The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #633 of 12,993

If that's a joke, then I don't get it. If it's not a joke, then I still don't get it. In short, I don't get it.

Listen.
Came on Head -Fi and heard stuff like Ultrasone 580, Dt 770 M-Audio Q-40 were head thumping cans.
They are not. So what are you gonna do?

I took the sz2000 and made some videos and...don't look now but they got a growing community and hammer harder than any other can and have never had anyone who owns the Pro 900 or Sig DJ or anything else  and own the sz2000 say anything otherwise. Not once.

Other folks like the guy saying 700mk2 will shatter your jaw......c'mon. What?

The paper is as analogous as your gonna get on a bass cans ability to transfer the bass hit /cup resonance through the pad and to your head. It's ghetto but it's easy to mimic and easy for others to attempt and it's a ultra easy way to play bass tester. Don't hate. Appreciate. The effort your fellow Head fier's are making to try and make the words hammer and cannon and face melting and now.....jaw breaking a little less misleading....cuz there is no bass like that.

Is it perfect?
No.
Nobody said it was.
It's fun....and that really is bass making those papers move. 2Khz notes are sure not doing that
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #634 of 12,993

Listen.
Came on Head -Fi and heard stuff like Ultrasone 580, Dt 770 M-Audio Q-40 were head thumping cans.
They are not. So what are you gonna do?

I took the sz2000 and made some videos and...don't look now but they got a growing community and hammer harder than any other can and have never had anyone who owns the Pro 900 or Sig DJ or anything else  and own the sz2000 say anything otherwise. Not once.

Other folks like the guy saying 700mk2 will shatter your jaw......c'mon. What?

The paper is as analogous as your gonna get on a bass cans ability to transfer the bass hit /cup resonance through the pad and to your head. It's ghetto but it's easy to mimic and easy for others to attempt and it's a ultra easy way to play bass tester. Don't hate. Appreciate. The effort your fellow Head fier's are making to try and make the words hammer and cannon and face melting and now.....jaw breaking a little less misleading....cuz there is no bass like that.

Is it perfect?
No.
Nobody said it was.
It's fun....and that really is bass making those papers move. 2Khz notes are sure not doing that
wink.gif

So the obvious question...which can is making the paper move more? I can't really see.
PS- Play a 2khz note loud enough and you could make the paper move.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #635 of 12,993

So the obvious question...which can is making the paper move more? I can't really see.
PS- Play a 2khz note loud enough and you could make the paper move.

Man....no.....NO!!!
biggrin.gif

Sometimes it's obvious. If it's not then if the person owns both cans they can just verify by good ole fashioned on the ear head bumping.
That's why someone got upset and said the mk2 will shatter your jaw.....dear lord....that's some bass
popcorn.gif
.........not.

This little vid stuff assures he won't continue without the obvious question rising up which is....pics of the broken jaws or better....bass can bass crushing the jaws on video
deadhorse.gif

Nobody has rec'd anyone a set of cans solely on a vid but if somebody asks which hits harder we can continue that convo like normal. 
In the end me and cb ALWAYS rec folks to listen before they buy....it goes without saying but we say it anyway.

C'mon....bass cans in gladiator mode?? I love watching the vids and I'm the one making some of them and some folks have never seen a SIg DJ or an XB1000 pushing paper in a low frequency display. This is good stuff.

Of course I got A.D.H.D so videos are like 10x better than pics and 10000x better than words
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #640 of 12,993
  10x or 10000x better than response graphs and words?

10000x better than response graphs for showing how much a bass can or bass capable can can do.

Graphs are usually the original factory tuned response curve. 
If you're gonna bass boost or eq your gonna push that line way up anyway. You might wanna see if it's lacking naturally in the 20,-80Hz range but these gladiators are all known pretty much as bass capable cans.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #641 of 12,993
  10000x better than response graphs for showing how much a bass can or bass capable can can do.

Graphs are usually the original factory tuned response curve. 
If you're gonna bass boost or eq your gonna push that line way up anyway. You might wanna see if it's lacking naturally in the 20,-80Hz range but these gladiators are all known pretty much as bass capable cans.

hmmmm, Im not convinced.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #644 of 12,993
next time someone needs a skin transplant they can just as well take paper then. if you would take a piece of leather and placed that on there and you would compare that too human skin ok .. but paper, give me a break

Users who are viewing this thread

Back