The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #556 of 12,993
  I'm a brand loyal customer and wanted to be so for this company.
I put myself on a mail list for contact/announcements  (2 different times with 2 different mails)

I got nothing. No notice. Nothing specific and nothing generic.
They are not so big they could not respond to the mail list supplied to them as asked for on their site.
Val from Vmoda engages his community. ZO does not. 2 or 3 bass centric threads on Head-fi and no attempt at guerrilla marketing?

I'll pass.

I do look forward to someone bringing their ZO3 powered rig to the bass battles.
L3000.gif

I'm heading to the beach.
After that my sz1000 is gonna lay the smack down on someones cans
biggrin.gif

@MizMoxie

My bad...sorry

I got the notice. Was in my "Promotions" tab where it should be but I ...can be......a MORON
redface.gif

My bad. Good luck with the awesome bass boosting!!

Bass Gladiators (ADD YOURS NOW) 
cool.gif

SONY MDR XB700                     (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA-MR77x                         (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

SMS DJ PRO                            (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Ultrasone Signature DJ              (courtesy of cb3723)

Akai Pro AP-HPH-002                (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Monster Beats Pro (Detox)         (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB910                     (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB1000                   (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA SZ2000                        (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy and cb3723)

Razer Kraken                           (courtesy of NewWaveAudio)

JVC HA SZ1000                        (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

(Reserved for your can)

CURRENT TEST PARAMETERS 

1. You must use this track>>>>>>>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmP7TYtDVUU&feature=kp

1. You must use an A4 sized piece of paper cut exactly in half

1. You must state DAP and AMP settings.

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #558 of 12,993
JVC-HA SZ1000

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing
[rule]

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on​

Recommend:

Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

[rule]

Nice air on the SZ1000 - I'm diggin the pads on these monsters too - not perfect but better than the SZ2000 stock type for sure.

It's the biggest mystery in the design link as to why the SZ2000 pads fail so bad - almost as if they were screaming up hard to the deadline and just threw something lying around on?

JVC - so much win but final attention to detail + crumby marketing leaves a lot to be desired.

I think you have promoted these cans better than JVC's marketing dept have even tried :D

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #559 of 12,993
[/SPOILER]

Nice air on the SZ1000 - I'm diggin the pads on these monsters too - not perfect but better than the SZ2000 stock type for sure.

It's the biggest mystery in the design link as to why the SZ2000 pads fail so bad - almost as if they were screaming up hard to the deadline and just threw something lying around on?

JVC - so much win but final attention to detail + crumby marketing leaves a lot to be desired.

I think you have promoted these cans better than JVC's marketing dept have even tried
biggrin.gif

I put them on my head after hitting stop on the vid and the frames were going nuts. The brass damping on the 2000 becomes more and more clear. The torque on these makes me feel like the whole things gonna blow itself to bits before the driver fails. Just epic stuff. I switch off the pads for best test cuz the transfer is superior but honestly these are more comfortable than the big brothers. The pads the headband pad. It's comfy. Not ideal but I was expecting worse so it was nice. The stock pads are back on. Because the mids and highs sound nicer on the 1000 (to my ears) a good pad change would be worth the effort. sz1000 + HM5 pads and I'm still under $150 bucks.

I bought the Sig pro by mistake for $1,200 here in Japan and was almost ill (I'm a basshead) I confused the Sig Pro with the Sig DJ. That shop and it's credit were what caused me to find the sz2000 on a rack getting no love. It worked out. Those Sig DJ must be the most beautiful cans i have ever seen. You gotta love those.

JVC should pay me. Folks are gonna get the 1000 cuz..

