pretty epiicly for bass] I want some numbers, :3

I've the xb700 and the sz2000 and like them both, but when it comes to bass slam, the sz2000 is in another league when EQed - it just has a lot more in reserve than the xb700..

The only XB series can which could ever be considered next to the sz2000, IMO, is the xb1000, and that's due to its oversized 70mm drivers which ultimately though awesome, just aren't as splendid as the Kelton method as used in the sz2000 to produce floor speaker type bass in earcups.

Trust me, the sz2000 have more bass slam than the xb700 and the bass paper tests are a very good visual demonstration and representation of the respective amount of bass slam for each can :)

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #600 of 12,992
Big man
Mountain man

Bring those Q40 and lets see them. This is a collection. The battle is for fun and you can question the judges but it's bass impact on the face ghetto testing. (There was nothing before this)
Join us.  We are in the primitive stages....get primitive with us:D

This is a hidden cam vid of cb trying to get the 700Mk2 vid correct:p

@cb3723

HaHaHa - I literally laughed out loud - nearly pi**ed myself - lol :D

edit - that cheeky chimp is actually doing a better job than I had with those pesky pro700's - can you hire him as my assistant HBB? He may have the knack to get a good pro700 bass test video done. - at the very least, it would save me going ape :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back