The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 13, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #526 of 12,993

​
After the battles the next round will be with this Beats Bass test track using a smaller piece of paper (exact dimensions to be determined later) ​
This will be easier for some cans as moving 1/2 A4 is kinda hard.​
 ​
Anyway. Still a bit till that comes (gotta give the crowd time to join this first round
biggrin.gif
)  so do not test yet until dimensions are decided. But it will be of similar size using this track.​

Bass Gladiators (ADD YOURS NOW) 
cool.gif

SONY MDR XB700                     (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA-MR77x                         (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

SMS DJ PRO                            (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Ultrasone Signature DJ              (courtesy of cb3723)

Akai Pro AP-HPH-002                (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Monster Beats Pro (Detox)         (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB910                     (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB1000                   (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA SZ2000                        (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy and cb3723)

Razer Kraken                           (courtesy of NewWaveAudio)

(Reserved for your can)

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #529 of 12,993
Yay, my track's finally going to be used in a tournament!

Should one of my cans participate in the tournament? I got the following ones:

Beats studio v1.0/Beats pro detox/AKG K240/Hifiman HE-300/MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2

The studio's have the most bass, I think.
Also got a FiiO E11 to crank up the bass some more.

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #530 of 12,993

Beats studio v1.0/Beats pro detox/AKG K240/Hifiman HE-300/MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2

I'm interested in the Mad Dogs - would glad to see a comparison to other bass monsters.

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #531 of 12,993

I'm interested in the Mad Dogs - would glad to see a comparison to other bass monsters.

They're bass quality monsters, not quantity. But I can try.. xD

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #532 of 12,993

That's even better - would be good to know, how the quality relates to quantity.
A little background - I recently tested the Audeze LCD-2 and I absolutely loved them (everything from strong, but extremally controlled bass, detailed mids, and velvetly smooth yet extended highs). If they only weren't open headphones... Some users stated that the Mad Dogs are like a closed version of the LCD-2.

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #533 of 12,993

That's even better - would be good to know, how the quality relates to quantity.
A little background - I recently tested the Audeze LCD-2 and I absolutely loved them (everything from stron, but extremally controlled bass, detailed mids, and velvetly smooth yet extended highs). If they only weren't open headphones... Some users stated that the Mad Dogs are like a closed version of the LCD-2.

I'd be vidding with my phone so the quality would be really bad.
Well yeah that's what everyone said, I was thinking about getting the LCD-XC like a half year ago (still had to save up) so I contacted a shop here in the Netherlands, Soundconsult. Long story short: He said don't get the LCD-XC, it's not worth it. I asked well you sell them, why do you do so? Because the LCD-2 is worth it, and the LCD-3 too. I then wanted to get the LCD-2, but he said I would be better off with the Mad Dogs, they sound very very similar they said. I trusted him on his word and well, I'm loving the Mad Dogs. Never heard the LCD-2 though (When I went to visit his shop, the had just sold his last LCD-2 :frowning2: ). But he gave me the impression that he really knows his Schiit, which makes me trust him.
You don't live in the Netherlands by any chance, do you? xD

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #534 of 12,993
A little background - I recently tested the Audeze LCD-2 and I absolutely loved them (everything from strong, but extremally controlled bass, detailed mids, and velvetly smooth yet extended highs). If they only weren't open headphones... Some users stated that the Mad Dogs are like a closed version of the LCD-2.

The MadDogs are voiced similar to the LCD-2 in presentation, but the lack the air and depth of the LCD-2 (closed vs open). They are 100% more comfortable then the LCD-2.

The MadDogs shine with some power, they sound fantastic with the LYR or a vintage receiver. 

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #535 of 12,993
  The MadDogs are voiced similar to the LCD-2 in presentation, but the lack the air and depth of the LCD-2 (closed vs open). They are 100% more comfortable then the LCD-2.

The MadDogs shine with some power, they sound fantastic with the LYR or a vintage receiver. 

They do lack a bit of air and depth (comparing to my only open headphone, Hifiman HE-300) but that's ofcourse because it's closed. For a closed headphone it does have a very good soundstage though.
They are EXTREMELY comfortable, I choose the comfort of these over the Beyerdynamics DT770 (They have this 'suckish' feeling, that's why) And Beyer is known as the king of comfort.

Too bad I only have a FiiO E11 as an amp, I'd love to try these with something like a LYR.

Anyways, we're going offtopic now and I don't think HBB would like that xD (and neither will the mods).

I will try a bass test on the MD's, but they do distort pretty fast when turned up (this could be because of my laptop or FiiO E11, not sure.)

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #537 of 12,993
  Yep, they can handle a ton of power, it is the amp you hear clipping.

That explains a lot..
Reminds me of when I tried to power a HD800 with my FiiO E11, many distorted sounds were heard that day. Sony Xperia z1 android smartphone > FiiO E11 > Sennheiser HD800 setup didn't work that well.

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #538 of 12,993

p>
You don't live in the Netherlands by any chance, do you? xD

Haha, no, I live in Poland. A local shop lend me them for one day. I was mesmerized by the LCD-2, but as I don't hear to music at home, only in the office, I need something closed. Will definitely keep an eye on the Mad Dogs.
Can they be bought online in Europe?

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #539 of 12,993

They do lack a bit of air and depth (comparing to my only open headphone, Hifiman HE-300) but that's ofcourse because it's closed. For a closed headphone it does have a very good soundstage though.
They are EXTREMELY comfortable, I choose the comfort of these over the Beyerdynamics DT770 (They have this 'suckish' feeling, that's why) And Beyer is known as the king of comfort.

Too bad I only have a FiiO E11 as an amp, I'd love to try these with something like a LYR.

Anyways, we're going offtopic now and I don't think HBB would like that xD (and neither will the mods).

I will try a bass test on the MD's, but they do distort pretty fast when turned up (this could be because of my laptop or FiiO E11, not sure.)

Please take a video.

Bass Gladiators (ADD YOURS NOW) 
cool.gif

SONY MDR XB700                     (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA-MR77x                         (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

SMS DJ PRO                            (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Ultrasone Signature DJ              (courtesy of cb3723)

Akai Pro AP-HPH-002                (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy)

Monster Beats Pro (Detox)         (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB910                     (courtesy of cb3723)

SONY MDR XB1000                   (courtesy of cb3723)

JVC HA SZ2000                        (courtesy of Hawaiibadboy and cb3723)

Razer Kraken                           (courtesy of NewWaveAudio)

(Reserved for your can)

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #540 of 12,993
  Please take a video.

The MadDogs have articulate layered bass, but they are not going to move paper due to the depth and dispersion of  sound based on the  planar magnetic presentation. I can throw 5 watts at them and they pound on my skull to the point where my eyes water, but they do not move air the same way a dynamic headphone does. Same can be said for the LCD-2 , deep extend bass, but it is more of a "wall of sound" presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back