It's $130 for a dual driver hard backed cannon.

deadhorse.gif

O.K.,
I'll stop pimping these now

These 3 girls actually come with the headphones. Separate box 2 days later....wait for it
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #560 of 12,993
I put them on my head after hitting stop on the vid and the frames were going nuts. The brass damping on the 2000 becomes more and more clear. The torque on these makes me feel like the whole things gonna blow itself to bits before the driver fails. Just epic stuff. I switch off the pads for best test cuz the transfer is superior but honestly these are more comfortable than the big brothers. The pads the headband pad. It's comfy. Not ideal but I was expecting worse so it was nice. The stock pads are back on. Because the mids and highs sound nicer on the 1000 (to my ears) a good pad change would be worth the effort. sz1000 + HM5 pads and I'm still under $150 bucks.

I bought the Sig pro by mistake for $1,200 here in Japan and was almost ill (I'm a basshead) I confused the Sig Pro with the Sig DJ. That shop and it's credit were what caused me to find the sz2000 on a rack getting no love. It worked out. Those Sig DJ must be the most beautiful cans i have ever seen. You gotta love those.

JVC should pay me. Folks are gonna get the 1000 cuz..

It's $130 for a dual driver hard backed cannon.

:deadhorse:

O.K.,
I'll stop pimping these now

These 3 girls actually come with the headphones. Separate box 2 days later....wait for it:D

Oh man, I'm waiting for the JVC bass party pimp girls delivery for sure :tongue_smile: must be for VIP owners of 2&1K's I'd say - lol :D

I spent a little time earlier today with the SZ1000's, plugged directly into iPad with bass boost setting EQ but no external Fiio amp whatsoever, listening to Cream Ibiza Anthems (not particularly deep bass genre unlike hip-hop) and these deliver a silky smooth very high quality sound way above their price point, but if you want to dig deeper into more bass with select bass EQing, then as has been shown here by you - there's a mountain of it just awaiting on standby.

Yes, these are in the top two of extreme bass cans available right now or ever before, but they are (and the SZ2000) far from a one trick pony - essential basshead can? I'd say any self respecting basshead should at least own this can or the SZ2000 without any reservation, but I also think that between the 2&1K, the 1K is also suited for people who aren't necessarily a basshead, but want a fun, plenty at the bottom end with acres in reserve,sonic signature, might not necessarily be looking to bass EQ as hard as the premise of your thread, not have the discomfort issues and earpad swapping to be concerned about as with the 2k and get a substantially well built and engineered can that is coming in at an amazingly low cost for what is delivers.

The SZ1000 is a major step up from the HA-MR77X in sound and build, not that I'm knocking the 77 - one of the best value cans available - period.

For basshead terrorists like you - get both or just the SZ2000 :D

But really between the two of them - there's really no losers here :)

You were clearly guided to the SZ2000's by a higher bass source, to become the ambassador of bass you have become, and your beginnings into the power of the dark side of the bass, a Sith in subterranean sonics - lol :D

I wonder if JVC are working on a SZ3000 model? :cool:

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #562 of 12,993
Oh man, I'm waiting for the JVC bass party pimp girls delivery for sure :tongue_smile: must be for VIP owners of 2&1K's I'd say - lol :D

I spent a little time earlier today with the SZ1000's, plugged directly into iPad with bass boost setting EQ but no external Fiio amp whatsoever, listening to Cream Ibiza Anthems (not particularly deep bass genre unlike hip-hop) and these deliver a silky smooth very high quality sound way above their price point, but if you want to dig deeper into more bass with select bass EQing, then as has been shown here by you - there's a mountain of it just awaiting on standby.

Yes, these are in the top two of extreme bass cans available right now or ever before, but they are (and the SZ2000) far from a one trick pony - essential basshead can? I'd say any self respecting basshead should at least own this can or the SZ2000 without any reservation, but I also think that between the 2&1K, the 1K is also suited for people who aren't necessarily a basshead, but want a fun, plenty at the bottom end with acres in reserve,sonic signature, might not necessarily be looking to bass EQ as hard as the premise of your thread, not have the discomfort issues and earpad swapping to be concerned about as with the 2k and get a substantially well built and engineered can that is coming in at an amazingly low cost for what is delivers.

The SZ1000 is a major step up from the HA-MR77X in sound and build, not that I'm knocking the 77 - one of the best value cans available - period.

