The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 17, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #616 of 12,993
 Beats Bass Test
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
O.K.......this is sick

​
 ​
 ​
The track is 4:12 long of bass.(rec start point at 1:24...of test track, not this video)​
 ​
Fullscreen the vid of course
biggrin.gif
 ​
 ​

Quote:​

Holy Schiit!
What cans are these O.o?! That's just insane.

@kilspeed111

It's a modified HA-MR77x 

Closed the back pole vent/opened 2 diaphragm vents and used Aluminum flashing to back the cups.
They are insane and sound better playing anything. mids are better than original and the bass is nuts. Difficult to see that flutter for what it is in a video. That is just crazy...crazy crazy. My mic is loud and clear but you can barely hear the sound of music...that's just very low bass.

Upper mids and highs come off the face of the diaphragm (mostly) and scatter off and in your ear.
Low freq comes mostly off the face of the diaphragm too but a lot goes backwards which is why I supposed giving it more resistance would shoot more out the front. It works like it is supposed to and really seemed to improve the overall sound. It takes a lot more amp.

The driver wasn't distorting it was resonance and the whole cup and it's contents freaking at high volume. This fixed that.
The video only speaks to bass...but there is a lot of that ...and these were hard hitters before the mod. Now they are nutz.

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #617 of 12,993
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beats Bass Test
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
O.K.......this is sick

​
 ​
 ​
The track is 4:12 long of bass.(rec start point at 1:24...of test track, not this video)​
 ​
Fullscreen the vid of course
biggrin.gif

​

Holy Schiit!
What cans are these O.o?! That's just insane.

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #618 of 12,993
Hello fellow basshead!

I was wondering if the JVC HA-SZ2000 would be suited for dubstep, and just bass music? i'm not really sure how to describe the genre, the songs basically have a bassline, and random noises, clips thrown in. Many people just call the songs a bunch of noise, but for some reason, they really get my jollies off.

Here are two examples  

https://soundcloud.com/ar-the-bushmaster/ar-qwweqeqw

and

https://soundcloud.com/detzkyuk/dtzky-billy-boss-free

These are my playlists, the first and last of which are the music i'm interested in the SZ2000 because of.

https://soundcloud.com/user184579369/sets

I don't think i care whether or not my skull rattles, i more care about the sound, and the bass being as heavy and juicy, insert other descriptors, as possible. Do you still recommend a pad swap on the SZ2000's? If so, what pads do i get, and what is the cheapest way to aquire new pads?

I read the first 6 pages of this thread, but i'm unsure about how your results can benefit my specific needs.

I hope this made sense, and you can help me out.

Thank you so much!
Marcello

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #619 of 12,993

VIBE BLACK DEATH v.s. Audio Technica ATH-Pro700Mk2

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
VIBE BLACK DEATH!

Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 12dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-PRO700MK2

Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 12dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Comments: high clamping force made difficult to position paper

MAY REDO - NOT HAPPY - VIDEO IS ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO ME NOT KEEPING IT STEADY!

[size=medium]?[/size]​
 ​
 ​
 ​
(winner faces modded Akai)​

Both cans owned by @cb3723
And he's gotta call this match
Can't tell this one by video. 

UPDATED:

Pro 700MK2....YOU LOSE!!
 ​

I am sorry but the pro700 mk2 **** all over the vibe blackdeath's the pro700mk2's have jaw shattering bass the vibe blackdeath's do not compare at all sorry

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #620 of 12,993
I have mine tomorrow. I will let you know how they handle that kind of music. Im listening to the track now, and I already think these cans will blow your head off with this kinda music. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #621 of 12,993
  I am sorry but the pro700 mk2 **** all over the vibe blackdeath's the pro700mk2's have jaw shattering bass the vibe blackdeath's do not compare at all sorry

Don't be sorry.
The guy who tested both of them owns..both of them and took those videos.

Your comment is why we have these videos. 

YOU (talk big...use off the chart terms)
@cb3723  (owns both cans, took vids of both cans, made an opinion based on the exact same track being played by both cans)

"Jaw shattering bass..."  <<<<< What is that??

..like this??
confused.gif

.like this??
confused.gif

.like this??
confused.gif

"Jaw shattering bass..." 

LOL

Your cans don't do bass like in the vids and my jaw is fine....not broke...hell...not even a bruise.

42 pages and 620 posts till I got my 1st troll....got cha bru!! You on the thread now...jaw shattering?? That's some stuff right there.

THIS SPOT RESERVED  for jaw shattering 700mk2 video

. We make these vids just for folks like you who say a lot and show nothing...zero....talk talk talk.

the pro700 mk2 **** all over the vibe blackdeath's

I'm a basshead bru....please translate....how many dB at what Hz??

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #622 of 12,993
  Hello fellow basshead!

I was wondering if the JVC HA-SZ2000 would be suited for dubstep, and just bass music? i'm not really sure how to describe the genre, the songs basically have a bassline, and random noises, clips thrown in. Many people just call the songs a bunch of noise, but for some reason, they really get my jollies off.

Hey bro
This thread is for that question
Whole community of sz owners over there
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-appreciation-thread/1125#post_10642223

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #623 of 12,993

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong and look forward to watching your vibe BD Vs. AT Pro700mk2 video's which I take you must own both to make such a confident comment.

If you have any other bass cans in your collection you think can displace the current cans shown here - go for it - that's what this thread is all about - showing NOT blowing hot air or should I say bass air :wink:

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #624 of 12,993
I'm more than happy to be proved wrong and look forward to watching your vibe BD Vs. AT Pro700mk2 video's which I take you must own both to make such a confident comment.

If you have any other bass cans in your collection you think can displace the current cans shown here - go for it - that's what this thread is all about - showing NOT blowing hot air or should I say bass air
wink.gif

While you me and everybody wait for the jawbreakers....

Tried the Beats bass track and the small paper idea....scrap that. The big 1/2 A4 is still perfect for the big hitters.
If you start the vid at 1:24 into that track it's got an epic warping hit that made the paper go nuts.

Have you heard that Wiz track enough to last you the rest of your life yet??
biggrin.gif

Try the Beats bass track sometime and go from that mark.....whole new visual. Really sweet!!

No highs or mids...just the sound of the paper vibe. Easier to absorb via video...IMO

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #625 of 12,993
24e.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #626 of 12,993
While you me and everybody wait for the jawbreakers....

Tried the Beats bass track and the small paper idea....scrap that. The big 1/2 A4 is still perfect for the big hitters.
If you start the vid at 1:24 into that track it's got an epic warping hit that made the paper go nuts.

Have you heard that Wiz track enough to last you the rest of your life yet??:D
Try the Beats bass track sometime and go from that mark.....whole new visual. Really sweet!!

No highs or mids...just the sound of the paper vibe. Easier to absorb via video...IMO

I'll give it a spin - I don't really hear that Wiz track anymore - after using it so hard after a while my
brain goes into mute so a new track with new good vibrations is a welcome break in the bass :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/-eSN8Cwit_s[/VIDEO]​

HaHa - your new track video is showing serious bass pressure - paper is a wiggle it blur :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/p2PGNA2u_HI[/VIDEO]​

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #630 of 12,993
No. Paper tests are not jokes. Paper has roughly the same impact response as skin... So basically paper is very close to skin. If you took a patch of skin and laid it over the pads, it would look close to the paper test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back