The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 16, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #571 of 12,993
  you know I'm going to do this but, have you SPL matched each one, the two videos are not recorded in the same volume so I assume the XB playback was quieter than the SZ2000, and if it was quiter than ofc it had less bass, it was outputting less spl

that said you need to start doing spl levels for your tests, you can afford a semi cheap SPL metet, other wise the validity of your tests stand in question. 

you know I'm going to do this but,
rolleyes.gif

Takes 15 minutes bruh....anytime you're ready
wink.gif

This thread is displaying a form of low frequency response using some powerhouses in the Headphone arena. SPL meter is not going to give you the golden ring. If you wanna know what cans will make your skull vibrate you're in the right place. If you wanna talk about SPL make a thread and use your meter. (everybody gotta buy a meter?....you just need a 1/2 an A4 for this test) Better than that is to upload just one video. Worth 10 times more than word like "validity" and validity is up to the viewer. CB,Newwave, I and other testers are not going to blow our cans to validate anything....sorry.

Easy to critique a mousetrap design.  Even easier to take a vid of your cans using this tests parameters and you push the gain as far as you are comfortable with.

I ain't mad but...c'mon.....validity?

They were and are calling stuff like Q40 "cannons" on this site without any kind of effort to show it.

Bring it on bro!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #572 of 12,993
AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-PRO700MK2

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Me3yW8fVZ34[/VIDEO]

Approx half of a sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 12dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

Comments: high clamping force made difficult to position paper

MAY REDO - NOT HAPPY - VIDEO IS ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO ME NOT KEEPING IT STEADY!

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #573 of 12,993

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-PRO700MK2

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup slightly holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Recommend:

Comments: high clamping force made difficult to position paper

MAY REDO - NOT HAPPY - VIDEO IS ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO ME NOT KEEPING IT STEADY!

All In CAPS.....
biggrin.gif

I feel a ripple in the force.... (predict another video down the road for these) They look real good BTW...some humming bird flutter action right there especially around the 2:00 when you ....settled down.
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #574 of 12,993
JVC SZ1000

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/EPCM4R0B35s[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Recommend:

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #575 of 12,993
All In CAPS.....:D

I feel a ripple in the force.... (predict another video down the road for these) They look real good BTW...some humming bird flutter action right there especially around the 2:00 when you ....settled down.:p

HaHa :D - I think I was too flustered by the time I got it eventually set up due to the insane clamping force on them (they are intended for club DJ use so hard clamp for noise isolation) and ended up wobbling around with video like a loon - lol

Tried it again but too frustrating so did the SZ1000 which was strange ish in as much most of the air that was moving was coming out the back right hand side from video position which is very noticeable.

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #576 of 12,993
VIBE BLACK DEATH!

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/4wGHnMxd0jM[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Recommend:

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #578 of 12,993

VIBE BLACK DEATH!

Test Conditions

Recommend:

VIBE BLACK DEATH!!!

I think that paper is waving to me???
Do I know that paper?? 
Do I owe it money??
LOL

Good stuff!! 
When we do Hall of Fame considers we need to keep these in mind. They look stronger than I expected
L3000.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #579 of 12,993
VIBE BLACK DEATH!!!

I think that paper is waving to me???
Do I know that paper?? 
Do I owe it money??
LOL

Good stuff!! 
When we do Hall of Fame considers we need to keep these in mind. They look stronger than I expected:L3000:

Yeah, I was really surprised at how well the Vibes did but I think it's down to a very good seal from pad to paper - took seconds to set up - everything sat perfectly - angle of top cup, bottom cup level, pads seem to keep paper even across bottom pad - and boom - paper started bouncing with bass! :D

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #580 of 12,993
Have you noticed that the Vibe BLACKDEATH is identical to the NuMark Electrowave in build?

I'd say these two cans are produced by same OEM, just branded differently according to each brand holder?

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #581 of 12,993
Have you noticed that the Vibe BLACKDEATH is identical to the Newmark Electrowave in build?

I'd say these two cans are produced by same OEM, just branded differently according to each brand holder?

BINGO!!

I thought the same thing.

inMusic  <<<<<<<<<

It's why the Akai and M-Audio are twins.
tongue.gif
....and they own NuMark to i think?

Who owns Black Vibe

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #584 of 12,993
Vibe Technologies UK

www.vibeaudio.co.uk

http://gcmagazine.co.uk/vibe-technologies-looks-for-independent-retail-partners/

imagejpg2-5.jpg
 ​

Well now I feel all smart and stuff
biggrin.gif

I put the stamp on those back on the 1st.

They hammer pretty good. I actually have listened to the Black Death but it was White and blue with velour like pads...and......hammered so they got the tag.

Vendors can dress em any way they like but I'm gonna find em.
deadhorse.gif

And about that base. Cheers for a job well done!!​
 ​
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back