For basshead terrorists like you - get both or just the SZ2000 :D

But really between the two of them - there's really no losers here :)

You were clearly guided to the SZ2000's by a higher bass source, to become the ambassador of bass you have become, and your beginnings into the power of the dark side of the bass, a Sith in subterranean sonics - lol :D

I wonder if JVC are working on a SZ3000 model? :cool:

Hawaiibadboy What really blows my mind is why JVC Doesn't market the SZ line in the US. They are missing out on a huge sales opportunity
they'd need to make them look cooler first, and then do something like HBB's very own patented bass test on a commercial. :D and... Cb... That picture will haunt my dreams for years to come.

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #564 of 12,993
Oh man, I'm waiting for the JVC bass party pimp girls delivery for sure
tongue_smile.gif
must be for VIP owners of 2&1K's I'd say - lol
biggrin.gif

O.K.
It's not just me.

I was kinda floored after the uncomfortable almost perfect 2000 (perfect for bassheads and Live club enthusiasts)...the 1000 seem to be a better execution of Dual driver/Kelton-sub theory. They sound really nice. I'm quite pleased.

The sz1000 will come out to fight if challenged but otherwise they stay babied.

The big brother will square away any mean cans wanting to pick on the little 1000's​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Did you get the dancing girls? ...international shipping....hope they made it through inspection
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #565 of 12,993
Bracket #1 Bass Battle Update:
 ​
 ​

​
The Monster Beats DETOX Pro defeated the SMS DJ PRO​
 ​
        ​

​
 ​
The Sony MDR-XB700 defeated the  Monster Beats DETOX Pro​
 ​

​
 ​
The J.V.C HA-SZ1000 defeated the Sony MDR-XB700​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
SMS DJ PRO
Monster Beats DETOX Pro
and
Sony MDR-XB700
 ​
YOU LOSE!!!!
 ​
 ​

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #566 of 12,993
My interest has been piqued.  Where can I hear this JVC HA-SZ2000?  Any well known electronic/audio shop has these to demo?

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #567 of 12,993
they'd need to make them look cooler first, and then do something like HBB's very own patented bass test on a commercial. :D and... Cb... That picture will haunt my dreams for years to come.

HaHa - lol :D

Haunt you?

How come?

I was only doodling, trying to think what a comic basshead might look like - I had the phrase "bass terrorist" in mind, hence the balaclava :wink:

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #568 of 12,993
  My interest has been piqued.  Where can I hear this JVC HA-SZ2000?  Any well known electronic/audio shop has these to demo?

The video above is the 1000 which is more comfortable (stock) and still has the power as showed in the vid.

The 2000 are different

Sz1000 (left) Sz2000 (right)
Damping cylinder holds bass together better though it is only noticed at massive bass levels. Testing levels.

Both share identical "Kelton Theory" Subs.

These are the 2000

As it's a Japan import (I'm in Japan) ...I'm not sure where if anywhere you could try these
confused.gif

FWIW

There is a thread for these cans and the owners also possess flagship models from several high end makers and they love their sz's very much

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #570 of 12,993

Bracket #1 Bass Battle Update:
 ​
 ​

​
The Monster Beats DETOX Pro defeated the SMS DJ PRO​
 ​
        ​

​
 ​
The Sony MDR-XB700 defeated the  Monster Beats DETOX Pro​
 ​

​
 ​
The J.V.C HA-SZ1000 defeated the Sony MDR-XB700​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
SMS DJ PRO
Monster Beats DETOX Pro
and
Sony MDR-XB700
 ​
YOU LOSE!!!!
 ​
 ​

you know I'm going to do this but, have you SPL matched each one, the two videos are not recorded in the same volume so I assume the XB playback was quieter than the SZ2000, and if it was quiter than ofc it had less bass, it was outputting less spl

that said you need to start doing spl levels for your tests, you can afford a semi cheap SPL metet, other wise the validity of your tests stand in question. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back